TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Red Brembo Caolipers

BlueByU

I am looking for new front brakes calipers ( Brembo ) for my 2011 GT500, BUT they need to be RED in color and not caliper covers. I found a vendor for $ 1,200.00 that has Black, but NOT RED. Does anyone know of a vendor that sells RED Front Bembo Brake Capliers????? :headscratch: I spelled Calipers wrong on the forum.:doh:

Are you looking for the same 4 piston calipers as stock or are you looking something larger? I'm not sure the OE calipers are offered in red. Though the Gran Turismo kit which looks like OE from Brembo can be had for ~$4K. Check out BuyBrakes.com. I have no idea if they are a quality retailer, I only found them with a quick google search.

I have a set of OE Brembo Calipers off of a 2012 that I have painted Ford Torch Red using G2 paint. I have not installed them since painting. I would actually prefer the calipers in Vista Blue. If you are interested we may be able to work a trade. Your black for my red.

If you are not familiar with the G2 paint do a google search. It's a high quality high temp caliper paint. I sprayed the calipers so the paint is fairly smooth.

Are you looking for the same 4 piston calipers as stock or are you looking something larger? I'm not sure the OE calipers are offered in red. Though the Gran Turismo kit which looks like OE from Brembo can be had for ~$4K. Check out BuyBrakes.com. I have no idea if they are a quality retailer, I only found them with a quick google search.

I have a set of OE Brembo Calipers off of a 2012 that I have painted Ford Torch Red using G2 paint. I have not installed them since painting. I would actually prefer the calipers in Vista Blue. If you are interested we may be able to work a trade. Your black for my red.

If you are not familiar with the G2 paint do a google search. It's a high quality high temp caliper paint. I sprayed the calipers so the paint is fairly smooth.

I am keeping all my Shelby parts that came with the GT500. I just bought new rear calipers from FORD today to paint them RED, But I want Red Brembo Calipers for the front. I am looking for the stock look, but RED. Thanks for you offer. BlueByU

Thanks !! for the website. I will call them tomorrow. The RED Calipers look great on your GT500.

BlueByU

Thanks, but mine is a SGT/SC, not a GT500. I do like the red for sure. Mine are AP Racing and came in black or red - the choice was easy for me - like you I prefer red.

Saw your post about the cost. Big brakes do cost a bunch. I have big brakes on all four corners and got them for track use. They do get the job done out there.

Jim

Thanks, but mine is a SGT/SC, not a GT500. I do like the red for sure. Mine are AP Racing and came in black or red - the choice was easy for me - like you I prefer red.

Saw your post about the cost. Big brakes do cost a bunch. I have big brakes on all four corners and got them for track use. They do get the job done out there.

Jim

Any Links for those on a website??

I broke down today and went to a FORD Dealer and ordered NEW front calipers ( Brembo that are Black in Color ) and rear calipers too. I will get then powder coated then in RED in Color. I will take pictures and post them later on.:camera:

Thanks for everyone's help.

Not sure you will be able to powdercoat them. I could be wrong but I don't think the OE Brembo's are rebuildable and blasting the black finish along with baking the new finish is without disassembling them likely to damage them.

Please correct me If I'm off base.

• 2 weeks later...

Brembo does not make a caliper for the rear.

Not for Mustang or Shelby.

But for other cars.

The only problem is, to find out these car whose rear caliper will fit the Shelby GT500.

Maybe someone here has an idea how to check out this issue.

Maybe Subaru will be a possibility?!

The only problem is, to find out these car whose rear caliper will fit the Shelby GT500.

I do not know what others fit but I have AP Racing. Baer also makes a rear that will fit.

Jim

Not for Mustang or Shelby.

But for other cars.

Maybe Subaru will be a possibility?!

That would be some random luck if a Brembo caliper made for another make bolted up to the Mustang axle. Anything can be made to work with enough custom fabrication. Brembo has purposely avoided producing a caliper for the rear because of what Brembo considers to be excessive side to side play in the axle resulting in knock back.

Knock Back

Maybe Jim can confirm, but it’s my understanding that the AP Racing caliper is a floating caliper intended to mitigate the effect of knock back.

Using any caliper on your Mustang/Shelby that was not specifically designed by the manufacture to be used on a Mustang sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.

Archived