TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Who Knew the UAW Could Be So Informative?

EL SHELBY

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The engine and the computer don't care which supercharger the air comes from, boost is boost. The statement that the computer system is not compatible with XXX blower is nonsense. The statement that you need to have a CARB EO # to pass a plug in OBD2 emissions test or sniffer test commonly required by many states is also false. The level of modification that most individuals and tuners are dealing with on Shelby GT500s will not cause it to fail emissions, as long as the factory emissions systems are retained (catalytic converters and EGR system) along with those systems being left turned on in the tune.

That being said, Shelby and FRPP must obtain a CARB EO due to the fact that they operate as new vehicle manufacturers. Shelby and FRPP are held to a much higher standard than an individual who is installing parts on their vehicle after it is purchased.

The CARB certification process is very time consuming and expensive. FRPP and Shelby most likely did not see the benefit of offering multiple superchargers, when the take rate was so low on the 07-10 605/650hp warrantied supersnakes.

The VMP TVS upgrade will pass a plug in OBD2 or tailpipe sniffer emissions tests just fine, my calibration retains all factory safeguards and emissions controls unless you are using the vehicle in a race only off-road environment and request otherwise.

CLAP.

You mean the same ones I said? ROFL.

Say it out loud - BOOST IS BOOST.

Actually, instead of saying "facts" I should have said "experience".

Regardless, you apparently don't read my posts thouroughly..

I agreed with you that BOOST IS BOOST (to a point), and I said so in one of my posts (read my previos posts) "out loud".

That isn't the issue. The term "compatible" seems to be what's at issue. At least that is what started out being the issue.

As to your contention that the computer can't tell what SC is on the engine, that is false. As I also wrote in a previous post, the Mass AIR FLOW sensor is "upstream" of the SC and it senses AIR FLOW (not BOOST). If the air flow has "pulses" the MAF would most certainly sense that, would it not? And a frequency based air flow sensor would be more apt to sense pulses (or the lack there of).

You still didn't reply to my post where I took *your* suggestion and "looked at the FACTS", other than a virtual roll of your eyes. Wow, GREAT ANSWER!

Tell me Chris, what is your educational background on Electronic Engine Controls/EEC? I mean, other than "you live in CA so you know the EO process inside and out"?

Phill

1). Why don't you just ask Tasca if the TVS cars is 50 state?

2). Also don't you have, white SS stripes, black alcoa wheels and Shelby PROPITARTY grind cam specs to complain about?

1). Why would I? I already know it's not. Believe me, if it was, they'd be proudly proclaiming it was.

2) Ummmmmm, HUH? If you mean that I have stated on a number of occasions that I think SA is stupid for letting a $45K sale walk out the door over a white stripe install on a Super Snake, the same Super Snake that has the White Stripe option on the next Model Year is "complaining", then "okay" <?SHRUG?>

As far as Shelby not releasing the specs on their "PROPITARTY(sic) cam", you (and CJ) probably ought to look up the word "Proprietary" before you accuse me of "complaining" about them. Proprietary does not mean "secret", it means they own the legal rights to it.

But "black alcoa wheels"??? What the HELL are you talking about now? I think you have me confused for someone else.

Phill Pollard

As far as Shelby not releasing the specs on their "PROPITARTY(sic) cam", you (and CJ) probably ought to look up the word "Proprietary" before you accuse me of "complaining" about them. Proprietary does not mean "secret", it means they own the legal rights to it.

I know what PROPRIETARY means. I am not that stupid. Now you are also just yelling at me for a stupid typo. As of for those PROPRIETARY cams, If THEY have the legal rights to it, THEY then can decide if they want to release the cam specs or not.

1). Why would I? I already know it's not. Believe me, if it was, they'd be proudly proclaiming it was.

2) Ummmmmm, HUH? If you mean that I have stated on a number of occasions that I think SA is stupid for letting a $45K sale walk out the door over a white stripe install on a Super Snake, the same Super Snake that has the White Stripe option on the next Model Year is "complaining", then "okay" <?SHRUG?>

But "black alcoa wheels"??? What the HELL are you talking about now? I think you have me confused for someone else.

Phill Pollard

Then why is Tasca offering the supercharger to their customers? Tasca Mod Shop is also part of Tasca Ford so it has to e 50 state legal.

also

1. I agree paying for that sump of cash that is not right to take such an offer and blow it over a stripe. I think it's still too expensive still to be a proce for a SS conversion IMHO.

2.Maybe my memory filled in a gap on perspection. The human brain has a tendency to do that. We think you said that when in reality we didn't. It's a natural thing about the brain and all the wonderful things it can do. It also controls what people say/ type.

Let me put this part in Shelby talk:

Make sure brain is in gear BEFORE engaging the mouth.

Archived