TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Boss 302 Ends Up On Its Side In Las Vegas.........

shelbymotorsports

Ford would probably like us to call it a "crimp" instead of bent but yes it appears they are all that way. I may be wrong but I would think that is a reasonator and not a catalytic convertor. This also makes me think that crimp is a way to fine tune the exhaust sound.

Anyone know for sure?

Steve

Ford would probably like us to call it a "crimp" instead of bent but yes it appears they are all that way. I may be wrong but I would think that is a reasonator and not a catalytic convertor. This also makes me think that crimp is a way to fine tune the exhaust sound.

Anyone know for sure?

Steve

I talked to the Ford Rep at the Black top Nationals in Wichita Ks. a couple of weeks ago and he laughed. the left and right side are the same part. One side needs to be crimped that way for clearance so they use one part for both sides. The right side is just tuned so the crimp can't be seen. One part for both sides makes for easier installation at the factory, installers don't have to wory about putting the wrong part on the wrong side.

I talked to the Ford Rep at the Black top Nationals in Wichita Ks. a couple of weeks ago and he laughed. the left and right side are the same part. One side needs to be crimped that way for clearance so they use one part for both sides. The right side is just tuned so the crimp can't be seen. One part for both sides makes for easier installation at the factory, installers don't have to wory about putting the wrong part on the wrong side.

Cha ching!!! Good answer, thanx

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure what purpose you are looking at one for, but if for restoration purposes, look at this for a much safer system! It is also awsome as one person can spin the car around.

http://www.rollerhoop.com

I dont really have the room or cash for a lift. Thought this 'tilter' might be an option. :shrug: I would assume all fluids would have to be drained so it's most likely not very practical. In fact, the more I think about it the more it looks very impractical.

I was only wondering aloud.

I recall seeing "tilters" advertised at car shows several years back, somewhat like the Ford one using the wheel bolts to mount it to the car. Of course they had bikini clad ladies demonstrating how simple it was to use with just a simple electric drill to rotate the car onto its side.

What always struck me odd was the claim that you didn't have to drain any fluids. And I just couldn't believe that claim.

Steve

Archived