TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Take-off Part Numbers and Cost

blackout

I may haved missed a full report/post in my search for the cost and part numbers for Super Snake take-offs, but as mine are being set for return, I'm trying to get an idea of their value (the entire package is new as the car went straight from Ford to SAI). Below is the list that SAI sent me...just looking to see if someone has part numbers, cost per part, or can point me in the direction of that information.

And, yes, this package, itemized or whole (save the wheels), will go up for sale once I take delivery.

Take-Off Parts Contents

Weighs: 650 lbs.

Pallet of Parts dimensions: 60x60x40

Hood dimensions: 60x12x60

Super Snake:

• super charger

• 2x mufflers

• engine fluid cap set

• 4x brakes rotors

• 2x front calipers

• 2x rear calipers

• drive shaft (725hp version).

• 2x front struts

• 2x rear shocks

• 1 front sway bar

• 1 rear sway bar

• shifter assembly

• rear gears

• 4x wheels/tires

• 1 front splitter

• 2x rocker mouldings

• door sill plates

• hood

I may haved missed a full report/post in my search for the cost and part numbers for Super Snake take-offs, but as mine are being set for return, I'm trying to get an idea of their value (the entire package is new as the car went straight from Ford to SAI). Below is the list that SAI sent me...just looking to see if someone has part numbers, cost per part, or can point me in the direction of that information.

And, yes, this package, itemized or whole (save the wheels), will go up for sale once I take delivery.

Take-Off Parts Contents

Weighs: 650 lbs.

Pallet of Parts dimensions: 60x60x40

Hood dimensions: 60x12x60

Super Snake:

• super charger

• 2x mufflers

• engine fluid cap set

• 4x brakes rotors

• 2x front calipers

• 2x rear calipers

• drive shaft (725hp version).

• 2x front struts

• 2x rear shocks

• 1 front sway bar

• 1 rear sway bar

• shifter assembly

• rear gears

• 4x wheels/tires

• 1 front splitter

• 2x rocker mouldings

• door sill plates

• hood

The problem with the value of take-off parts (even if they are no mile parts) is that those are the same parts that many other non-Super Snake owners are taking off of their GT500's during some sort of upgrade process. This fact alone drives the prices down because of the large amount of "same parts" in the market place. For instance, the Super Charger, approx. $3600 from the Ford Parts counter. I have seen many sell on eBay for $600 or less, even no mile units from 2011 cars. Very few buyers are looking for the smaller OEM Eaton unit, but instead want a KB, TVS, Whipple etc., so the market is flooded with Eaton take-offs, new, slightly used and well used. The 5yr./60K powertrain warranty also means that only the earliest cars (unless they have a ton of miles) are falling into the OEM "owner purchase" Super Charger scenario.

It is the same way with most other take-off parts. We Super Snake owners have watched this since 2007.

Some of the 2007-2009 GT500's are now getting some miles on them and in some cases parts are well worn. Some of these owners can now get a little more $$$ for their take-off parts, if the right buyer see's the parts.

The parts that are of "some" value are SVTPP specific/unique parts, since they have just become optional parts on the production GT500. The 2007-2011 front Brembo brake set-up is also somewhat popular. I have seen the front Brembo brakes (complete) sell for $800-$1000. The Mustang GT guys like this GT500 upgrade, but then again, you are talking about GT500 parts on a Mustang GT budget.

R

As said above the only real marketable parts are the front brakes, $600-$800, and the wheels and tires, no idea what they ballpark at. Thru 2009 wheels and tires sell between $600-$1k.

Shelby in their bargin basement is offering all the the parts you list palleted for $2k. No idea if they have sold many.

Gotcha...Thank you for the insight. Perhaps I'll just watch the WTB tags and let the pieces go one at a time as I see folks need/want them.

Otherwise, I'll have to figure out how to make coffee table out of a 2012 GT500 hood :)

Thanks, again.

Here is a nice hood, I have watched it relist multiple times on eBay with no sales at its current price.................sad.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2010-2011-2012-Shelby-GT500-Hood-OEM-svt-supersnake-new-/350485248712?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item519a8c7ac8

R

Gotcha...Thank you for the insight. Perhaps I'll just watch the WTB tags and let the pieces go one at a time as I see folks need/want them.

Otherwise, I'll have to figure out how to make coffee table out of a 2012 GT500 hood :)

Thanks, again.

That's actually a really good idea, or at least as some wall art, maybe have the Old Man sign it. I've considered making a stand and turning one of my OEM SGT wheels into a table; something that wouldn't alter the wheel at all. It wouldn't be hard to do and would make a great peice for an office or man room.

I recently picked up some billett SGT coolant caps for cheap and plan to turn them in to paper weights. I could also see these as door nobs to an interior door, or the door to the garage.

Maybe turn the supercharger into a damn heavy lamp? I've seen gutted muffles turned into a wall sconces, or hanging light.

Seriously, hang some of the parts on the wall in garage. They are works of art in my book.

Update...got an email from my Ford dealer to let me know there's "some guy" interested in the whole package. Don't know if he's serious...but I may just have to go w/my interior decorating idea. I have an extra garage that is just begging to be turned into that kind of museum/man-cave. I'll rig up the SC to power the whole thing.

Of course, my wife will disown me or, at least, leave me out there ;)

That's actually a really good idea, or at least as some wall art, maybe have the Old Man sign it. I've considered making a stand and turning one of my OEM SGT wheels into a table; something that wouldn't alter the wheel at all. It wouldn't be hard to do and would make a great peice for an office or man room.

I recently picked up some billett SGT coolant caps for cheap and plan to turn them in to paper weights. I could also see these as door nobs to an interior door, or the door to the garage.

Maybe turn the supercharger into a damn heavy lamp? I've seen gutted muffles turned into a wall sconces, or hanging light.

Seriously, hang some of the parts on the wall in garage. They are works of art in my book.

A friend of mine wanted my 8.3 original mile Torch Red/Black striped 2008 GT500 hood for his man-cave, problem is, he wanted me to "give" it to him for his room decor...................He said, "You'll never use it again".

R

Archived