TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"NEW Shelby GT logo?"

SGT0225

http://www.championmustang.com/modern/shelby-headrests-shelby-gt-leather-headrestsbr-w-2nd-generation-logobr20052009-c-3639_3643.html

I didn't get an e-mail.

Why did Shelby change the Shelby GT logo?

:headscratch:

I quote "These headrests feature the new Shelby GT logo that was approved by Shelby Licensing Inc. in July 2011. "

The above link takes you to a page that says: There are no products to list in this category. And a search of Champions website comes up blank for "Shelby GT" headrestts.

Do you have a direct link or a photo of this item?

Steve

The above link takes you to a page that says: There are no products to list in this category. And a search of Champions website comes up blank for "Shelby GT" headrestts.

Do you have a direct link or a photo of this item?

Steve

They must have seen this Thread because NOW it shows one very tiny Shelby GT Head Rest in Orange at a 45 Degree Angle at the Top of the Page with NO Link for Info.

The 'S' snake generally associate with the SGT has been around since the '60's. So I'm a little lost on the idea that the 'S' snake is exclusive to the SGT and why the Tiffinay Snake is exclusive to the GT500?

Some prefer the Tiffany Snake so why not make it an option?

The 'S' snake generally associate with the SGT has been around since the '60's. So I'm a little lost on on the idea that the 'S' snake is exclusive to the SGT and why the Tiffinay Snake is exclusive to the GT500?

I am not sure but this may be a change to help sell a few more pairs with a new emblem style????

they can call it anything they want.....that isnt and will never be a Shelby GT logo.......... :doh:

That just doesn't make any sense. Why do you come out with a new logo for a past model... and why does it look nothing like a Shelby logo? Aren't these supposed to be sans Mustang in most regards?

• 4 months later...

The 'S' snake generally associate with the SGT has been around since the '60's. So I'm a little lost on the idea that the 'S' snake is exclusive to the SGT and why the Tiffinay Snake is exclusive to the GT500?

I really don't care but I think that train left the station 4 years ago.

We have everything sold to date with the "S" snake, rear faux gas cap, engine bling, headrests, trunk liner, floor mats, to go back now either means a hodgepodge of snakes or rebuying it all. For fun we can go dig up all the old threads but in the end it gave the SGT a unique (for the modern day cars) personality.

People put the Tiffany snake on already and it doesn't bother me...but I can't see going back now.

I really don't care but I think that strain left the station 4 years ago.

We have everything sold to date with the "S" snake, rear faux gas cap, engine bling, headrests, trunk liner, floor mats, to go back now either means a hodgepodge of snakes or rebuying it all. For fun we can go dig up all the old threads but in the end it gave the SGT a unique (for the modern day cars) personality.

People put the Tiffany snake on already and it doesn't bother me...but I can't see going back now.

As long as SPP still sells it the way I bought mine, I have no complaints. Please don't take my comments as a negative mark twards Shelby. I just show others what I saw.

I have ZERO insight into what's going on here (what else is new) but I can see, looking back now, how SA might think this reduces costs, reduce the size of the catalog, simplify inventory, yet allows for an even broader line-up of items across all cars, makes for a consistant singular brand etc. You can design everything once and just change the car designation if needed. The problem now however is we have owners, like me, who have four years invested in the "S" snake. You will remember I was pretty crazy anti-snake back in the day. But when we got the "S" snake in a collection of really nice accessories that complimented the car I went for it!

- "S" snake engine caps

- "S" snake wheel caps

- "S" snake headrests

- "S" snake powerport plug

- "S" snake floor and trunk mats

- "S" snake faux gas cap

- "S" snake t-shirts, hats, windbreaker, glasses, ets...etc...etc...

So while I may not go back and move over to the Tiffany snake I can see, if SA re-releases all of the above, how others may just continue on under the new branding. If this is true, while I get it, it's a bummer, but I think I'm snaked-out anyway so no lost sales to me I suppose.

On the other hand...this could have been a pure "Shelby Licensing" move and SA had nothing to do with it and may not have even been aware!

I know "Shelby" owns many branches/companies that usually work together in harmony.

I think what was not advertised was the argument or conversation that went like this, "Any one that goes to a car show knows what the tiffany snake is. Anyone that knows what a "Cobra" mustang is, knows the tiffany snake. (1993 and newer) If you hear the words Shelby Mustang, you think tiffany snake. We should give Shelby GT owners the OPTION of owning a car with some tiffany snake emblems if it will make us money."

And I think that conversation ended like this, " Your right!"

Archived