TEAM SHELBY FORUM

20 years ago today....

Cali_KR

Hey Cali, I know you now have a 2008 KR along with the '68. Money aside which car do you like better? Can you explain the pros and cons of each car. I thought about buying a black '68 to go with my 2008 KR but Its a lot of coin and I'm afraid I would be disappointed. I'd appreciate any input you may have.

SVT

Hey Cali, I know you now have a 2008 KR along with the '68. Money aside which car do you like better? Can you explain the pros and cons of each car. I thought about buying a black '68 to go with my 2008 KR but Its a lot of coin and I'm afraid I would be disappointed. I'd appreciate any input you may have.

SVT

Hey SVT,

as i get older, and my body is starting to breakdown, the comfort and convenience of the new cars cannot be beat, plus they out perform any old car exponentially...that being said, there is a certain viseral experience with the vintage that cannot ever be acheived with a new gen car.

Your question is tough to answer because I'm not in your shoes....for me, I absolutely love the car and feel very blessed to have had it as long as i have, and when i do take her out, it is always with a broad smile, not only on my face, but the people on the street love to see her too..on the flip side, I often wrestle with the fact that I really want a FordGT, and If I sold thie '68, I'd get one right now....my wife and kids all say keep the '68

Tom

Yes, 20 years ago today, we acquired this awesome machine....

DSC03607.jpg

I love the car, it"s you I don't like. Making us all jealouse. Just kidding, congrads to you celebrating your 20th annivesary with that time machine. Don't ever let her go!

Hey SVT,

as i get older, and my body is starting to breakdown, the comfort and convenience of the new cars cannot be beat, plus they out perform any old car exponentially...that being said, there is a certain viseral experience with the vintage that cannot ever be acheived with a new gen car.

Your question is tough to answer because I'm not in your shoes....for me, I absolutely love the car and feel very blessed to have had it as long as i have, and when i do take her out, it is always with a broad smile, not only on my face, but the people on the street love to see her too..on the flip side, I often wrestle with the fact that I really want a FordGT, and If I sold thie '68, I'd get one right now....my wife and kids all say keep the '68

Tom

I own an older car "65 and I, too, drive it with a broad smile on my face and people on the street love to see it, too! You always have choices in life and can do what ever you want to, but I think that with the wife and kids saying to keep the '68, I would listen to them. If I had to choose, I would pick the '68 over the GT any day. Just my opinion.

Was not that funny. kinda mean actually. Nice car i wish i had myself one of those :shift:

No ,,never being mean ,it was a joke ,,as to being old car ,,that car is well worth over $ 100,000 now ,,jokes are fun ,some people get them ,,some don't ,have a nice day ,,respectfully always me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

sweet ride Tom, congrats........maybe you can trailer her to the bash one of these years! :happy feet:

Thanx Michael, I did triailer her to Bash #1, thought it appropriate as SAI & Ford were unveiling the 2008 KR at that event. And won an award with her at the car show!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived