TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Glassback Shelby GT/SC

08SGT/SC

Might be a little high in price, but that's a neat car for sure. Early enough to get the Paxton before the 07's were not allowed to get the Paxton any longer. Paxton, glass roof, that's pretty cool.

That is probably the CDC aftermarket Glass roof I would wager to bet. Still cool.

I think Amy had a glassback one? Anybody remember it was not from Ford, though...

I believe that car came from Ford with the roof installed. A good friend of mine now has it in his collection.

Boy did I ever get lost reading his auction description. My biggest concern is with the following statement, "it would be install by a Paxton Top Tier Installer and Shelby Performance Parts distributor"

What is a Paxton top tier installer? And who put on the GT/SC stripes?

This SGT has not been registered with us and there is no mention of a Paxton install in the build records for 07SGT0175

It looks like a very nice SGT but the seller really needs to back up his claims with factory paperwork. Just buying a Paxton blower from SPP does not make your Shelby a GT/SC model.

Steve

Boy did I ever get lost reading his auction description. My biggest concern is with the following statement, "it would be install by a Paxton Top Tier Installer and Shelby Performance Parts distributor"

This SGT has not been registered with us and there is no mention of a Paxton install in the build records for 07SGT0175

It looks like a very nice SGT but the seller really needs to back up his claims with factory paperwork. Just buying a Paxton blower from SPP does not make your Shelby a GT/SC model.

Steve

Just curious, does the Paxton blower include the Shelby Serial Number on the plate when you buy from SPP versus Paxton?

Steve

+ 1 ON THE ABOVE STATEMENT STEVE , AND LIKE YOU SAID NO PAPERWORK TO BACK THE CLAIMS ? :headscratch:

SCOTTY

Just curious, does the Paxton blower include the Shelby Serial Number on the plate when you buy from SPP versus Paxton?

From what I recall the Paxton blower will only have the Shelby nameplate if its purchased from SPP or installed as part of the GT/SC package from Shelby.

If you purchase a Paxton blower from say Summit Racing or your local speed shop it will not have a Shelby nameplate on it.

Steve

Steve

Good call Steve. I think this "appears" to be a nice car but it is pieced together without Shelby factory paperwork, without registry credits, factory supercharged plates, GT/SC certification sheet and lastly the GT/SC stripes are psuedo crap. This is not the pedigree one would want when purchasing a GT/SC especially with only approximately 100 made.

Good call Steve. I think this "appears" to be a nice car but it is pieced together without Shelby factory paperwork, without registry credits, factory supercharged plates, GT/SC certification sheet and lastly the GT/SC stripes are psuedo crap. This is not the pedigree one would want when purchasing a GT/SC especially with only approximately 100 made.

Those ersatz GT/SC side stripes hurt my eyes... almost as much as the red-painted brake calipers.

BURP.

Jer

its definately an aftermarket CDC glassroof as I have one on my GT500. Since the CDC glass actually sits on top of the edge of the stock roof you will notice plastic moldings on the front, back, and sides that extend all the way down to the hood and trunk. They are there so it doesn't just look like a fat piece of glass sitting on top of your car. The back molding has a built in brake light which is pretty cool. On a factory glass roof the roof is stamped in so the glass sits in nice and flush and theres no added moldings.

its definately an aftermarket CDC glassroof as I have one on my GT500. Since the CDC glass actually sits on top of the edge of the stock roof you will notice plastic moldings on the front, back, and sides that extend all the way down to the hood and trunk. They are there so it doesn't just look like a fat piece of glass sitting on top of your car. The back molding has a built in brake light which is pretty cool. On a factory glass roof the roof is stamped in so the glass sits in nice and flush and theres no added moldings.

Great info there. Thanks for posting. Learned something new :)

Steve

• 1 month later...

Are you guys seeing the wrong font on side stripe? Or is it the crooked part?

There are more clones of the GT/SC so far than any other.

Be nice to get the registry up and running to make it easy to check.

And to get real build data on these cars.

Yup.

See my post above.

Jer

• 1 month later...

Archived