TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dallas Cars and Coffee

I'm going but I cannot stay long. So I likely won't be parking inside the lot. I thought I saw over on the fordgt500.com site that there's a group of folks planning to meet at Norma's cafe on Dallas parkway early Saturday and then going over after breakfast.

I'm going but I cannot stay long. So I likely won't be parking inside the lot. I thought I saw over on the fordgt500.com site that there's a group of folks planning to meet at Norma's cafe on Dallas parkway early Saturday and then going over after breakfast.

I have to leave early also, so I try to park in the front lot by the main entrance. Saw the post on breakfast, not sure if I will make it.

Thanks. You need to make it there next year. I've been going for 10 years now and wouldn't miss it for anything. :drool:

Springer, could you maybe post some notable picts of the trip when you get back?

It was 93 or so by 10:00am. And the humidity.......ugh. I did not arrive until 9:15 but only stayed until around 10:00. I met Richard on the second set of aisles down from the front(where all the Mustangs usually park) and saw his really nice KR.

I was going to go but it was just too hot!!!! Went last month and had a good time walking around looking at the goodies! There were no other vehicles there like mine there and I stood around and shot the bull and answered questions most of the time. Will make it in September hopefully if it is not too hot---plus my vehicle wider than most and is hard to get into some of the spots to the right and left of the main drag into the parking lot. I leave the mustang at home because there are so many there that are tricked out more than mine ever will be it would look kind of stupid just sitting there..

Last month there was a cop parked up the access road just waiting for "Speed Racer" to leave in a hurry and try and get on the tollway! Very surprised he did not get anyone.

Torch Red---Now I wish I had gone even if it was way too hot! Your next to last pic is going to be my next project!!!!!

Boss Hoss 540, what kind of vehicles? SVT mustangs?

To your point of "it would actually look stupid sitting there", I disagree.

I like(and I think others do too) seeing all vehicles from modern stock, slightly modified, tricked out, extreme. Modern muscle, old muscle, etc. You get a little of everything at Cars and Coffee. That's what makes it so cool. (except for the obsessive heat this past Saturday!). :)

Once I heard someone say this about two Shelby's sitting side by side. One was a stock Shelby GT500 and one was a 2007 Shelby GT with some nice wheel modifications but mostly just the good stuff that we all love about SGT's.

"You see this new GT500?....someone just went out and bought this from the dealer. It's not in the same class as this one (the 2007 SGT), it went to Vegas, got the badge, and is in a different type of class".

Boss Hoss 540, would love to meet you sometime too as I see you are also in the Metroplex. I will be at Yellow Rose in Fort Worth this Saturday at 10:00am. I also go to most of the Metroplex shows listed within this site below.

http://www.hotrodhappenings.com/

Stewarbc-----Sounds like a maybe on the show Saturday but I do eat in Fort Worth near TCU every Saturday between 7:00 and 8:00 so if you want to show up breakfast will be on me! When I went to Cofe and Cars last month I took this: cd8cb330.jpg

Stewarbc-----Sounds like a maybe on the show Saturday but I do eat in Fort Worth near TCU every Saturday between 7:00 and 8:00 so if you want to show up breakfast will be on me! When I went to Cofe and Cars last month I took this: cd8cb330.jpg

Look at that friggin' truck!!! Awesome rig. Man, the breakfast will need a raincheck as I won't be over in Fort Worth until the strike of 10:00am. If you are planning on going to Yellow Rose, PM me. Also, let's figure out a few shows to take Mustangs/Truck/other but only when the temps lower. I did the Murphy, TX Country Burger show from 5-9PM last month and boiled. But, it was fun. Was thinking about going to the Cracker Barrel cruise night over in Lewisville with the NTMC and attending some other events on the calendar.

Looking forward to meeting you sometime.....

http://www.ntmc.org/Home/calendar

Thansk for posting this Torch Red Texan. Would love to catch up with you sometime since we are in the Metroplex. Are you going to the Yellow Rose Classic this Saturday and Sunday in Fort Worth?

http://yrcs.ntmc.org/

I can't make it. I work on Saturdays, If I am good and give my wife some lead time she covers for me. Trying to get Her to take her 2002 Thunderbird to some shows. The Kraddick Foundation is having a Benefit Car, Truck and Motorcycle show September 25. Since it is a Sunday show we may take both cars. Will post more on the show next month.

The Yellow Rose is Saturday & Sunday. If you haven't already registered I'm not sure you can still get in the show. I wish I could have entered the SGT but it's my daily driver and I cannot give it up for three days. (Set-up is Friday and you must leave your ride all weekend.)

I'll take a stroll thru there this weekend. If you make it out, make sure to find the Shelby Cobra Association of Texas (SCAT) guys & gals and introduce your self. We welcome all lovers of of cars, not just Ford or Shelby.

Stewarbc--Sounds good and I will let you know if I am going but I doubt it now. May be driving to the ranch in NM to check on some family business this weekend don’t know yet. Wish I could take the Shelby but where I have to go it would not last long lol. That is why I have trucks --- not as much fun on the highway for 9 hours each way but when I get there it is 28 miles to the closest gas station.

Archived