TEAM SHELBY FORUM

6 Foot Trophy!

jtubbs

I just wanted to take a minute to give a semi-public shout out to my wife. :yahoo:

This past weekend (8-9 July), we were in the 2011 Arthirtis Foundation Annual Auto Show, in Dublin, OH.

She entered 07SGT0254 (completely stock, daily driver, original owner). I entered my 70 Mach 1.

There were over 1200 cars of all years, makes, and models (from Model A's to European sportscars). There were 2 other SGTs there.

On the 1st day, she won a 6 foot tall trophy for the Top 100 (there's no 1st, 2nd, etc). :banvictory:

On the 2nd day, the individual models were awarded. She earned an "Award of Excellence" (2nd place) for the Mustang catagory. :banvictory::banvictory:

My 70 Mach 1 didn't earn any awards.

Eventhough we keep the car extremely clean, we were both surprised when she won. Most of the awards go to some truly awesome older cars.

It was memorable to see the shock on her face, when she won.

Now I just need to figure out what to do with a 6 foot trophy. It's sitting in the garage for now. I told her next year we'll enter both cars as "Display Only", because we don't have room for a 2nd trophy.

jtubbs

Wife is 5'0''.

Had to bring it home in my pickup that I brought to haul cooler, canopy, etc.

Sorry no pics available at the moment. Apparently, the .jpg's are over 2MB, and the site only uploads 1.17MB. I guess I'll have to play with it to figure it out (unless somebody wants to assist).

Thanks all.

Wife is 5'0''.

Had to bring it home in my pickup that I brought to haul cooler, canopy, etc.

Sorry no pics available at the moment. Apparently, the .jpg's are over 2MB, and the site only uploads 1.17MB. I guess I'll have to play with it to figure it out (unless somebody wants to assist).

Thanks all.

Try cutting them in half .... the pictures I mean or lowering the resolution.

Open Paint. / Copy picture to paint / Resize( like maybe 75% or 50%) / name and save resized picture. Try to post that picture. If it is still to large, resize again. I am sure there is a better way, but at least that worked for me.

Now what do you think it was that set your car apart from all the others? That was a big show.

Sorry. Been busy with the Mach 1. If this works (I'm not computer savy), here's a couple of pics.

2+2: I think her car shows differently, due to not putting shiny dressing on the hoses and interior. A lot of the cars I see look like somebody slapped baby oil all over them. I usually just wipe down the hoses and interior with a damp cloth. If the hoses need a little more cleaning, I find that hand cleaner works fine (without that greasy look).

Also, have you noticed the air filters on the cars at shows? They are usually pretty dirty. Since the SGT has the open filter in a very noticeable spot, I bought a second filter that is only put on for shows.

jtubbs

post-19948-0-26719100-1312146536_thumb.jpg

post-19948-0-95684800-1312146553_thumb.jpg

post-19948-0-72628400-1312146569_thumb.jpg

post-19948-0-26719100-1312146536_thumb.jpg

post-19948-0-95684800-1312146553_thumb.jpg

post-19948-0-72628400-1312146569_thumb.jpg

Great pictures. Thanks. And those are two great car show tips. I think the second place for all Mustangs had to make you both very happy. Your Mach 1 also looks so nice I am not sure the SGT isn't second place in the family let alone a 1200 car judged show. There is just something about the SGT that all ages young and old like..

Archived