TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Now...I am really frustrated!

Well...my exccitment hit an all time high on June 17 when Roger informed me that my car entered paint on June 3rd and was to go on the lift on June 20. He said just 64 man hours...will be 2-3 weeks or less.

Fast forward to today...July 1st...I sent him another email and now my sales rep Jeremy sends me a reply saying Roger said to update you. Car is out of paint now and will hit the lift next week. Will be another 3-4 weeks.

WTF! Is this for real!!! So...my car sat for over 2 weeks with no work being done???

For those considering the 2012... ask if you can endure this first???

Totaly burnt out. What a way to enter July 4th weekend.

Its all about the process, which I have heard can be painfull but the rewards are very well worth the wait.

I heard that before. Does not justify how cusomters are treated though. Obviously there too busy to give me an accurate account of the build or they don't want to admit the delay. Just sayin...If I was considering a 2012 I would give these experiences serious consideration.

I am sure that SA does not want customers to tell others "Sure I love the car but...the wait and lack of customer service was hard to deal with". This can't be positive.

I'm one of the " '12" guys out here. My base car was to arrive at the Vegas Ford dealer in early May. We are in July. No car. Yeah, I'm preparing myself for the wait. And this is all before it arrives at Shelby, LOL.

Honestly, I don't want my car between October of this year, and April of next year. Since I've given up hope for completion before October, I'm content to wait until next spring. Does suck to wait this long though once you decide you want a car.

I put my deposit down in January of 2010, and got my car in October, and even that wait was brutal.....some others put their deposit same time I did and waited an additional 6 months. :rant2:

I completely understand the anxiety, the frustration, EVERYTHING you guys are going through. On top of which, you find yourself constantly checking yourself with questions like, "is it me?", "Am I being over-sensitive"?, "Am I being unreasonable here"?

Its not you, and we have all been there. SA knows it too. They have to deal with a pretty wide spectrum of emotional responses and questions, and guys like Roger (who have nothing to do with the actual production or delay of cars) have to be the messenger. Its easy to pick out a bad guy, or blame someone for the wait, but I can assure you, Shelby wants ALL the cars done just as bad. What you also have to consider is this- If Shelby has a supplier delay them, does it really benefit anyone making that public? Carry that further to any reason for delay for that matter.

Just remember this- However long it takes, it will all go away as soon as you take delivery. Your first time in the driver's seat is pure heaven...trust me!

I put my deposit down in January of 2010, and got my car in October, and even that wait was brutal.....some others put their deposit same time I did and waited an additional 6 months. :rant2:

I completely understand the anxiety, the frustration, EVERYTHING you guys are going through. On top of which, you find yourself constantly checking yourself with questions like, "is it me?", "Am I being over-sensitive"?, "Am I being unreasonable here"?

Its not you, and we have all been there. SA knows it too. They have to deal with a pretty wide spectrum of emotional responses and questions, and guys like Roger (who have nothing to do with the actual production or delay of cars) have to be the messenger. Its easy to pick out a bad guy, or blame someone for the wait, but I can assure you, Shelby wants ALL the cars done just as bad. What you also have to consider is this- If Shelby has a supplier delay them, does it really benefit anyone making that public? Carry that further to any reason for delay for that matter.

Just remember this- However long it takes, it will all go away as soon as you take delivery. Your first time in the driver's seat is pure heaven...trust me!

Great post Warren.......... :rockon: . Hang in there guys and remember, you'll soon have a fantastic machine to enjoy.

Not to make lite of your wait...........................but try doing a CSX Cobra. Now that's the a wait of death :ohsnap:

Well...my exccitment hit an all time high on June 17 when Roger informed me that my car entered paint on June 3rd and was to go on the lift on June 20. He said just 64 man hours...will be 2-3 weeks or less.

Fast forward to today...July 1st...I sent him another email and now my sales rep Jeremy sends me a reply saying Roger said to update you. Car is out of paint now and will hit the lift next week. Will be another 3-4 weeks.

WTF! Is this for real!!! So...my car sat for over 2 weeks with no work being done???

For those considering the 2012... ask if you can endure this first???

Totaly burnt out. What a way to enter July 4th weekend.

Interesting.......as I recall the conversation was that the vehicle in question enterd paint on June 3rd. and there was no other updated information. A follow up call was made to you after we checked with production and you were informed that the car was on the production floor.

Production told us it was to be on a lift within days. Apparently they were off in their estimation. As I was in meetings most of the week, I had your sales rep. contact you to provide an update at your request. They provided the answer you recieved. Your specific vehicle was targeted for completion on June 30th. It did not happen.

Upon further checking, and after everyone left for the holiday weekend, I personally walked to production to see the vehicle on the lift. Body parts, final fit and finish, road test and final detail remain. We have production issues we deal with every day. Some we are not aware of until a deadline is missed.

Example: Tires, were you aware that there is a "sell by" date on tires? That when they reach that date they must be destroyed? I was not. That happened, the shipment was moved out 1.5 weeks and delayed 10 vehicles, which were completed other than tires and wheels, from being delivered. We found out only when the shipment date was missed and we called to find out where our tires were. In that state, picture 10 lifts idle causing the next 10 cars to sit. If the car had a rear brake upgrade, 85% have chosen this option, only a Shelby forged or Super Shake wheel will fit. While we have spare non-sellabe wheels around, we do not have 10 sets. Some lifts remained idle. We adapt and move staff to complete pre-assembly so when parts do arrive we can expidite the process and try to make up for lost productivity. In the end you never really catch up. You in essence, shorten the delay.

Speaking of rear brakes, this also happened the prior week, delaying production shorting the order 12 sets. How did we find out, only 3 sets showed.

We have come a long way from the inception of this project to producing an average of 41 cars per month for the last 3 months. Being a hand built, one off, custom vehicle, which they are, this is a huge accomplishment. Most of our production delays, which happen evey week, are becoming transparent to the consumer.

Our last Shelby "Speed Alert", news letter, had the latest production numbers and anticipated date of completion for the 45th anniversay 2011 model run as the end of August first week of September. That is still the target and at the current rate of completion, should be met. We still have, as of today, 15 completed GT 350's awaiting pick up.

On another note, we delivered 21completed vehicles this week to very happy customers across the country.

While we wish we could have a specific completion date on every car, you will see it is almost impossible and most times out of our control. We do our best to provide accurate information. We have a very dedicated team of employees who work very hard to complete your vehicles. We have moved from a 4 day a week, 10 hr day, production schedule to a 5 day a week production schedule. This change allowed a mre efficent production flow and went into effect some time ago. We have added staff and equipment. But in the end you must rely on parts to build the cars. One little glitch and you see what happens. Even with the best of back up plans. We are confident you will be very pleased with the end result.

Roger

If you need someone to talk you down off the ledge I will PM you my phone #....I feel your pain and frustration. Please believe everyone here stating you will forget about it once you have your car.

My wait from my initial deposit was approximately one year. ( This is not so today)

I can confidently tell you after just visiting SA on Tuesday that they have a bunch of mechanics working on the 2011 GT350’s. I viewed this with my own eyes.

Hang in there and PM me if you need a side bar!

If you need someone to talk you down off the ledge I will PM you my phone #....I feel your pain and frustration. Please believe everyone here stating you will forget about it once you have your car.

My wait from my initial deposit was approximately one year. ( This is not so today)

I can confidently tell you after just visiting SA on Tuesday that they have a bunch of mechanics working on the 2011 GT350’s. I viewed this with my own eyes.

Hang in there and PM me if you need a side bar!

Frank,

Sorry I missed you. I was runing between meetings.

Roger

Interesting.......as I recall the conversation was that the vehicle in question enterd paint on June 3rd. and there was no other updated information. A follow up call was made to you after we checked with production and you were informed that the car was on the production floor.

Production told us it was to be on a lift within days. Apparently they were off in their estimation. As I was in meetings most of the week, I had your sales rep. contact you to provide an update at your request. They provided the answer you recieved. Your specific vehicle was targeted for completion on June 30th. It did not happen.

Upon further checking, and after everyone left for the holiday weekend, I personally walked to production to see the vehicle on the lift. Body parts, final fit and finish, road test and final detail remain. We have production issues we deal with every day. Some we are not aware of until a deadline is missed.

Example: Tires, were you aware that there is a "sell by" date on tires? That when they reach that date they must be destroyed? I was not. That happened, the shipment was moved out 1.5 weeks and delayed 10 vehicles, which were completed other than tires and wheels, from being delivered. We found out only when the shipment date was missed and we called to find out where our tires were. In that state, picture 10 lifts idle causing the next 10 cars to sit. If the car had a rear brake upgrade, 85% have chosen this option, only a Shelby forged or Super Shake wheel will fit. While we have spare non-sellabe wheels around, we do not have 10 sets. Some lifts remained idle. We adapt and move staff to complete pre-assembly so when parts do arrive we can expidite the process and try to make up for lost productivity. In the end you never really catch up. You in essence, shorten the delay.

Speaking of rear brakes, this also happened the prior week, delaying production shorting the order 12 sets. How did we find out, only 3 sets showed.

We have come a long way from the inception of this project to producing an average of 41 cars per month for the last 3 months. Being a hand built, one off, custom vehicle, which they are, this is a huge accomplishment. Most of our production delays, which happen evey week, are becoming transparent to the consumer.

Our last Shelby "Speed Alert", news letter, had the latest production numbers and anticipated date of completion for the 45th anniversay 2011 model run as the end of August first week of September. That is still the target and at the current rate of completion, should be met. We still have, as of today, 15 completed GT 350's awaiting pick up.

On another note, we delivered 21completed vehicles this week to very happy customers across the country.

While we wish we could have a specific completion date on every car, you will see it is almost impossible and most times out of our control. We do our best to provide accurate information. We have a very dedicated team of employees who work very hard to complete your vehicles. We have moved from a 4 day a week, 10 hr day, production schedule to a 5 day a week production schedule. This change allowed a mre efficent production flow and went into effect some time ago. We have added staff and equipment. But in the end you must rely on parts to build the cars. One little glitch and you see what happens. Even with the best of back up plans. We are confident you will be very pleased with the end result.

Roger

Roger,

Thanks for getting beack to me. I think it was a communication issue. My sales rep sent me an email saying car is out of paint and it will go on the lift next week. Then it will be 3-4 weeks. You can imagine that after your email to me on June 17 saying almost the same thing (except yours said 2-3 wks, 64 man hours) could send me into a rage? I will say that my sales rep tends to pad the expectations and be very vague which is frustrating but understandible. That's why I sent you the email because you offered other TS members more detailed info that my sales rep is unwilling to do.

Even though the news is not what I hoped for your explanation above is appreciated. It just seemed that production has picked up a great deal from the reports on this site and you have stated a while back that there are no supplier delays. Now I understand based on your feedback above. I was concerened that my car was just sitting and not put on the lift.

Also, I was trying to set up a transport company to pick up as soon as it's done so I don't have to wait an additional week just for pick up. It would be great if there was some sort of communication to me when it goes into inspection phase so I can call the transport company and see if they can plan their weekly pickup at SA in line with my "expected" completion date?

Thanks for getting back to me.

Will

Roger

Roger,

Just to be accurate....this was the communication you replied to me on June 17:

Will,

Car entered paint shop on 6/3, was brought into the production facility today. Will hit the lift next week. Approximately 64 man hours to complete. 2-3 weeks or sooner and you will be getting a call.

It appears you will have plenty of Hot July and August nights to cruise!

Hope this helps.

Roger Sorel

Director/Sales/Marketing/Customer Service

Shelby American Inc.

6755 Speedway Blvd., Las Vegas, Nevada, 89115 | Tel: 702.942.7325 Fax: 702.952.1021

BUILD YOUR DREAM! http://shelbyamerican.com/

JOIN OUR FAMILY. http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/

Frank,

Sorry I missed you. I was runing between meetings.

Roger

No problem Roger this just gives me an excuse to come out to Vegas again.:hysterical: I know Tuesdays are a busy day for you. I will be in touch.

Roger,

Thanks for getting beack to me. I think it was a communication issue. My sales rep sent me an email saying car is out of paint and it will go on the lift next week. Then it will be 3-4 weeks. You can imagine that after your email to me on June 17 saying almost the same thing (except yours said 2-3 wks, 64 man hours) could send me into a rage? I will say that my sales rep tends to pad the expectations and be very vague which is frustrating but understandible. That's why I sent you the email because you offered other TS members more detailed info that my sales rep is unwilling to do.

Even though the news is not what I hoped for your explanation above is appreciated. It just seemed that production has picked up a great deal from the reports on this site and you have stated a while back that there are no supplier delays. Now I understand based on your feedback above. I was concerened that my car was just sitting and not put on the lift.

Also, I was trying to set up a transport company to pick up as soon as it's done so I don't have to wait an additional week just for pick up. It would be great if there was some sort of communication to me when it goes into inspection phase so I can call the transport company and see if they can plan their weekly pickup at SA in line with my "expected" completion date?

Thanks for getting back to me.

Will

I will have Jeremy call you after the test drive inspection That sould help in your planning.

Roger

Archived