TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford Racing Intake Manifold

Does anyone have the Ford Racing Manifold installed on their 4.6 3valve motor? If so does it replace the plates with the butterfly valves? Does it fit under the strut tower brace? I was thinking about adding it and the Anderson Power pipe set up they have for the Paxton supercharger setup. Looks like it would flow a bunch of air over the stock Paxton air intake setup. Thoughts?

The FR intake manifold is supposedly good to 35 lbs of pressure, and even then, Ford says the gaskets will blow out before the manifold does. It's made of the same stuff the stock intake is, so I really won't worry about street boost levels, or anything below 20 lbs. The runners are approx. 9.5" in length compared to the stock runners which are 14" in length. The plenum itself is slightly larger on the FR piece, but I cannot say for certain if it will contact the strut brace.

Yes, it replaces the charge motion control plates. No it will not fit under the OE strut brace without some modification; lowering the motor, etc.

The FRPP intake with the Paxton and an air to air intercooler with long tubes and cams is the set-up I'm contemplating.

It also wont directly fit a 07-09 paxton/vortech setup car..... Coolant thermo housing hits the underside of the FRPP manifold. It will require some mod to make it work...

All I did was slot the holes in the housing and it will work without the spacer that Paxton supplies.

Edit: Also for the air filter, I just got one from Autozone and slapped it right on the blower. No pipe needed.

If you put the air filter right on the blower where is the mass air sensor at??

All I did was slot the holes in the housing and it will work without the spacer that Paxton supplies.

Edit: Also for the air filter, I just got one from Autozone and slapped it right on the blower. No pipe needed.

I have it on mine. I love they way it looks. It is unfortunate that it doesn't fit with the brace. It really adds power and torque when you are over 4,000 rpm. Seems like a different engine. Mine is with the 60 mm Ford Racing throttle body, Ford Racing cams, Ford Racing shorty headers, MagnaFlow high flow cats/mid pipe and Ford Racing FR500 exhaust. A few pictures attached.

post-10977-0-84041400-1309445205_thumb.jpg

If you put the air filter right on the blower where is the mass air sensor at??

Ahah good question lol. I actually have a blow through setup so my air sensor is located on the middle of the up pipe that connects to the throttle body.

What kind of horse power are you getting out of this setup?

I have it on mine. I love they way it looks. It is unfortunate that it doesn't fit with the brace. It really adds power and torque when you are over 4,000 rpm. Seems like a different engine. Mine is with the 60 mm Ford Racing throttle body, Ford Racing cams, Ford Racing shorty headers, MagnaFlow high flow cats/mid pipe and Ford Racing FR500 exhaust. A few pictures attached.

Got any pictures of that setup? Just curious how it looks.

Thanks,

Ahah good question lol. I actually have a blow through setup so my air sensor is located on the middle of the up pipe that connects to the throttle body.

Whadda mean doesn't fit with the brace ?

web.jpg

Just need BBR Adjustable motor mounts!

Andrew

Did or do you have any oil pan clearance problems? How close is it to the steering arm? I think thats what it is called!

Whadda mean doesn't fit with the brace ?

web.jpg

Just need BBR Adjustable motor mounts!

Andrew

Did or do you have any oil pan clearance problems? How close is it to the steering arm? I think thats what it is called!

No oil pan issues and Long Tubes's are very very close to the steering arm stock exhaust manifolds would be fine

Andrew

Nice! :drool:

Very Nice !!

Nice set up !! Now if you had to take it a part for any reason how long would it take to pull the supercharger???

Thanks, it was alot of blood sweat and tears lol. I've pulled the SC/bracket so many times now that I can do it in about an hour. The mounting bolts are extremely hard to get to. Ratcheting wrenches help out tremendously but still very difficult. I had to improvise on several things including relocating the oil filter. I hope I never have to take it off again.

Thanks, it was alot of blood sweat and tears lol. I've pulled the SC/bracket so many times now that I can do it in about an hour. The mounting bolts are extremely hard to get to. Ratcheting wrenches help out tremendously but still very difficult. I had to improvise on several things including relocating the oil filter. I hope I never have to take it off again.

The worst part is getting the spacers correct especially the tiny one by the block! And there's another worst part; getting the belt routed correctly ! I guess it's all tough. :)

Archived