TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Ford Mustang set for world debut!

mrfarmdog

Ford to bring legendary muscle car to UK showrooms for first time, dealers already being briefed ahead of its arrival

car_photo_443788_7.jpg

A big slice of America is crossing the Atlantic: the Mustang is heading to UK showrooms, Auto Express can reveal. To coincide with the muscle car’s 50th anniversary in 2014, Ford will launch it across the world, and in right-hand drive for the first time.

Read more: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/268678/new_ford_mustang_set_for_world_debut.html#ixzz1OyYXVINF

I do not know anything about British culture (only been there twice), but it seems to me that they really aren't into/don't get the muscle car thing.

+ 1 on the Camaro

Ford to bring legendary muscle car to UK showrooms for first time, dealers already being briefed ahead of its arrival.

A big slice of America is crossing the Atlantic: the Mustang is heading to UK showrooms, Auto Express can reveal. To coincide with the muscle car's 50th anniversary in 2014, Ford will launch it across the world, and in right-hand drive for the first time.

Read more: http://www.autoexpre...l#ixzz1OyYXVINF

Quoting from the article...

"Power will come from a new 2.5-litre four-cylinder EcoBoost turbo with around 300bhp, while a range-topping 500bhp 5.4-litre V8 will be available, too."

Of course this is pure speculation on my part, but it sounds like an SVT variant of the Mustang will still be around. The base model would likely be the 2.5L with the GT being the 5.0L. This leaves the 5.4L for the SVT version; however a more important question is whether the 5.4L for 2014 is going in an SVT only model or will the Shelby GT500 continue for 2014?

-Pockdog

Quoting from the article...

"Power will come from a new 2.5-litre four-cylinder EcoBoost turbo with around 300bhp, while a range-topping 500bhp 5.4-litre V8 will be available, too."

Of course this is pure speculation on my part, but it sounds like an SVT variant of the Mustang will still be around. The base model would likely be the 2.5L with the GT being the 5.0L. This leaves the 5.4L for the SVT version; however a more important question is whether the 5.4L for 2014 is going in an SVT only model or will the Shelby GT500 continue for 2014?

-Pockdog

Very much too Camaro-ish. Besides, we all pretty much know that the next range topper will be the 5.8, and not a 5.4 engine in the GT500. It does get me to wondering if Ford is working on a N/A 5.8 to put into a follow up to the 2012/2013 Boss 302, say...a Boss 351?

• 2 weeks later...

I hope and pray that this is not the new mustang...Its UGLY :slapfight: Ok I did say that.... yes I did and I will say it again...Its UGLY....I do not know what ford is doing to please who by designing the mustang to look like that CMON!! Over seas sales :slapfight: European style :barf: ...... FORD don't destroy the Mustang name by down sizeing it...... yes dear be right there :angry22: The best looking mustangs are from 2005-2009 period...Not sure what kind of nuts and bolts are running ford but i can see a down fall for the Mustang die hards with the new 2014 mustang look at it..the back end the sides Cmon its even shorter...sorry the days of the muscle mustangs cars as we know it are over... just to maybe bring in the younger crowd.....Maybe a mustang 2 will come out...Its sad..i got o go :barf: again.....

I hope and pray that this is not the new mustang...Its UGLY :slapfight: Ok I did say that.... yes I did and I will say it again...Its UGLY....I do not know what ford is doing to please who by designing the mustang to look like that CMON!! Over seas sales :slapfight: European style :barf: ...... FORD don't destroy the Mustang name by down sizeing it...... yes dear be right there :angry22: The best looking mustangs are from 2005-2009 period...Not sure what kind of nuts and bolts are running ford but i can see a down fall for the Mustang die hards with the new 2014 mustang look at it..the back end the sides Cmon its even shorter...sorry the days of the muscle mustangs cars as we know it are over... just to maybe bring in the younger crowd.....Maybe a mustang 2 will come out...Its sad..i got o go :barf: again.....

I have to disagree. I doubt the model will be as rendered. I think there is a good chance the car will be based on this. Lighter will be a given. IRS, I would not count that in yet. It adds significant weight. As far as downsizing, I was told by a reliable source, dont worry about a small Mustang, it aint happening.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to disagree. I doubt the model will be as rendered. I think there is a good chance the car will be based on this. Lighter will be a given. IRS, I would not count that in yet. It adds significant weight. As far as downsizing, I was told by a reliable source, dont worry about a small Mustang, it aint happening.

:happy feet: :happy feet:

A 71-73 Style? As some one mentioned before, I think it would be cool to bring back the Mach 1 and the Boss 351 name and engine. I use to own a 72. I grew to like that big 1st gen flatback,then I sold it. I am glad I did not own a gun back then or I would have shot my self for letting it go. I will not let go of my current 65 fastback. Lets just say I learned my lesson. And the fact that I do not own a gun nor want to shoot myself :hysterical:

Very much too Camaro-ish. Besides, we all pretty much know that the next range topper will be the 5.8, and not a 5.4 engine in the GT500. It does get me to wondering if Ford is working on a N/A 5.8 to put into a follow up to the 2012/2013 Boss 302, say...a Boss 351?

I have heard rumors of that but, I cant get anything concrete.

The 71/ 72s are really comming into there own

id like to see an Iacocca rear end on the current front end? cant wait to see the new body. i love the current front but still cant get into the rear. i get the whole less drag and all but i still love my girls fat rear

19289970.jpeg

2012-ford-mustang-gt-5-0_460x0w.jpg

and just for fun...

2012-ford-mustang-picss.jpg

id like to see an Iacocca rear end on the current front end? cant wait to see the new body. i love the current front but still cant get into the rear. i get the whole less drag and all but i still love my girls fat rear

19289970.jpeg

2012-ford-mustang-gt-5-0_460x0w.jpg

and just for fun...

2012-ford-mustang-picss.jpg

Love the Iaccoca rear end - dislike the Audi style blue front clip.

post-4913-0-52275000-1310949088_thumb.jpg

post-4913-0-52275000-1310949088_thumb.jpg

Archived