TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rebodied 2007 SGT on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustang-/310316436557?_trksid=p4506.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D3%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D115764568609232117

Look at this one I thought I done a lot to mine but this kinda doesnt even look like a SGT. But it is a beautiful car I mean I love the look of the car...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustang-/310316436557?_trksid=p4506.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D3%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D115764568609232117

Look at this one I thought I done a lot to mine but this kinda doesnt even look like a SGT. But it is a beautiful car I mean I love the look of the car...

Fred, that's the ultra rare Shelby GT-E, for Eleanor. LOL. Just kidding. It looks alright to me, but that rear ducktail is way too tall. I still don't think it's a Shelby GT, even to begin with.

Here's is a SGT that was converted to the Eleanor look. Not really sure how great it is, but it's unique.

post-24817-0-21206500-1306103189_thumb.jpg

post-24817-0-21206500-1306103189_thumb.jpg

The eBay seller is lying, that car is NOT a Shelby GT.

Must be one busy guy to have OVER 100 First Place Trophy wins in just three years :finger:

Steve

The eBay seller is lying, that car is NOT a Shelby GT.

Must be one busy guy to have OVER 100 First Place Trophy wins in just three years :finger:

Steve

No kidding - that's about one trophy every ten days!!!! Must be a professional car show lawn chair jockey!!! :headscratch:

Well I kept looking at I didnt know if maybe it was or if he had just changed it so much you couldnt tell.

So it really is not a SGT that has just been modified that much just a GT basically?

It could be an SGT, someone needs to run the VIN thru the registry. I would assume it is not simply because the CSM# is never shown or referenced. In fact, there no dash plaque.

I'm sure Steve did which is why he is saying that the seller is lying.

Nice little tidbit by the seller:

"The seller shall not be responsible for the correct description, authenticity, genuineness, or defects herein, and makes no warranty in connection therewith."

Guys why do people do this????

I understand putting a new twist on your car a new look..

Let us know what he says on the CSM #

I mean I have the powdercoated supersnake wheels and hood but I dont claim to have a Supersnake..

I say I have a Shelby SGT and I always say I think the SGT is the best choice honestly. I mean better suspension add a SC and you got a better handling faster car then the GT500.. Thats just my opinion though..

Sorry got off topic..lol

I was thinking about the initial car. Why not just build an Eleanor? Like a modern retro car? I'd even be okay with the GT500 snakes, but leave off any marking or names. Who knows why people do the things they do. I once saw Shelby badges on a V6 pony car.

Mine came with the Snakes on it when I bought it but they dont bother me really I like the look of them.. Plus unless its a Shelby owner nobody even knows what they are I mean half the people think a Cobra is Shelby or a Supersnake so if I like the look I dont mind.

There is absolutly nothing wrong with putting Shelby badging on a non-Shelby Mustang (or any car for that matter.) Doing so only helps spread the Shelby brand, which is a good thing and why Shelby sells these items to the public and not just Shelby owners. The problem comes when someone uses those badges to misrepresent their car as the real deal. And if a potential buyer does not do their homework when buying what they think is a collector car and they are taken advantage of then they are as much to blame.

I've said before that I personally have no issues with clones/tributes because the more there are the more likely the value of our cars increase. No one is going to clone a car if the really deal is not valuable.

There is absolutly nothing wrong with putting Shelby badging on a non-Shelby Mustang (or any car for that matter.) Doing so only helps spread the Shelby brand, which is a good thing and why Shelby sells these items to the public and not just Shelby owners. The problem comes when someone uses those badges to misrepresent their car as the real deal. And if a potential buyer does not do their homework when buying what they think is a collector car and they are taken advantage of then they are as much to blame.

I've said before that I personally have no issues with clones/tributes because the more there are the more likely the value of our cars increase. No one is going to clone a car if the really deal is not valuable.

Very good point I agree with that..

great post

I've said before that I personally have no issues with clones/tributes because the more there are the more likely the value of our cars increase. No one is going to clone a car if the real deal is not valuable.

I'd add my agreement to the above as well.

All we have to do is look to all the AC Cobra Kit cars that are running around. At least for me the first question I ask myself is "is it a real on or a replica" No matter which it is, the car is awesome and it is out on the street being driven and showing the public what Shelby has done to make the ordinary drive extra-ordinary.

CC

My bad, I wasn't paying enough attention to Steve's post to realize it was him.

Just for giggles I sent the seller a note asking for the CSM or photos of the plaques.

I received a response from the seller. I was instructed to contact the owner 'Frank' and was provided an phone number. If someone wants to call Frank the 1st to send me a DM can have the number. It doest feel right posting it on the interwebs for all.

I was thinking about the initial car. Why not just build an Eleanor? Like a modern retro car? I'd even be okay with the GT500 snakes, but leave off any marking or names. Who knows why people do the things they do. I once saw Shelby badges on a V6 pony car.

Dude why not just buy a 944 Turbo!!!! happy%20feet.gif

Correct me if I am wrong but the owner placed a SHELBY VIN on another mustang. Is that correct? If so neither the State of Ohio or any other state could care less about that issue. It would only be fraud if he placed the original vin on another mustang. Or am I missing something here?

Huh?

SocalSGT, the state of Ohio seems to allow extensive rebuilding and reissuing of VINs on cars. I don't think people have an issue reusing the Mustang VIN. I think the issue is from reusing the VIN along with the CSM number.

Correct me if I am wrong but the owner placed a SHELBY VIN on another mustang. Is that correct? If so neither the State of Ohio or any other state could care less about that issue. It would only be fraud if he placed the original vin on another mustang. Or am I missing something here?

The owner swapped the 17 digit Ford Mustang VIN number that came from a wrecked 2007 Shelby GT on to another Ford Mustang.

This secondary Ford Mustang was not built with the Shelby upfitters package, never was shipped to Shelby Auto's and never received the Shelby GT upgrade from SAI although it now wears the 17 digit VIN number of a car that did.

Steve

IMHO, it is no longer a Shelby if it has been rebodied. I do believe that it still would be a Shelby if it was in a wreck and you just were replacing body panels or parts even if it was totaled out and then rebuilt , but not rebodied and the vin # moved to a different car.

Scotty

I think you missed my joke...I feel the "rebodied" car is about as cool as a 944 Turbo....cool for some but nothing that will ever be on my radar...:hysterical:

I am sure the registry will note this cars history no biggie....

I think you missed my joke...I feel the "rebodied" car is about as cool as a 944 Turbo....cool for some but nothing that will ever be on my radar...:hysterical:

I am sure the registry will note this cars history no biggie....

Well yes and no to the no biggie part. Yes the registry now reflects this cars history but up until a few days ago we had no knowledge about this rebodied car. If someone had called the registry a week ago we would have verified that the VIN & CSM numbers do match a car that had gone thru the Shelby GT conversion. For most buyers that would be enough for them to make the purchase.

Steve

Well yes and no to the no biggie part. Yes the registry now reflects this cars history but up until a few days ago we had no knowledge about this rebodied car. If someone had called the registry a week ago we would have verified that the VIN & CSM numbers do match a car that had gone thru the Shelby GT conversion. For most buyers that would be enough for them to make the purchase.

Steve

I would assume the Ohio Title states it's a reassigned VIN therefor any buyer would know it's history, at the very least, at the time it changed hands.

Archived