TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Any orders on the GTS?

SWEDEMAN

I took a ton a photos of the 2012 GTS that was at Tulsa last year I will find them and upload them to this thread. The GTS will be another car like the Terlingua where when its too late everybody will wish that they had one converted......I really wish I had bought a Terlingua when I had a chance.

I would love to see all the pics of it! The publicity release shots just don't do it for me.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tpo96 - You have not been around here for that long, everybody here has an opinion and it is NOT a personal attack. We all voice our concerns, likes, dislikes and such...but the bottom line is it is your coin buy what you want.

Swede

Swede, I have been around here (reading, not necessarily posting) for a long time. And I agree with

your point about everyone's opinion is welcome, whether it agrees or disagrees with the majority. I just

took your part about asking a "girlfriend" as a bit personal and not relevant to the subject. But if I

am wrong about that, then I do take it back. But I still stand by the apples-to-apples comparison. And

I agree 100% with you about everyone's right to spend as s/he chooses.

-Tom

Tjys, when are they saying they will have your car on the line? I am really interest to see how long it actually takes for the conversion. I was told about a month. I plan to have mine done come this summer and hope that it doesn't take that long due to it being my daily driver. Atleast during the summer, if it does take that long I have a motorcycle. Are you doing a lot of options from SA on your conversion, or keeping it to the basic package?

If only we could order a GTS and have a BOSS engine in it.......now thats a good idea.

+1

Of course you could send the car to the speed shop, keep in NA, but add quite a few of the Boss' Ford Racing mods but then that just jacks the price up even more. ugh...

Recon, my convertible is getting the GT500 spoiler added courtesy of Manny Galvan at Gaudin Ford. Once that is completed (I assume this week) then the car is off to Shelby American. I was told by Jeremy Roberts, Operations, that it takes roughly 30 days to complete the conversion. I had no date as to when the car would make it to the line but I sent a note to Jeremy yesterday asking for specifics. I'm just doing the basic package and the 19" tire/wheel conversion for an additional $2K. I'm still trying to convince my wife to do the SC package but it's falling on deaf ears. Maybe I'll surprise her and get it done (for myself of course) for her return from Afghanistan! BTW, do you post on AFM too?

I took my GT500 to a buddies house today. He didn't realize I had one. Him and the neighbor were all over the car. I told them I was getting a V6 GTS for my wife and the neighbor about crapped. I guess his wife and kids are heavy into Mustangs and he wanted details ... which I filled him in on. He said he was looking forward to seeing the car upon completion.

Nordic, thanks for the pics!! I'm acting like a kid just waiting to get this car. This all takes me back to my HS days. I swore that one day I would own a Shelby and now I may have two!

More info on what has been done with GTS orders. When I stated before that 4 GTSs had been done I didn't realize that only 4 V6 GTSs have been done. 7 5.0 GTSs have been done with additional orders coming in for both V6 and 5.0 cars. Looks like Shelby is starting to get busy with GTS builds.

More info on what has been done with GTS orders. When I stated before that 4 GTSs had been done I didn't realize that only 4 V6 GTSs have been done. 7 5.0 GTSs have been

done with additional orders coming in for both V6 and 5.0 cars. Looks like Shelby is starting to get busy with GTS builds.

Now that is great to hear! Thanks for the info! I'm hoping we can start hearing updates like this from SA here on the forums. Keeps me nice and excited about the product.

50th Edition??? I haven't see that advertised anywhere and believe me, I've been poring over these pages. I'm either missing it or you're just making this up!!! :) Would you happen to have a link??
At the top of the main page, under the Team Shelby tab.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/72245-new-shelbys-unveiled/

At the top of the main page, under the Team Shelby tab.

http://www.teamshelb...elbys-unveiled/

Just unveiled at the Detroit auto show. They are really nice cars. A little to rich for my blood ($29,000 package). My only chance will be buying one used in about three years. This will become a highly collectable car. Love the white/gold with chrome wheels.

And the price for the 50th Ann GTS to covert went up to $30,000 and thats just for the conversion so your looking at $85,000 plus to get a 50th Anniversary GTS

I don't think that's correct. According to the brochure, it's $19995 (v6) or $24995 (v8) plus donor and options.

I don't think that's correct. According to the brochure, it's $19995 (v6) or $24995 (v8) plus donor and options.

Correct, you should be able to do a v6 for around $45K and a 5.0 for around $55K. Now if you start adding options..........

Acually, I just found a brand new 2012 black 5.0, pretty base model, for $25,900, so it is possible to get into a V-8 50th for around $51K, but then again, who would want a base no optioned 50th GTS. Then again.......

Take a look at the updated GTS flier. I would hardly call it "No Option". It comes standard with many items on SGT owners whishlist (Deepdraw hood, Wilwood brakes, caster/camber plates, Borla exhaust, wheels & tires.)

It looks to me that the 50th GTS is ~$5K premium over an equally equiped GTS. And, I assume the stripes are painted on the 50th which isn't an option with the standard GTS. Add in the price for that and you looking at only a few grand differance between the two.

Take a look at the updated GTS flier. I would hardly call it "No Option". It comes standard with many items on SGT owners whishlist (Deepdraw hood, Wilwood brakes, caster/camber plates, Borla exhaust, wheels & tires.)

It looks to me that the 50th GTS is ~$5K premium over an equally equiped GTS. And, I assume the stripes are painted on the 50th which isn't an option with the standard GTS. Add in the price for that and you looking at only a few grand differance between the two.

I was talking more about a no optioned donor car with out electric seats, lighting package, etc. The 50th option package is awesome to start with no doubt! Also notice the museum delivery. I think there are plenty of standards on the 50th that more then plenty make up for the additional price. Not sure that I'd be able to let it leave without an SC either. So that would be the additional on the 50th package that I would want.

I was just trying to calculate the least expensive way that you can get out the door with a V8 50th. Definitely can get a awesome 50th for a somewhat reasonable price comparatively to the GT350. More in reach for some of us. All are incredible for sure!

I'm pretty sure the stripes are still vinyl if my memory is working correctly.

So that would make a 2012 GTS without a SC including the base GT 5.0 donor car total @ approx $58K+/- correct and $65K respectively with a SC? I like the package but still would go with a GT350 for that kind of coin as the base GT350 from what I understand can be had for abolut the same number. This is not with the 50th Anniversary though.

I'm pretty sure the stripes are still vinyl if my memory is working correctly.

I'm pretty sure I read in one of the threads where Roger stated the stripes for the Anniversary cars were painted, but I could be making that up.

And the price for the 50th Ann GTS to covert went up to $30,000 and thats just for the conversion so your looking at $85,000 plus to get a 50th Anniversary GTS

OOPS my math was off by about $30,000 I was adding the $60,000 price tag for a GT350 Sorry

Sorry I was wrong.... but the price for conversion on the 50th GTS is $30,000 plus the car so that would make it around $55,000 to $60,000 not $85,000 like I mentioned earlier.

Sorry I was wrong.... but the price for conversion on the 50th GTS is $30,000 plus the car so that would make it around $55,000 to $60,000 not $85,000 like I mentioned earlier.

Actually Nordic, according to the brochure, the pricing for the v-6 and v-8 are as swa737 states above. $19,995 for the v-6 and $24,995 for the v-8. See the brochure on this page:

http://www.shelby50th.com/50thgts.asp

I love both colors of the 50th Anniversary models, but since I have a grabber blue one I guess no 50 for me! Thats okay though, I save a few bones and keep this sweet blue. Glad to see all the interest on the GTS boards with some orders in place now and the buzz of the 50th ann. models!

I want a 94 RS America in Blue.

If I did not have my SGT I would have a hard time picking a new Shelby, the 500 is cool the GTS is cool the 350 is cool. The Boss is cool, is there any 800hp 5.0 Bosses out ther thats way over the top power.

Maybe on the next body redesign I will pick up a new one...

Tjys-I think you made a great choice! SC is cool, my two cents, go for it!

Archived