TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Any orders on the GTS?

SWEDEMAN

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I started the other thread about any orders on the SGTS... I'm curious if the folks who have placed orders are just not members of TS? I would love to see more pics of options on the car, or even a build your own option on the SA page.

YES! I just played around with the build your own on the main site and I must say... seeing it in different colors and wheel options has me more interested. The supercharged V6 is tempting... 475 hp is nothing to scoff at and being lighter might be fun to run against a new BOSS for a similar price!

• 5 months later...

I've ordered. I'm sending an 11 Race Red Convertible, Automatic, V6. I've chosen black matte stripes and black wheels. I'm still on the fence about the SC. I'm just having reservations about the price. It's not rational, I know, but I'm just out to lunch on the SC for some reason.

YES! I just played around with the build your own on the main site and I must say... seeing it in different colors and wheel options has me more interested. The supercharged V6 is tempting... 475 hp is nothing to scoff at and being lighter might be fun to run against a new BOSS for a similar price!

It would be pretty embrassing if the V6 GTS beat a Boss....I would love to see the results. I think the Boss is Boss for a reason

Hmmm, interesting comment. I wonder if a V6 GTS/SC would take a boss? Hmmmm ... this could be the arguement for getting a SC installed. Anyone have numbers on this kind of scenerio??

After you get done with comparing HP, torque, weight, etc., I think the most important factor in the end will be the skill of the driver.

I think the GTS is an awesome car.

The only thing a V6 GTS/SC has over a Boss is the name Shelby on it. It will take more than the skill of the driver to kick butt on a Boss 5.0 Road Runner which is capable of 15 PSI at 800+ HP and proven reliable @ 8400 RPM. The Boss is still the best bang for the buck. I have no skills as a race driver and had no problem putting down a skilled driver with a 5.0 S/C Roush. However, the GTS is a great entry level Shelby.

There is no way on God's Green Earth that aGTS even with an SC could even be comparable to the BOSS 302. Nordic...either I misunderstood your post or your smoking something that is illegal in most states! Please explain what you meant.

Thanks!!

I just do not get those prices, they are way higher than what our Upfitter package cost. The Supercharger is also thousands higher than what I paid.

No chance in hell I would get a GTS over a Boss 302, and in the end it will cost more for a V6 GTS Supercharged than a Boss, that is just plain Crazy.

I'm looking forward to the GTS with, or without, the SC. I think it's going to be fun.

Maybe I'm shopping the wrong neighborhoods but you have to find a Boss first and then get over the $15K mark up over the sticker that I've seen in the three different states I've lived in ... including Korea. That makes the Boss more expensive than a Shelby GT500. I really like the Boss but I really like my GT500 Convertible too.

BTW, I thought the Boss was a 5.0 without SC. I noted the 800HP reference above with 15PSI

Good luck with your GTS, I am sure it will be a great riding machine. You are correct the Boss is NA, but comes with forged internals so I think it was meant that with a SC you can make 800 HP. Boss for MSRP is everywhere, a few dealers on this forum have offered several at MSRP, even the 2013.

2012's are available everywhere, no doubt they will go for under MSRP before it is all over.

I'm looking forward to the GTS with, or without, the SC. I think it's going to be fun.

Maybe I'm shopping the wrong neighborhoods but you have to find a Boss first and then get over the $15K mark up over the sticker that I've seen in the three different states I've lived in ... including Korea. That makes the Boss more expensive than a Shelby GT500. I really like the Boss but I really like my GT500 Convertible too.

BTW, I thought the Boss was a 5.0 without SC. I noted the 800HP reference above with 15PSI

I'm sorry you didn't understand what I said. The Boss with the new 5.0 Road Runner which is capable of 15 PSI at over 800+ HP and proven reliable @ 8400 RPM . Right now you can find a 2012 under MSRP which is $40,995. This Boss 5.0 is not the same coyote engine as in a standard Mustang GT.

Thanks carnut12.

http://www.musclemus...tall/index.html

I'm sorry you misrepresented your original posting to make a, well I guess, point. The conversation was about a SC GTS and Boss - period. I have no idea how capabilities were added to a simple "what if" conversation that was meant to be fun.

I haven't found a Boss for MSRP. You must be pretty lucky to be living Florida.

BOSS 302's for MSRP are all over the place. If you can't find one then you are shopping in the wrong place or may I say NOT shopping at all (just look on EBAY; Boss 302 and you'll find them). FYI - The GTS is sooooooooooo way over priced it isn't even funny. I have said from the gate, the car is made with "most" all spare parts from cars past, nothing new here folks just move on. They wanted a new line up to entice and replace the Shelby GT but they forgot one thing........the GTS never followed the Hertz Shelby GT-H and that is the biggest bang they did NOT have. Shelby should have paid Hertz for the right to build another one then the GTS would have sold as many as they could build but Carroll @ 85++ did not want to put the coin up and take the risk as he is winding down, as expected. But as of now that car will be in the class of the Dodge Shelby, just an off the wall bad idea that went worse once it was introduced. I mean a Shelby for every person...the Shelby Mustang was NEVER made to be for everyone.

BOSS 302's for MSRP are all over the place. If you can't find one then you are shopping in the wrong place or may I say NOT shopping at all (just look on EBAY; Boss 302 and you'll find them). FYI - The GTS is sooooooooooo way over priced it isn't even funny. I have said from the gate, the car is made with "most" all spare parts from cars past, nothing new here folks just move on. They wanted a new line up to entice and replace the Shelby GT but they forgot one thing........the GTS never followed the Hertz Shelby GT-H and that is the biggest bang they did NOT have. Shelby should have paid Hertz for the right to build another one then the GTS would have sold as many as they could build but Carroll @ 85++ did not want to put the coin up and take the risk as he is winding down, as expected. But as of now that car will be in the class of the Dodge Shelby, just an off the wall bad idea that went worse once it was introduced. I mean a Shelby for every person...the Shelby Mustang was NEVER made to be for everyone.

Swedeman, you may be right about the Shelby Mustang not being made for everyone. But the GTS is being made for every hard working Joe Mustang nut that dreams of some day owning a Shelby. It is within the grasp of most. I still thank the 85 ++ Carroll Shelby for making the SGT that I was able to afford with my 60 hour work week pay.

I've heard stories like yours before; there's WMD in Iraq, I didn't have sex with that woman, and Anna Nicole Smith married for love. Nothing like trying to pee in someone else's Wheaties is there? Have fun attempting to ruin someone else's day. I'm looking forward to my overpriced GTS.

I'm sorry you misrepresented your original posting to make a, well I guess, point. The conversation was about a SC GTS and Boss - period. I have no idea how capabilities were added to a simple "what if" conversation that was meant to be fun.

I haven't found a Boss for MSRP. You must be pretty lucky to be living Florida.

Come on man!!!! ! :headscratch::hysterical3::hysterical2::hysterical:

I think the GTS would be a GREAT option if you are looking at getting a bang for the buck. We know the price of a V6 and the GTS package is still pretty damn cheap, and 475 HP...I mean, thats not far off of the 2007-2010 GT500s.....pretty amazing when you think of it that way.

You cant compare it to the BOSS though....for one, you arent going to get much more out of a V6 GTS/SC, and I have friends running over 900HP on their BOSSes, with little more than a KB, a clutch and some fuel delivery changes. Under 40k is pretty sweet for a GTS pushing 475HP, but when you can get a BOSS to put down 900HP for about 60k total, if you want to compare dollar per HP, there is no comparison.

BTW- HEy Nordic, I didnt know Swede knew you so well! :hysterical2:

I've heard stories like yours before; there's WMD in Iraq, I didn't have sex with that woman, and Anna Nicole Smith married for love. Nothing like trying to pee in someone else's Wheaties is there? Have fun attempting to ruin someone else's day. I'm looking forward to my overpriced GTS.

Well, I for one am glad that you're here. Congrats on getting your GTS, can't wait to see it. I also guess that others do not see that you are in HI, where I'm sure Boss's are plentiful at MSRP or less. :) I hope that you enjoy your GTS as that is what this thread was supposed to be about, not bashing. I guess that some folks seem to think that their opinion is the only one that matters. Many of us are very much looking forward to seeing pics of your GTS.

Well, I for one am glad that you're here. Congrats on getting your GTS, can't wait to see it. I also guess that others do not see that you are in HI, where I'm sure Boss's are plentiful at MSRP or less. :) I hope that you enjoy your GTS as that is what this thread was supposed to be about, not bashing. I guess that some folks seem to think that their opinion is the only one that matters. Many of us are very much looking forward to seeing pics of your GTS.

+1...........and congrats.

There is no way on God's Green Earth that aGTS even with an SC could even be comparable to the BOSS 302. Nordic...either I misunderstood your post or your smoking something that is illegal in most states! Please explain what you meant.

Thanks!!

You must not have took the time to read my post word for word.....What I said was if a V6 supercharged beat a Boss that would be very embrassing for a BOSS.....I would assume that there is no way that a Supercharged v6 will beat a boss on the street or the track....by the way I have my 2013 Grabber Blue Boss 302 on order so I am a little biased towards the Boss

It would be pretty embrassing if the V6 GTS beat a Boss....I would love to see the results. I think the Boss is Boss for a reason

Swede please reread my post so you can understand what I said...not what you thought I said.

Swedeman is the number one guy who likes to BASH everything....especially Shelby. He complained for years on here that Shelby should have supercharged the SGT and then he finally coughed up the dough to get his SGT supercharged....then he tried to sell it.....which made zero CENTS to me.......... I am sure he has peed in many folks Wheaties.

BTW- HEy Nordic, I didnt know Swede knew you so well! :hysterical2:

I never have met Swede before, I dont think he has ever attended a single bash (although he is good at bashing) or has been to Tulsa or any other major Shelby event.

I would assume that there is no way that a Supercharged v6 will beat a boss on the street or the track....by the way I have my 2013 Grabber Blue Boss 302 on order so I am a little biased towards the Boss

I'm not sure Nordic, it would be close if you took a 2012 GTS SC loaded up with suspension goodies also, and had equal drivers on a track against a STOCK Boss, non LS, it should be close. What I don't know is the weight of the GTS after conversion. Stock, the V-6 coupe is 3,470 lbs where the Boss is 3,632. So I'm guessing that after the add ons at Shelby that the V-6 should be pretty comparable to the Boss, maybe still a bit less. RWHP will be about the same, but the V-6 should be slightly higher than the Boss' 444 crank HP. The V-6 will not be at the same TQ levels I imagine, so will probably be down a bit out of the low speed corners. All things being equal, (tires, etc.) should be a pretty close match up. Obviously, if the Boss has any additions to it, the contest would be over in the Boss' favor.

I'm not sure Nordic, it would be close if you took a 2012 GTS SC loaded up with suspension goodies also, and had equal drivers on a track against a STOCK Boss, non LS, it should be close. What I don't know is the weight of the GTS after conversion. Stock, the V-6 coupe is 3,470 lbs where the Boss is 3,632. So I'm guessing that after the add ons at Shelby that the V-6 should be pretty comparable to the Boss, maybe still a bit less. RWHP will be about the same, but the V-6 should be slightly higher than the Boss' 444 crank HP. The V-6 will not be at the same TQ levels I imagine, so will probably be down a bit out of the low speed corners. All things being equal, (tires, etc.) should be a pretty close match up. Obviously, if the Boss has any additions to it, the contest would be over in the Boss' favor.

Hi Jeff,

It will be interesting to see both cars in Tulsa this year, I hope I am able to attend Tulsa this year and that I have my 2013 302 by then. I like the Shelby GTS and am glad that they have a V6 and a V8 version and that you can order either one N/A or supercharged. The V6 Terlingua was like on rails but it didn't have the power that I was looking for I know a few Terlingua owners rebuilt there engines to be insane so I am sure those Telringuas are wicked fast. I bet the V6 GTS will be very similiar to the stock Terlinguas except faster since the newer V6 is a more powerful V6.

I like the fact that the Boss can rev to 8,000 rpm with the track key and that they changed the 2013 fake fog lights to be removable to allow more air in the engine area and that there is now vents in the hood of 2013 Boss. The Boss impressed me last year at Tulsa...

Both cars are awesome but since I already own a Shelby and I want a current 5.0 Mustang that will rip up the road course without a supercharger I decided for the Boss. The GTS was also in my sights but the Boss has a special engine so that is why I also chose the Boss

Both cars are awesome but since I already own a Shelby and I want a current 5.0 Mustang that will rip up the road course without a supercharger I decided for the Boss. The GTS was also in my sights but the Boss has a special engine so that is why I also chose the Boss

Given the choice if I had the opportunity, I would make the same one that you did. I'm just way more of a V8 guy. I can't imagine how excited you are to get that thing home!

Thank you all for the comments. It's nice to know I'm going in the general direction on Shelby's I need to be going. Interesting note, the OP of this thread is also the one that has the most heartburn with the GTS. The details added in this thread certainly explain why. I'll add pictures when I get the car. Manny at Gaudin has the car right now adding a GT500 rear wing.

Archived