TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 front end repair

Lucus42

I just bought an 09 GT500 it has been in a wreck. The front body pannels and drivers door need to be replaced. Does anyone know if the front end off of a 2010 would fit on an 09? Also does anyone know where I could get a ne3w door and front end?

Lucus

You purchased it wrecked ?

The nose clip is visually different but not sure if it's structually different, if you know what I mean.

You should be able to get any part through FoMoCo for a 2007-09 GT-500.

I purchased a wrecked 09. It needs new front fenders, bumper, hood, and drivers door. I got a really good deal on it so I will be able to afford to supe it up. I think it would be cool to put a front end off of a 2010 on an 09 :happy feet:

Lucus

Swapping doors will not help. Even if you could simply 'bolt-on' the fenders and doors from a 2010+ to a 2009 or newer (which I highly doudt you could) the body lines would not match without significant metal work. The back of the doors on the 2010+ 'kick-up' to meet the rear quarter. Additionally, the beltline on the 2010+ is much more exaggerated then the pre-2010. Lastly, the flare of the front wheel wells would conflict visually with rear wheel well.

If saving money for power mods was your plan, the cash/time need to make 2010+ sheetmetal work would be counter productive in that respect.

• 2 weeks later...

Swapping doors will not help. Even if you could simply 'bolt-on' the fenders and doors from a 2010+ to a 2009 or newer (which I highly doudt you could) the body lines would not match without significant metal work. The back of the doors on the 2010+ 'kick-up' to meet the rear quarter. Additionally, the beltline on the 2010+ is much more exaggerated then the pre-2010. Lastly, the flare of the front wheel wells would conflict visually with rear wheel well.

If saving money for power mods was your plan, the cash/time need to make 2010+ sheetmetal work would be counter productive in that respect.

+1 No way it's going to fit. If you want an 2010, sell your 09.

Yes it can be done. You're going to need to relocate some of your mounting holes. However the 2010 door interior will match your holes of your 2005-2009 doors. Be warned your body lines will not match...good luck have fun...

I just bought an 09 GT500 it has been in a wreck. The front body pannels and drivers door need to be replaced. Does anyone know if the front end off of a 2010 would fit on an 09? Also does anyone know where I could get a ne3w door and front end?

Lucus

The Door and Fender are regular Mustang Parts as will be other Structure Parts under the Hood. Try here for your Parts.............

http://www.copartfinder.com/finderHome.do

Archived