TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Front Brake Cooling Kit

07SGT5687

So I haven't gotten pics or installed them yet, but I received my Shelby Front Brake cooling kit a little while back and I just got around to opening it all up yesterday. I just had to post up saying when I opened the box I was immediately impressed with this kit. A complete 180 from the products I've recently received from SPP and their affiliated vendors. Sorry to be so harsh, but I think at least a few people would say there have been some "bumps" in the road lately. That said...

For starters, I noticed right away that everything was packaged extremely well. Again, not a strong point in the past. And I was even further surprised and delighted to see nice color installation instructions right on top of the contents! I haven't read them through for accuracy yet, but them just being present is again, a huge improvement over the past.

And last but not least, the product looks fantastic. Again, I can't speak yet to the fitment or function yet, but in the box this kit looks like the "bee's knees"... (that's right, bee's knees... I'm bringin' that one back). Everything seems like quality product and I can't wait to get it installed finally. And for $139.99 (before any discounts)... it's a STEAL.

Thanks SPP for doing it right on this one. Bravo.

...pics forthcoming...

So I haven't gotten pics or installed them yet, but I received my Shelby Front Brake cooling kit a little while back and I just got around to opening it all up yesterday. I just had to post up saying when I opened the box I was immediately impressed with this kit. A complete 180 from the products I've recently received from SPP and their affiliated vendors. Sorry to be so harsh, but I think at least a few people would say there have been some "bumps" in the road lately. That said...

For starters, I noticed right away that everything was packaged extremely well. Again, not a strong point in the past. And I was even further surprised and delighted to see nice color installation instructions right on top of the contents! I haven't read them through for accuracy yet, but them just being present is again, a huge improvement over the past.

And last but not least, the product looks fantastic. Again, I can't speak yet to the fitment or function yet, but in the box this kit looks like the "bee's knees"... (that's right, bee's knees... I'm bringin' that one back). Everything seems like quality product and I can't wait to get it installed finally. And for $139.99 (before any discounts)... it's a STEAL.

Thanks SPP for doing it right on this one. Bravo.

...pics forthcoming...

This is great news. It takes effort to post the good things. You can thank our very own Bill for packaging so nicely. Can't wait to see it installed! I bet it will be the "cat's pajamas"!! (that's right, keep it old school!)

happy%20feet.gif

This is great news. It takes effort to post the good things. You can thank our very own Bill for packaging so nicely. Can't wait to see it installed! I bet it will be the "cat's pajamas"!! (that's right, keep it old school!)

happy%20feet.gif

So am I to understand that these were made domestically? They sure don't appear to be "import" product to me.

So I haven't gotten pics or installed them yet, but I received my Shelby Front Brake cooling kit a little while back and I just got around to opening it all up yesterday. I just had to post up saying when I opened the box I was immediately impressed with this kit. A complete 180 from the products I've recently received from SPP and their affiliated vendors. Sorry to be so harsh, but I think at least a few people would say there have been some "bumps" in the road lately.

I'll say.

I asked Robert Lane in his announcement thread if they fit the Shelby/Baer Extreme front brake rotors and I never got a answer from him (or anyone else).

The item description shows applications for the KR and a Super Snake but the instructions clearly show them being installed on a car with Stock/OE Brembo calipers and rotors. My FRPP cooling duct kit won't work with my Baers so I was hoping to sell them and get a set of the Shelby ducts...IF they fit a GT500 with the Shelby/Baer Claw "Big Brakes".

No answer, no sale!

So much for "customer assistance".....

Phill

No, these will not fit the Baer brakes. These are specifically made to fit the the Brembo caliper. The Baer 6 pistons are to big. Now, that doesn't mean they will not work if modified. The only way to find that out is to cut up a set a see.

No, these will not fit the Baer brakes. These are specifically made to fit the the Brembo caliper. The Baer 6 pistons are to big. Now, that doesn't mean they will not work if modified. The only way to find that out is to cut up a set a see.

HEH?! THey won't fit the Baer 6P brakes?! Wonderful. So.... well made... and they'll look fantastic on my garage shelves... :rant2::angry22::censored::banghead:

I'm not sure about the big brake kit but I run the GT500 Brembos and I installed the Ford Racing Cooling duct works with JLT bezels, I will post up some better pics other than this cell phone pic once it stops raining down here.

16d1921a.jpg

Hey guys they will fit the Baer brakes

The SPP site description (application) states that they will fit the KR and Super Snake. It doesn't say "Baer" specifically, just KR and SS.

I don't remember if the GT500KR got the Shelby/Baer front brake upgrade (my memory is telling me "no", they have Brembo's but my memory is as old as I am!).

But I *know* the Super Snake has Baers up front and Eradispeed out back unless you upgraded to the Baer rear brakes too BUT......

The instructions I saw show the SPP brake ducts being installed on a car that has OEM GT500 *Brembo* brake calipers and rotors on it so I wasn't sure either way.

I posted my question to Robert in the thread he started in the Shelby Performance Parts section where he announced the duct kit. I saw that he replied to others in the thread but I got *NO* response or reply, pubically or privately, from ANYONE at Shelby.

To say I'm disappointed by the lack of response is putting it mildly. I thought that was one of the primary reasons that section is there for...to ask SPP staffers questions about SPP parts.

@Juan: Are you a Shelby Perf. Parts employee? I ask because if you are, I feel I can take your word to the bank. If not (no disrespect intended) then you're just guessing, unless you have installed the SPP brake duct kit on a car with Baers yourself (sorry but I see too many "experts" around here that state opinions/guesses as "facts").

Again, no disrespect intended, I just need "I knows" (i.e. FACTS) rather than "I thinks".

I *know* Tim works there and I thought he'd pipe in since I saw a response by him in a prior post (I've also dealt with Kam and both are GOOD information providers and I trust both of them).

No disrespect meant to anyone in this thread,

Phill Pollard (I just need to KNOW!)

The SPP site description (application) states that they will fit the KR and Super Snake. It doesn't say "Baer" specifically, just KR and SS.

I don't remember if the GT500KR got the Shelby/Baer front brake upgrade (my memory is telling me "no", they have Brembo's but my memory is as old as I am!).

But I *know* the Super Snake has Baers up front and Eradispeed out back unless you upgraded to the Baer rear brakes too BUT......

The instructions I saw show the SPP brake ducts being installed on a car that has OEM GT500 *Brembo* brake calipers and rotors on it so I wasn't sure either way.

I posted my question to Robert in the thread he started in the Shelby Performance Parts section where he announced the duct kit. I saw that he replied to others in the thread but I got *NO* response or reply, pubically or privately, from ANYONE at Shelby.

To say I'm disappointed by the lack of response is putting it mildly. I thought that was one of the primary reasons that section is there for...to ask SPP staffers questions about SPP parts.

@Juan: Are you a Shelby Perf. Parts employee? I ask because if you are, I feel I can take your word to the bank. If not (no disrespect intended) then you're just guessing, unless you have installed the SPP brake duct kit on a car with Baers yourself (sorry but I see too many "experts" around here that state opinions/guesses as "facts").

Again, no disrespect intended, I just need "I knows" (i.e. FACTS) rather than "I thinks".

I *know* Tim works there and I thought he'd pipe in since I saw a response by him in a prior post (I've also dealt with Kam and both are GOOD information providers and I trust both of them).

Juan works with us at SPP.

I just called over to the shop to confirm and these will fit both Brembo and Baer 6 piston brakes.

Sorry Phill 51 calls and 10 hours into my shift, I missed most of what happened in this thread. BTW, Juan knows his stuff! He can always be trusted! happy%20feet.gif

Archived