TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Introduces new GTS model

robertlane

• New Shelby GTS brings legendary Shelby performance to V6 Ford Mustang

• Shelby American has a complete line of muscle cars from V6 GTS to 800 HP Super Snake

• V8 version of Shelby GTS is a successor to 2007-2008 Ford Shelby GT

66803.png

Click here for more GTS info. on ShelbyAmerican.com

Ford Shelby GT's Spirit Returns In New Shelby GTS At New York International Auto Show

Team Shelby – Fulfilling the desire of Ford Shelby GT fans worldwide, executives with Shelby American Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Carroll Shelby International Inc. (CSBI:PK) introduced today the new Shelby GTS post-title package for the 2011-2012 Ford Mustang at the New York International Auto Show. Available with a either a V6 or V8, normally aspirated or supercharged, the Shelby GTS is the spiritual rebirth of the popular 2007-2008 Ford Shelby GT.

“The Ford Shelby GT was introduced in 2007 as an agile, reliable and affordable muscle car,” said John Luft, president of Shelby American Inc. “It dominated its SCCA racing class and was a popular canvas for enthusiasts to create their dream Shelby. Our Shelby GTS picks up that mantle and expands upon it with a choice of V6 or V8 power for a new generation of Shelby enthusiast who wants a car built just for them.”

Ever since Ford introduced the 3.7L V6 and 5.0L V8 Mustang for the 2011 model year, the Shelby research and development team has been secretly developing the GTS package. Once the Shelby GT350 was finalized in both coupe and convertible versions, the skunkworks team accelerated the project. Working with partners at Ford Racing, Borla and Baer, Shelby American enhanced the car’s suspension, strengthened the braking and coaxed more power out of the engine.

“The V6 Mustang is a particularly good platform for the Shelby GTS,” noted Shelby American vice president of operations Gary Patterson. “It’s even lighter and more nimble than the GT. And the V6 Shelby GTS makes about as much horsepower as the V8 in the Ford Shelby GT, but with better fuel economy at a lower price.”

The post-title package starts at $9,995.00, not including the base car. Superchargers and other options are available that allow buyers to personalize their dream Shelby. A limited number of the Shelby GTS will be built with reservations starting April 21; production is scheduled to begin in the fourth quarter of 2011.

The 2012 Ford Shelby GTS post-title package includes:

• Ford Racing handling pack including new springs, tuned stabilizer bars and front strut tower brace

• Fresh air package for the normally aspirated V6 tune or V8

• Borla exhaust system

• Shelby / Baer brakes

• Unique deep draw hood featuring classic Shelby design

• Black billet upper grill with Ford “Running Pony” emblem

• Unique Shelby front fascias

• 8 Shelby LeMans stripes and side stripes

• “Shelby GTS” vehicle badges and official Shelby CSM interior plate

• “Powered by Ford” side badges

• “Shelby” lettering across the rear deck lid

The many options available include:

• Shelby superchargers for both V8 and V6 models

• 6 piston Shelby/Baer Brakes

• Adjustable control arms

• 18” to 20” wheels and tire packages

• Watts link rear suspension

• Two tone leather interior

“Our Shelby GTS is a fantastic way to pump up the capabilities of a stock Mustang within a budget without sacrificing performance,” added Mr. Luft. “It’s a car that reaches a younger buyer while acknowledging the economic realities of our times.”

Shelby American is also exhibiting the 800 horsepower 2012 Shelby GT500 Super Snake, 2012 Shelby GT350 coupe and convertible at their booth, #1325, during the New York Auto Show. Those interested in a Shelby should call (702) 942-7325 or log onto Shelby American.

Customers can build their dream Shelby online with Shelby American’s new “Build-One” progra.

Media Tools:

Download Brochure

Photo Gallery

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• New Shelby GTS brings legendary Shelby performance to V6 Ford Mustang

• Shelby American has a complete line of muscle cars from V6 GTS to 800 HP Super Snake

• V8 version of Shelby GTS is a successor to 2007-2008 Ford Shelby GT

Ford Shelby GT's Spirit Returns In New Shelby GTS At New York International Auto Show

Team Shelby – Fulfilling the desire of Ford Shelby GT fans worldwide, executives with Shelby American Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Carroll Shelby International Inc. (CSBI:PK) introduced today the new Shelby GTS post-title package for the 2011-2012 Ford Mustang at the New York International Auto Show. Available with a either a V6 or V8, normally aspirated or supercharged, the Shelby GTS is the spiritual rebirth of the popular 2007-2008 Ford Shelby GT.

“The Ford Shelby GT was introduced in 2007 as an agile, reliable and affordable muscle car,” said John Luft, president of Shelby American Inc. “It dominated its SCCA racing class and was a popular canvas for enthusiasts to create their dream Shelby. Our Shelby GTS picks up that mantle and expands upon it with a choice of V6 or V8 power for a new generation of Shelby enthusiast who wants a car built just for them.”

Ever since Ford introduced the 3.7L V6 and 5.0L V8 Mustang for the 2011 model year, the Shelby research and development team has been secretly developing the GTS package. Once the Shelby GT350 was finalized in both coupe and convertible versions, the skunkworks team accelerated the project. Working with partners at Ford Racing, Borla and Baer, Shelby American enhanced the car’s suspension, strengthened the braking and coaxed more power out of the engine.

“The V6 Mustang is a particularly good platform for the Shelby GTS,” noted Shelby American vice president of operations Gary Patterson. “It’s even lighter and more nimble than the GT. And the V6 Shelby GTS makes about as much horsepower as the V8 in the Ford Shelby GT, but with better fuel economy at a lower price.”

The post-title package starts at $9,995.00, not including the base car. Superchargers and other options are available that allow buyers to personalize their dream Shelby. A limited number of the Shelby GTS will be built with reservations starting April 21; production is scheduled to begin in the fourth quarter of 2011.

The 2012 Ford Shelby GTS post-title package includes:

• Ford Racing handling pack including new springs, tuned stabilizer bars and front strut tower brace

• Fresh air package for the normally aspirated V6 tune or V8

• Borla exhaust system

• Shelby / Baer brakes

• Unique deep draw hood featuring classic Shelby design

• Black billet upper grill with Ford “Running Pony” emblem

• Unique Shelby front fascias

• 8 Shelby LeMans stripes and side stripes

• “Shelby GTS” vehicle badges and official Shelby CSM interior plate

• “Powered by Ford” side badges

• “Shelby” lettering across the rear deck lid

The many options available include:

• Shelby superchargers for both V8 and V6 models

• 6 piston Shelby/Baer Brakes

• Adjustable control arms

• 18” to 20” wheels and tire packages

• Watts link rear suspension

• Two tone leather interior

“Our Shelby GTS is a fantastic way to pump up the capabilities of a stock Mustang within a budget without sacrificing performance,” added Mr. Luft. “It’s a car that reaches a younger buyer while acknowledging the economic realities of our times.”

Shelby American is also exhibiting the 800 horsepower 2012 Shelby GT500 Super Snake, 2012 Shelby GT350 coupe and convertible at their booth, #1325, during the New York Auto Show. Those interested in a Shelby should call (702) 942-7325 or log onto Shelby American.

Customers can build their dream Shelby online with Shelby American’s new “Build-One” program.

Robert is there any pictures.

Will the donor car have order restrictions from Ford like the GT350 does or can any Mustang GT (V8 V6) work?

How about a Boss coming in for cosmetics and S/C???

A Boss Shelby GTS, wow, I like the way you are thinking. Would that be possible Robert?

This is pretty cool Robert. Very cool !!

Couple questions:

1. Does the car have to be drop shipped from Ford to SA ?

2. If no, does it have to be brand new or could it be a few months old ?

3. How long does the conversion take ?

4. What happens to the old hood ?

5. Will the "doner" car be stored inside while it waites to be converted ?

Will the donor car have order restrictions from Ford like the GT350 does or can any Mustang GT (V8 V6) work?

How about a Boss coming in for cosmetics and S/C???

At this time, glass roof.

No Boss has been planned.

Roger

Couple questions:

1. Does the car have to be drop shipped from Ford to SA ? (NO)

2. If no, does it have to be brand new or could it be a few months old ? (USED WILL WORK IN THE YEARS 2011-2012)

3. How long does the conversion take ? (PRODUCTION STARTS Q4 and TURN TIME TARGET IS 30 days or less)

4. What happens to the old hood ? (BECOMES PROPERTY OF SAI that could change)

5. Will the "doner" car be stored inside while it waites to be converted ? (ALL CARS ARE STORED INSIDE)

This car has a "dual" purpose.

Bridge the generation, fuel economy and income bridge to the Shelby GT350 and Super Snake models and no restriction on color.

With a huge menu of options the possibilities are endless and provide the customer to build "their" Dream Shelby within those parameters.

Roger

Couple questions:

1. Does the car have to be drop shipped from Ford to SA ? I'm guessing no.

2. If no, does it have to be brand new or could it be a few months old ? Either

3. How long does the conversion take ? Are you really going to ask that question Rob??? :hysterical:

4. What happens to the old hood ? Shelby basement in 2013

5. Will the "doner" car be stored inside while it waites to be converted ? Shelby has stated that they will not be storing cars outside anymore like they did with the SGT's.

So, what is this "Shelby Lower Rear Fascia"?

And what is driving the $2K price difference between the V6 & the V8? The only difference between the two in standard options as they are listed on the fliers is the Shelby GT Engine cap set on the V8. I cannot imagine that is the only difference.

Couple questions:

1. Does the car have to be drop shipped from Ford to SA ?

2. If no, does it have to be brand new or could it be a few months old ?

3. How long does the conversion take ?

4. What happens to the old hood ?

5. Will the "doner" car be stored inside while it waites to be converted ?

Fine print on the flier states that SA will keep all the parts removed.

At this time, glass roof.

No Boss has been planned.

Roger

So are you saying that a GLASS ROOF car will not be converted?

Bummer that a BOSS can not be converted. A lot of us like the idea of having a forged engine that is pretty much bullet proof.

So are you saying that a GLASS ROOF car will not be converted?

Bummer that a BOSS can not be converted. A lot of us like the idea of having a forged engine that is pretty much bullet proof.

I believe we will eventually allow the Glass Roof but not at initial release. Remember this car will not start the build until Q4. A lot could happen between now and initial production.

At this time no hope on the Boss conversion.

Roger

happy%20feet.gif

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Now to pick my color and work out the financials!

:shift:

I must admit that I am very happy to see Shelby do this. I like the post title option and build it your way. Jeff I wish I were in your shoes as I could very easily be talked into a black GTS V-8 Convertible automatic if it came with red stripes. I think the Shelby team has an opportunity to hit a home run depending on the follow-up on warranty repairs. Wonder how that will be handled.

A great car and nice to see the Shelby GTS in the new body style. Looked at comments in autoweek that were posted, most of these must have been posted by Chevy owners.

I just am not willing to part with my SGT/BJ. I am going to be jealous of those lucky individuals that are able to buy one of these. Congrats to Shelby for the way they marketed this one, keeps the ADMs away from the dealers for those that buy there own cars. I am sure some dealers will buy the package and go for some ADM, hope it doesn't get crazy.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/04/21/shelby-mustang-gts-new-york-2011/#continued

Some good pictures if link works, the black stripe on the silver car just didn't do it for me. Love the car, the stripe was just plain looking....

GG

Archived