TEAM SHELBY FORUM

R & T, Boss beats GT350!!!

OK just got back from the grocery store and read the new Road & Track. They have the BOSS beating the GT350 in different tests. Here is how it was read; The 1/4 mile with R & T is 12.4 for the Gt350 and the BOSS was 12.3. The 0-60 for the BOSS was 4.2 and the GT350 was 4.3. Now that shocked me. Here is my 2 cents....R & T has always bad mouhted Shelby and they did it again. I will say this @ $48K if you can get past the color scheme the BOSS is one bad ass track car and 1/4 machine, but for the LS BOSS to actually beat the GT350 in both categories, now that is a stretch. However the publications get to main stream Amercia and the rest of the auto world and disrespect Shelby all the time. Carroll should sue those _ _ _ _ ards!!

I do not understand how that is bashing the 350, those are fantastic numbers for the 350, even further of a strech is saying that is bashing Shelby. The Boss is an outstanding car, R&T and just about every other magazine the past few months has made it clear it is the Best all around Mustang ever. Just because it is not a Shelby some here think that is not allowed, it cracks me up. I love my Shelby, but if I were in the market for a New Mustang I would be all over the Boss 302. This will put more pressure on Shelby to put out a better product, we should all be happy about that.

Have to love being a Muscle Car fan these days, even more so than the 60's IMO.

Umm, okay, but really, when cars like the Chevy Volt are crowned car of the year, should we care what they say?

On a related topic, just think how cool it would have been if Shelby used base white BOSS's for the 350 program? Delete the stripes, then build on the BOSS platform? That car would be ridiculous!:confused:

Umm, okay, but really, when cars like the Chevy Volt are crowned car of the year, should we care what they say?

On a related topic, just think how cool it would have been if Shelby used base white BOSS's for the 350 program? Delete the stripes, then build on the BOSS platform? That car would be ridiculous!:confused:

This was prototyped in 1969 and Ford felt it was not a beneficial move, Ford is about pumping up the Mustang Brand and the Boss is doing it at the track, Much like 1969 and 70. Ford was so behind the Boss program, Shelby fielded a stable of Boss 302s in 69.

Win on Sunday, sell on Monday.

Doc Scott

I have a feeling that all these guys have all this planned out.

Ford: "OK Carrol, we let you hold the golden key for awhile, now its our turn again".

Poor Chevy. The ZL1 won't get its spot in the lime light. Well, maybe. We haven't seen numbers for it yet, but sounds like the weight will hold it back.

I have a feeling that all these guys have all this planned out.

Ford: "OK Carrol, we let you hold the golden key for awhile, now its our turn again".

Poor Chevy. The ZL1 won't get its spot in the lime light. Well, maybe. We haven't seen numbers for it yet, but sounds like the weight will hold it back.

Heavy, but its a Rocket

Doc Scott

I do not understand how that is bashing the 350, those are fantastic numbers for the 350, even further of a strech is saying that is bashing Shelby. The Boss is an outstanding car, R&T and just about every other magazine the past few months has made it clear it is the Best all around Mustang ever. Just because it is not a Shelby some here think that is not allowed, it cracks me up. I love my Shelby, but if I were in the market for a New Mustang I would be all over the Boss 302. This will put more pressure on Shelby to put out a better product, we should all be happy about that.

OK...I agree mostly. But R & T has always found issues with Carroll and his machines, but I do agree that the BOSS is one fantastic car both for 1/4 mile and track. They also compared the price and saying that the BOSS was tested as a Lugana Seca and they MSRP for around $48K and the GT350 was MSRP'd @ $82K I do believe. So that is a big difference in dollars there. I too would be looking at a BOSS but for one I just can't stomach the colors and too I haven't even driven my SGT/SC yet! Furthermore my take is this, both the GT350 and the BOSS are strong cars it is just one is a little bit $$ than the other. So I'll have to say BS as I don't trust R & T and their numbers, in my book, are disputable. Thats my 2 cents.

0.1 difference in both categories? I would say that is totally negligible, unless there's more to the story than that. Did they both use the same tires & pressures? That alone can make a huge difference. If the Shelby used stickier tires, however, then that would be more interesting....

OK just got back from the grocery store and read the new Road & Track. They have the BOSS beating the GT350 in different tests. Here is how it was read; The 1/4 mile with R & T is 12.4 for the Gt350 and the BOSS was 12.3. The 0-60 for the BOSS was 4.2 and the GT350 was 4.3. Now that shocked me. Here is my 2 cents....R & T has always bad mouhted Shelby and they did it again. I will say this @ $48K if you can get past the color scheme the BOSS is one bad ass track car and 1/4 machine, but for the LS BOSS to actually beat the GT350 in both categories, now that is a stretch. However the publications get to main stream Amercia and the rest of the auto world and disrespect Shelby all the time. Carroll should sue those _ _ _ _ ards!!

These numbers are completely different than what the May edition of Motor Trend just published. On almost every car test, Road & Track always has slower numbers than what Motor Trend does. Here are the numbers that Motor Trend published:

Boss 302: 0-60 4.0 sec, quarter mile: 12.3 sec @ 115.8 mph

GT350: 0-60 3.7 sec, quarter mile: 12.0 sec @121.4 mph

It all comes down to the quality and experience of the driver doing the test. Both cars are great cars!

These tests were done on two different articles in the same R & T magazine. I know they intended to have the readers match up both articles and then compare the prices and performance on what one gets for the money, that is what they were doing. The LS BOSS is around $48K and the tested GT350 was @ $82K respectively, they are bashing the dollar difference in the GT350. This is why. They had matched up the SRT8 and the GT350 with the GT350 besting the hell out of it in all peformance categories. Then the matched dollar for dollar on the cars and the SRT8 smashed the GT350 in dollar for dollar performance mods. The SRT8 MSRP'd at $43K+ including touch screen NAV and ALL the goodies one could put into the car and the GT350 MSRP's @ $82K with most every goodie one could install as well, so after the comparrison the SRT8 beat the GT350 in the dollar category, but not even close in the track or strip category. One can say the SRT8's cost is , well.......a very very nice and powerful car for $43K but the GT350 is miles ahead in performance. However does that mean the GT350 is a deal with just adding the SC and leaving the rest of the appearance mods out? Depending on the deal you get for the donor car I think the GT350 could come in at about $60K with the SC and without the appearance mods and other performance goodies that SA could install, now that is a great buy! In ending R & T is one magazine I will never order for my personal reading, as I do not trust them. That being said, I will waste a little time reading it while the wife is shopping ;).

Swede you will not be thinking of either when you get back the GT/SC, to me that is right up there with the GT350!!!!!!!!!!!!

:) So to say I am excited is an understatement! Just doing the finishing touches at Shelby Las Vegas right now and I should have shipping information in the next 2 weeks or so. :)

Swede, when you get that bad boy back, you'll never look at a Boss or "5" the same way again. It's funny reading all the posts about how great the GT 350 and Boss cars are, which they are, but never a mention of the GT/SC.

I had a friend up this weekend with a '99 Cobra and I took him out for real Texas ride in the GT/SC. He could not believe the power and how it "fishtailed" in a third gear shift. Afterward, he commented that his 320hp Cobra will never be the same for him again. :hysterical: It's amazing how these Mustangs get better and better with each passing year. As the years pass by, and new and improved Mustangs hit the streets, the GT/SC Shelbys will no doubt be remembered as one of the baddest Shelbys to ever grace the streets or the track. Now, go smoke some "5's" when that bad boy gets back home to you.

:) So to say I am excited is an understatement! Just doing the finishing touches at Shelby Las Vegas right now and I should have shipping information in the next 2 weeks or so. :)

Too cool Swede.......... the SGT/SC is an amazing car.

Cograts

NOT a surprise at all! Remember FORD probably spent a s :censored: load of cash in designing and testing the Boss 302 so it is basically a race car on the street. When FORD wants to they will kick ass on anyone and anything just like they did with the GT40's

NOT a surprise at all! Remember FORD probably spent a s :censored: load of cash in designing and testing the Boss 302 so it is basically a race car on the street. When FORD wants to they will kick ass on anyone and anything just like they did with the GT40's

:yup: Ford can do some amazing stuff. ............but if your talking GT40's, it took Shelby's team and the guys at Holman-Moody to kick butt with that car. :banvictory:

Hope we have some show at Hallett. ;)

Gary P is chomping at the bit! :shift:

Roger

There will be several, FoMoCo will prob bring several and one of their shoes to drive it, as well as some private owned.

Will be fun to watch.

Doc Scott

That Boss 302 engine is one hell of a engineering piece of work. I love that they stayed away from supercharging . That sound reminds me of the 70's all over again except there is power @ all rev bands. The basic 302 has all kinds of potential for the tuners.

+1 Well said!!

I love MUSTANGS not just Shelby's.

I want a Mustang that performs in the area that I want thus having Bullitts, Cobra, GT500 and eagerly anticipating the Boss. Love the GT350 but preferred the Boss right now. Doesn't make me a Shelby hater by any means.

My neighbor has a boss arriving this week, and my gt350 is a couple of weeks from being done. I'll let everyone know the real facts when we run both cars balls to the wall down the 1/4 mile. If the boss beats my 350, it will go back to shelby for a BIG tune up. I didnt spend that kind of money to be in the back of the pack.. Stay Tuned for the results from two Country Boys in Ohio running all out.

Archived