TEAM SHELBY FORUM

*Sexystang and her New 5.0!!!

I still might consider wearing a helmet just to make it past these CT drivers that do everything else but drive..... :doh: I don't know why anyone would want to risk wrecking their car..... :shrug:

They are the same down here in MD

Be careful out there !!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Laurie - Ruf is back in the game. I'm buying a 2004 Mustang! Red!

CONGRATS Bryan, great news....... :happy feet: Red is my favorite color AND the fastest....... :banvictory:

:hide:

CONGRATS Bryan, great news....... :happy feet: Red is my favorite color AND the fastest....... :banvictory:

:hide:

Don`t get carried away we all know Vista Blue is the FASTEST. Even Ruf knows it.happy%20feet.gif

your the nice lady,who sent me the alum screws for my 2007 SGT,,,, Want to thank you again ,and YES I'am moving to PA :)) thks again,, I did use them Good luck with your Mustang.. T/

If memory serves me right, in reality, white is the fastest color. Something about all the other colors are usually mixed with others to make it a color. White is the only color that is one and does not use multi colors to make it, hence making white the lightest color to use.

• 1 month later...

K&N air filter installed - adding more horsepower can never be enough...... :peelout::banvictory:

The one problem I have is on my way to work everyone interferes with my useful horsepower in all 3 lanes..... :banghead:

The 2004 isn't happening!

But - something else is in the pipeline.

Sorry to hear that Bryan, Can you elaborate on that something else? :lurk:

Sweet pics...cars nice too. Dont be shy about posting more!

Thanks.... :) I'm still in Love with my 5.0.... :wub2: and I'll work on more pics!!

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered a black 2013 GT four weeks ago.

6 spd. man. - 3.73 gears - that's it. Cloth seats!

Got a few mods planned - but no blower!

Great news - Congrats Bryan..... :happy feet: I saw a 2013 GT for the first time a few weeks ago WOW..... :drop: IMO cloth seats are more comfortable, almost feels like I'm sitting on a recliner in my living room..... :dance: with leather seats your buns sweat in the summer and freeze in the winter..... :hysterical2: Make sure you stop by in here and post a few pics..... :camera:

Great news - Congrats Bryan..... :happy feet: I saw a 2013 GT for the first time a few weeks ago WOW..... :drop: IMO cloth seats are more comfortable, almost feels like I'm sitting on a recliner in my living room..... :dance: with leather seats your buns sweat in the summer and freeze in the winter..... :hysterical2: Make sure you stop by in here and post a few pics..... :camera:

I'm going to try and add the Recaros to the order tomorrow - rims and tires can wait!

Sean - only plans are for a Boss 302 intake and a Bama tune and CAI. Should be enough to play around on the street!

Drop dude!! Congrats Bryan!!! You won't be disappointed!! You won't need a blower for a while with that car, the power it comes with is intoxicating!! Happy feet happy feet

Thanks - its been a long 3 years without a Mustang...

And now that I have a garage - let the Zaino polishing begin!

I'm going to try and add the Recaros to the order tomorrow - rims and tires can wait!

Sean - only plans are for a Boss 302 intake and a Bama tune and CAI. Should be enough to play around on the street!

Bryan, FYI, been doing some research on the Boss intake- it looks sweet but you'll lose a bunch of low and midrange torque. Some guys that have tried it even switched back to the stock intake! The stocker seems to be optimized for the GT.

Thanks - its been a long 3 years without a Mustang...

And now that I have a garage - let the Zaino polishing begin!

:happy feet: :happy feet:

Bryan, FYI, been doing some research on the Boss intake- it looks sweet but you'll lose a bunch of low and midrange torque. Some guys that have tried it even switched back to the stock intake! The stocker seems to be optimized for the GT.

:happy feet: :happy feet:

Got a link to that discussion? I remember now hearing something like that...maybe just the CAI and Tune?

It was in 5.0 Mustang magazine a few issues back. I'll try to find the article on their website and post the link.

Seems to be an ongoing discussion about the intake.

I think low end torque is valuable on street racing.

Thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the article but they tested it with a new L & M throttle body so the test isn't a true comparison from stock.

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/techarticles/m5lp_1106_2012_boss_302_intake_test/index.html

In the same issue, there was an article about a particular drag racing series with just 5.0's. Most had kept the stock intake, some had the Boss, but one or two said they lost too much low and mid-range power from the Boss intake that they put the stock one back on.

Thanks. Sooooo - maybe we just do the Air-Raid CAI and a Bama 93 tune and hit the dyno!

I'm not looking for low e.t.'s -- just enough to give the local Camaros something to think about!

Should have the car on Aug. 18.

Off road xpipe is going on, too.

Ruf,

I have Bama tunes in my GT. Before I got the Shelby, it was great fun. I always ran the 87 tune, but it will chirp the tires in EVERY gear. The GT has an automatic. When my wife had her GT/CS, she didn't understand how I could always outrun her. I had the tune and she did not. We traded the GT/CS for me to get the Shelby. Now she drives the GT and she constantly is telling me that the GT has some grunt to it.

We are supposed to bring it up to Asheville also, so you will get to see both our cars.

Ruf,

I have Bama tunes in my GT. Before I got the Shelby, it was great fun. I always ran the 87 tune, but it will chirp the tires in EVERY gear. The GT has an automatic. When my wife had her GT/CS, she didn't understand how I could always outrun her. I had the tune and she did not. We traded the GT/CS for me to get the Shelby. Now she drives the GT and she constantly is telling me that the GT has some grunt to it.

We are supposed to bring it up to Asheville also, so you will get to see both our cars.

:rockon::rockon::rockon:

Archived