TEAM SHELBY FORUM

*Sexystang and her New 5.0!!!

Thanks. Sooooo - maybe we just do the Air-Raid CAI and a Bama 93 tune and hit the dyno!

I'm not looking for low e.t.'s -- just enough to give the local Camaros something to think about!

Should have the car on Aug. 18.

Off road xpipe is going on, too.

Don't take my word for it, try the Boss for yourself. It sure looks great.

If it were mine, I'd keep the stock intake and get the Western Motorsports "Ram Air" cold air intake (I had this on my '05 GT):

2011_hvi.jpg

And a Jon Lund "Ghost Cam" tune:

</p><p>'>http://youtu.be/sPaI-dknKZg</p><p>" rel="">

http://youtu.be/sPaI-dknKZg

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ruf,

I have Bama tunes in my GT. Before I got the Shelby, it was great fun. I always ran the 87 tune, but it will chirp the tires in EVERY gear. The GT has an automatic. When my wife had her GT/CS, she didn't understand how I could always outrun her. I had the tune and she did not. We traded the GT/CS for me to get the Shelby. Now she drives the GT and she constantly is telling me that the GT has some grunt to it.

We are supposed to bring it up to Asheville also, so you will get to see both our cars.

Nice! There's proof that a performance tune will make a great difference. Kudos to your wife for being so cool!! :rockon:

My girl (SS) wants to run me too but what I have is either too fast (my GT500) or too slow (my driver T-Bird V8) for her, haha

Secondo,

Val (my wife) knows better to run me in the GT500. She has driven it and knows it has more power. But, she wants to run my excursion w/7.3. I have a race tune in it that will lay you in the seat.

Not sure I want to mess with her though.

Aug 18!! :happy feet:

Bryan, PM to me your new address. I want to send you something for your new car because I was such a pain in the ass to you in the past.

Pain in the ass? Negative, my brother. I went through some very trying times a few years ago. But always respected you and SS. (we have some history! - Southington)

PM on the way.

post-4913-0-05482500-1343507112_thumb.jpg

post-4913-0-05482500-1343507112_thumb.jpg

Pain in the ass? Negative, my brother. I went through some very trying times a few years ago. But always respected you and SS. (we have some history! - Southington)

PM on the way.

So in this past year when you lost your house and your teaching job, these are not "very trying times?" :drop:

:boring:

Edited: for accuracy

My friend and I were having a discussion about our cars.

Then you come along - again - and try to provoke me into an argumentative discourse. Not going to happen.

How about this - you mind your own business and I'll mind mine.

I don't remember saying anything to you to deserve this continuing provocation.

If it continues, I'll let Robert Lane know about it.

My friend and I were having a discussion about our cars.

Then you come along - again - and try to provoke me into an argumentative discourse. Not going to happen.

How about this - you mind your own business and I'll mind mine.

I don't remember saying anything to you to deserve this continuing provocation. ???

If it continues, I'll let Robert Lane know about it.

Bryan,

I guess your definition of friends are those that always tell you what you want to hear, and not those who really want you to be the best you can, despite the difficulties you've had to face.

You are a trained "Wordsmith," Bryan. However, when "provoke" is your response toward those genuinely concerned about your behavior and well being, the word is being misused.

As a verb, it suggests an action. Neither Grabber nor myself are soliciting an action from you other than personal reflection.

Regarding the "unknown reasons," I think you do the NTT, secondo, Sexy Stang, and TS a disservice. We are not that naive.

We were once close friends, here in cyberspace and via phone. I first met you at "RUF"s Garage," and enjoyed your correspondence.

However, when a pattern of mean and insulting behavior became your predominant nature, I put some space between us.

The numbers of "friends" that have left this thread; left Team Shelby site, due to your "less than hospitably" behavior speaks for itself.

Personally, I would like the "Original" RUF back! ...Not the "Old," nor the "New" - "That Guy" that befriended me 6 years ago. Whatever happened to him?

I understand my search for "That Guy" may not have been as well received as I had hoped. Beyond the the read, yet unanswered PMs, my search continues...

Like Grabber, I get the message. I will honor your request "to mind your(my) own business."

Please understand, it is a little hard not to acknowledge "your business" as you put it out here in a Public Forum everyday

Additionally, we share many friends out here, and my correspondence with them is really, "none of your business" if we follow your rules.

I wish you well with your new car, and your new lifestyle. As a car guy, being without, for so many years, cannot be pleasant..., that I can understand.

Regarding the "new lifestyle," I don't even know what that means? I can only assume you were not happy with the "last" lifestyle, so a change is in order.

Like I said above, I'm all for getting the "Original" RUF back!

In deference to Robert Lane, the man is about to, or has already become, a new Father (for the first time). I would think this issue is hardly what he needs right now.

Further, for someone that has a long established legacy for mean and bullying behavior, this action is just foolish on your part as well as inappropriate.

I think it is time we both move on... I hope you agree.

Sheesh guys! Back to topic (kind of, ha!)!

Bryan, what do you think of the WMS intake and "Ghost" tune? Sweet, huh?

On topic, I bought SS a K & N air filter, she says the car now goes 85 instead of 80 on the highway ROTFL!!!

On topic, I bought SS a K & N air filter, she says the car now goes 85 instead of 80 on the highway ROTFL!!!

:hide: Wasn't me officer I swear..... :hysterical::hysterical:

Secondo,

Val (my wife) knows better to run me in the GT500. She has driven it and knows it has more power. But, she wants to run my excursion w/7.3. I have a race tune in it that will lay you in the seat.

Not sure I want to mess with her though.

Wow, you have a race tune for your Excursion? :drop: Take on any Tahoes or Escalades lately?

Try running Val, it can be fun, make a bet! :happy feet:

You might be surprised- I beat my buddy's '85 Z28 with my '88 V6 Bronco II!

The tuner in the excursion is selectable. I have a tow, economy and race tune. It can be changed on the fly.

I have caught a few sport cars off guard at traffic lites before.

But when the race tune is on and you stand on the skinny pedal, it will POUR out black smoke.

Wow, you have a race tune for your Excursion? :drop: Take on any Tahoes or Escalades lately?

Try running Val, it can be fun, make a bet! :happy feet:

You might be surprised- I beat my buddy's '85 Z28 with my '88 V6 Bronco II!

I have about 420 horse now, slowly catching up to you, but what kind of a bet are we talkin here?? :lurk:

I could push the pedal to the metal, not a problemo.... :hysterical2:

The intake looks LARGE! Horsepower needs air and fuel - and that sucker (!) will provide the Air!happy%20feet.gif

The Ghost tune sounds great - just a little concerned about long term effects on the engine after reading some posts on another forum. But --- would love to hear that tune in my incoming car with the x-pipe that's waiting for it! :rockon:

SS - try to keep her under control! :hysterical:

Ford Racing is releasing a Cobra Jet intake next month - and they claim "significant" power increases over the Boss intake. But at twice the price, I'll keep the Boss intake on my list.

I'm sure whatever you choose will run well, sound and look cool. These days, especially for the new 5.0, there are no bad parts for it that don't work. My buddy and I had Cleveland engines in the late 80's 90's, their parts kept us busy. No longer nowadays.

I have about 420 horse now, slowly catching up to you, but what kind of a bet are we talkin here?? :lurk:

I could push the pedal to the metal, not a problemo.... :hysterical2:

Catching up! We'll have to save for a ProCharger for your car!

The bet is between the man and his woman!!

Catching up! We'll have to save for a ProCharger for your car!

The bet is between the man and his woman!!

Secondo,

Looks like YOUR women wants a bet.... :hysterical2:

I will not do that to the Excursion. Besides, we dont take the excursion and GT out together typically. But the Shelby and GT go out all the time to cruises. :wub2:

Automatics get 3.15's, you're getting the sweet optional 3.73 set, right? Should be a 12 second car right out of the box.

Check. You plan on a stall converter for her?

Yep -3:73's - only option on the car!

Lot of popcorn eating going on here! :hysterical:

Secondo,

Looks like YOUR women wants a bet.... :hysterical2:

I will not do that to the Excursion. Besides, we dont take the excursion and GT out together typically. But the Shelby and GT go out all the time to cruises. :wub2:

Done that too, with both cars at the show/cruise- isn't it fun?

IMG_4091.jpg

:happy feet:

Check. You plan on a stall converter for her?

Yep -3:73's - only option on the car!

Lot of popcorn eating going on here! :hysterical:

No stall yet- just drag radials to try for 12's. she ran consistent 13.1's at our slow track bone stock, letting the auto shift. We'll try the DRs and shifting the auto manually at a higher rpm. And maybe go to Atco Raceway (a fast track) for a few less tenths.

Archived