TEAM SHELBY FORUM

A Good Deal For A Fellow TS Member:

Hey BikeBoy-

We got your back, no worries...

Folks- lets not look past the fact that this was a classified AD, to sell a product at a discount to someone in the TS Family that might get some use out of it.

I just checked my NEW YANKEES BASEBALL HAT, that I bought at the stadium on Thursday, and sure as shit, its made in China. So everyone get over it please...

Fellow TS Brothers...

I wanted you all to know I PM'd BikeBoy and apologized for using a derogatory reference in a reply to his thread. My apology is sincere and private. What you see here is the balance of my communication to him. I can sometimes come across as an a$$hole, and like 'Gator says, it is the impersonal nature of internet. You read the written word, but can't see the body language nor the tone of my voice. I remain 100% behind my convictions, but not to the point where name calling defeats the point of the message.

...The word "creep" was a bad choice and over the top; even for me. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings, and for my part of turning your "Parts for Sale" offering into something resembling a Tea Party debate.

One of the respondents categorized some of us a "crybabies," another poorly chosen word. If I am guilty in my role as provocateur to raise the conscientiousness of Americans to Buy American, then so be it. I did my military time during the Vietnam War (fortunately, never had to go there), I've been active in local politics, and do my best to spend my money I made here, on goods and services located here. I can't help but cringe every time I hear opinions that dismiss their spending habits as having no impact back home, as if it is lost in the minutia of a Global Economy. I truly worry about the economic legacy we will leave for our children and grand children.

As someone who is about to close on a home while selling another (like you), I understand looking for a good value in what ever large purchases need to be made. One thing I can't seen to understand is why your $19K steal-of-a-deal, Daily Driver, and Home Depot cargo carrier, needs (of all things available) is a skid plate?

Wishing you the Best with your new home, and know I bear you no malice,

Regards,

-Quadcam

Fellow TS Brothers...

I wanted you all to know I PM'd BikeBoy and apologized for using a derogatory reference in a reply to his thread. My apology is sincere and private. What you see here is the balance of my communication to him. I can sometimes come across as an a$$hole, and like 'Gator says, it is the impersonal nature of internet. You read the written word, but can't see the body language nor the tone of my voice. I remain 100% behind my convictions, but not to the point where name calling defeats the point of the message.

...The word "creep" was a bad choice and over the top; even for me. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings, and for my part of turning your "Parts for Sale" offering into something resembling a Tea Party debate.

One of the respondents categorized some of us a "crybabies," another poorly chosen word. If I am guilty in my role as provocateur to raise the conscientiousness of Americans to Buy American, then so be it. I did my military time during the Vietnam War (fortunately, never had to go there), I've been active in local politics, and do my best to spend my money I made here, on goods and services located here. I can't help but cringe every time I hear opinions that dismiss their spending habits as having no impact back home, as if it is lost in the minutia of a Global Economy. I truly worry about the economic legacy we will leave for our children and grand children.

As someone who is about to close on a home while selling another (like you), I understand looking for a good value in what ever large purchases need to be made. One thing I can't seen to understand is why your $19K steal-of-a-deal, Daily Driver, and Home Depot cargo carrier, needs (of all things available) is a skid plate?

Wishing you the Best with your new home, and know I bear you no malice,

Regards,

-Quadcam

Hay Quadcam this might not mean anything but i am happy that you apologize to bikeboy, (not that you need my approval )it says alot about your character.

What I am talking about here is the big picture here in America. Why do people go to Toyota dealers and pay top dollar for any vehicle that is available and others go to a Ford dealer and haggle for the lowest price they could possibly get? (per Shelbydude, manager at a Toyota and Ford dealership) Why do Americans think that imported cars are of better quality? This is the ancient mindset. I've owned Fords since the 80's and never had and quality issues with them while others that I know that have purchased imported vehicles had constant issues with them, to the point of having major drivetrain failures and frames replaced. Why is Toyota stock $77 while Ford is at $14 when Ford vehicles are of superior quality? Consumer and world confidence is a major factor in this. Quadcam is right: Every time an American purchases an imported vehicle it dilutes our own. Why is our dollar value very declined (I'm not getting into a major discussion on world economy), even to the point of being double in value compared to Australia (for example) a decade ago and now today theirs is actually worth more? This economy is hurting people all around us but we continue to purchase new Japanese and Korean vehicles. I don't want to hear any argument or copout justifying why you bought one. There are plenty of quality American vehicles to choose from. Bottom line.

Bikeboy: I apologize for taking over your thread and stirring up a debate in it.

Hey BikeBoy-

We got your back, no worries...

Folks- lets not look past the fact that this was a classified AD, to sell a product at a discount to someone in the TS Family that might get some use out of it.

I just checked my NEW YANKEES BASEBALL HAT, that I bought at the stadium on Thursday, and sure as shit, its made in China. So everyone get over it please...

AMEN to that. If you stop buying things made in other countries, you wouldn't have much and you would probably be Naked. WAY to many things are Made else wheredue in part because of the Unions. When you pay someone $30.00 (or more) an Hour PLUS all the Bebefits, Companies wont last and have to get some or most of their Products made else where to sell here. Look at your MUSTANGS......Pull the Rear Spoiler off and flip it over "MADE IN CHINA". Half the Bolts and Nuts are Metric, if not more. I am starting to get up set so I will stop here.........................

• 2 weeks later...

Not to add to the fire, but this article is on Yahoo today-

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-ticker/cars-without-borders-does-made-america-really-matter-134034850.html

Over 1 million people are expected to attend the New York Auto show, which opens to the public Friday. The show offers a dizzying array of vehicles to be dissected and critiqued by car aficionados, the media and the general public.

Among all the features being dissected, perhaps the least important is whether the car is foreign or domestic.

"It's a delineation without a difference these days," says Jim Resnick, an editor with Yahoo! Autos.

For all the talk about the resurgence of American automakers, "Made in America" is really a matter of marketing. For example, a Honda Accord made and assembled in America has 80% U.S.-sourced parts vs. 65% for a Ford Escape, Resnick notes in the accompanying video, taped at the show earlier this week.

"It's built in America. Designed in America. Marketed in America and sold in America," he says of the Accord. "It's an American car with a Japanese nameplate."

In fact, Resnick notes Honda exports cars made at its plants in Alabama and Ohio from America to 30 other countries. On the other hand, some Ford, GM and Chrysler cars are imported to America from Mexico and Canada.

In an increasingly integrated global economy, the reality is car companies have no borders anymore. Of course, where an automaker is domiciled matters in terms of where the profits from a sale ultimately end up, but U.S. consumers really don't care all that much anymore about where a car is made, or whether the manufacturer is based in America or Asia or Europe, Resnick says.

"When Toyota first starting building trucks in the U.S., people thought there'd be a big resistance against it," he recalls. "In fact, Toyota is building lots of trucks in the U.S. and they're sold everywhere."

While Americans over a certain age (like me) might remember a time when it was important whether your family's car was American-made or not, "that's gone by the wayside," Resnick says.

the recaro seats in the Boss 302 are quite possibly the best car seat I have ever sat in....

(was at the NY Auto Show today)

are they an American company.......Recaro?

I was just wondering if I need to feel guilty or not.....:shrug:

RECARO is based in Germany...

You are here: Keiper Recaro Group Homepage > Corporate Group > RECARO

Exclusive seats

RECARO GmbH & Co. KG, Kirchheim, was celebrating 100 years of company history in 2006. Wilhelm and Albert Reutter laid the foundation for this success story when they established the REutter CAROsseriewerke (car body works). Then as now, the objective was to produce innovative products of the highest quality. RECARO achieves this by using top-quality materials and state-of-the-art methods and processes, from the initial planning stages to the final product. All this has helped make RECARO a recognized system and engineering partner of the automotive industry providing equipment for premium class cars. The company maintains the highest standards of excellence when it comes to functionality, safety and ergonomics – all combined with the unparalleled design features customers have come to expect from RECARO seats.

In addition, RECARO produces sports seats, ergonomic seats, racing shells and child seats for the aftermarket.

The company has four production sites worldwide. With 606 employees, in 2009 RECARO achieved sales of €120 million.

Not to add to the fire, but this article is on Yahoo today-

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-ticker/cars-without-borders-does-made-america-really-matter-134034850.html

Over 1 million people are expected to attend the New York Auto show, which opens to the public Friday. The show offers a dizzying array of vehicles to be dissected and critiqued by car aficionados, the media and the general public.

Among all the features being dissected, perhaps the least important is whether the car is foreign or domestic.

"It's a delineation without a difference these days," says Jim Resnick, an editor with Yahoo! Autos.

For all the talk about the resurgence of American automakers, "Made in America" is really a matter of marketing. For example, a Honda Accord made and assembled in America has 80% U.S.-sourced parts vs. 65% for a Ford Escape, Resnick notes in the accompanying video, taped at the show earlier this week.

"It's built in America. Designed in America. Marketed in America and sold in America," he says of the Accord. "It's an American car with a Japanese nameplate."

In fact, Resnick notes Honda exports cars made at its plants in Alabama and Ohio from America to 30 other countries. On the other hand, some Ford, GM and Chrysler cars are imported to America from Mexico and Canada.

In an increasingly integrated global economy, the reality is car companies have no borders anymore. Of course, where an automaker is domiciled matters in terms of where the profits from a sale ultimately end up, but U.S. consumers really don't care all that much anymore about where a car is made, or whether the manufacturer is based in America or Asia or Europe, Resnick says.

"When Toyota first starting building trucks in the U.S., people thought there'd be a big resistance against it," he recalls. "In fact, Toyota is building lots of trucks in the U.S. and they're sold everywhere."

While Americans over a certain age (like me) might remember a time when it was important whether your family's car was American-made or not, "that's gone by the wayside," Resnick says.

i posted the same thing earlier and now u posted again, hopefully this time around works.

Foreign trade is an economic reality so what you buy and where you buy it, isn't as important in the big scheme of things versus the impact of the total U.S. foreign trade deficit. Another significant factor is how much debt (borrowed money) our government (that's you and me) owes to foreign interests.

We Americans DO buy far too many foreign products and our economy is weaker because of the imbalance. Our trade deficit in 2010 with China was $273 billion, Canada $27 billion, Mexico $66 billion, Japan $60 billion, Germany $34 billion. These are our 5 largest trading partners, but they don't buy enough US products to offset what we consume from their export market. More US dollars leave our wallets and go to these "partners" for their products than return for ours. You can't do that forever without consequences, like an empty wallet.

See links here:

China http://www.census.go...ance/c5700.html

Canada http://www.census.go...ance/c1220.html

Mexico http://www.census.go...ance/c2010.html

Japan http://www.census.go...ance/c5880.html

Germany httpt://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/balance/c4280.html

I won't get into our government's debt to foreign countries which you can find here http://www.treasury....cuments/mfh.txt

Look at how much we owe China (yes that's a trillion+ dollars) followed by Japan at almost another trillion. BTW, a trillion is a thousand billion, a billion is a thousand million...

Our government spends money like drunken sailors. Unfortunately, this hangover will last for decades and impact the economic health of future generations of young Americans.

We need to STOP borrowing money in general and foreign money in particular. We also need to tell our trade partners to balance their American imports with their current exports to the US. One way we can speed this along is to buy American whenever we can.

Not a rant... just the facts!

Foreign trade is an economic reality so what you buy and where you buy it, isn't as important in the big scheme of things versus the impact of the total U.S. foreign trade deficit. Another significant factor is how much debt (borrowed money) our government (that's you and me) owes to foreign interests.

We Americans DO buy far too many foreign products and our economy is weaker because of the imbalance. Our trade deficit in 2010 with China was $273 billion, Canada $27 billion, Mexico $66 billion, Japan $60 billion, Germany $34 billion. These are our 5 largest trading partners, but they don't buy enough US products to offset what we consume from their export market. More US dollars leave our wallets and go to these "partners" for their products than return for ours. You can't do that forever without consequences, like an empty wallet.

See links here:

I won't get into our government's debt to foreign countries which you can find here http://www.treasury....cuments/mfh.txt

Look at how much we owe China (yes that's a trillion+ dollars) followed by Japan at almost another trillion. BTW, a trillion is a thousand billion, a billion is a thousand million...

Our government spends money like drunken sailors. Unfortunately, this hangover will last for decades and impact the economic health of future generations of young Americans.

We need to STOP borrowing money in general and foreign money in particular. We also need to tell our trade partners to balance their American imports with their current exports to the US. One way we can speed this along is to buy American whenever we can.

+1000

RECARO is based in Germany...

You are here: Keiper Recaro Group Homepage > Corporate Group > RECARO

Exclusive seats

RECARO GmbH & Co. KG, Kirchheim, was celebrating 100 years of company history in 2006. Wilhelm and Albert Reutter laid the foundation for this success story when they established the REutter CAROsseriewerke (car body works). Then as now, the objective was to produce innovative products of the highest quality. RECARO achieves this by using top-quality materials and state-of-the-art methods and processes, from the initial planning stages to the final product. All this has helped make RECARO a recognized system and engineering partner of the automotive industry providing equipment for premium class cars. The company maintains the highest standards of excellence when it comes to functionality, safety and ergonomics – all combined with the unparalleled design features customers have come to expect from RECARO seats.

In addition, RECARO produces sports seats, ergonomic seats, racing shells and child seats for the aftermarket.

The company has four production sites worldwide. With 606 employees, in 2009 RECARO achieved sales of €120 million.

Hahahaha....we've been schooled!! :hysterical:

See links here:

It's time, (without getting all political and %$#@) that we (Americans) try and vote in someone that will get just what SVT NAJA says here...and DO SOMETING about this imbalance!!

:rant2:

The problem at it's root is that American Labor is simply to expensive, even for America. From one perspective it's our own (the US) damn fault that both products and jobs have gone over seas. Americans for the most part have become fat, dumb, and lazy. We want everything better, faster, and cheaper. We don't want to pay more for our cars and TVs but we expect to be paid more to design and manufacture them. The math doesn't work. Now, having said that, it is the American market that sets the tone for the rest of the word. The US has stronger safety and enviromental standards (which has both been driven by or lead to our own expectations for standards of living) then just about every other nation so most manufactures strive to meet US standards for there products that are sold globally. So, it will take a long while but most other countries will catch-up to us as the people of those countries wake-up (or fall asleep depending on which side of the fence you stand) and begin to demand the same standards that Americans expect.

On the other side of the arguement is back to the global economy, China, as well as several other Asian and Middle Eastern markets are simply to large, to labor rich, to cash hungry, and in some cases to cash rich for any industry to ignor. Industries are competing for market share in every country, particularly in those countries eager to work and eager to spend their cash such as China and India. The US simply does not fall within that same bucket. Sure there are pockets of the US that can be painted by the same brush but that wasnt until after the economy crashed and people hit hard times. When most everyone in the US already has a TV in every room and two or more cars in every driveway, and expects to have the same standard of living as Bill Gates something has to give or be let go. And what has been let go is our manufacturing and support industries. The US is a nation of Accountants, Lawyers, Doctors, Consultants, and Reality TV Stars. (Just a note here, I fall into that Accountant/Consultant bucket; Sorry for failing you America.)

Well, in my opinion which is based on having worked with and around the UAW, unions have their place however in their current form they are outdated.

I work in an industry (not auto) that has unions (the UAW, and others) in some but not all of it's manufacturing and assembly facilities. The plants without the union are far more efficiently run both finacially and in productivity, have greater safety ratings, higher quality, and an average wage that is higher and with greater benefit options then those plants with a union. Considering that the all of these facilities report to the same Manager and that they all deal with the same componites it's not much of a leap to see the anomaly in the equation.

Do I think that unions have been a force in driving out work and raising cost, absolutly. Do I think they are the sole reason, no way. There has been a lot of piss-poor short-sighted, greedy management in our Nation's industries that has contributed to the Nation's need to find cheaper ways to product products outside of te US, as well as sink money into poor investments all in the hopes of making a quick buck to vs. taking the long road to building a pipeline of steady cash flow.

It all comes back to 'I dont care about tomorrow, what are you doing for me right now!' mentality that we have bought into.

Regardless of the unions or management, the entire world relies our global economy. There is no nation that could survive economically with buying, selling, or manufacturing products soley within it's own boarders.

See links here:

Absolutely!!! And we as voting Americans need to elect representatives that will not tolerate this spend thrift attitude in WDC.

Boy this thread has grown too many legs.

I never intended it for this purpose...but I guess it has garnered some good conversation?

No kidding... :finger:

I'm actually surprised this thread keeps going. People have forgotten that you get what you pay for. BTW, has everyone on here noticed how things aren't built to last .Seriously, products like lawnmowers, TVs and cars are designed with their recycled value in mind- screw that.

I'm actually surprised this thread keeps going. People have forgotten that you get what you pay for. BTW, has everyone on here noticed how things aren't built to last .Seriously, products like lawnmowers, TVs and cars are designed with their recycled value in mind- screw that.

Greg-

In the auto parts industry, we called that 'planned obsolesence'!

This thread needs to die a FAST death!!!

I posted an NON-Ford auto part for cheap, to try to help out another TS member here. You know...good karma? Look what happened.

Rob...can you please kill this one off? B)

socalwrench,

I have to respectfully disagree on the lawnmower thing (after spending a long day in the yard today). I purchased my first mower in 1975 when I bought my first house (a new one) at the young age of 22, going on 23 (no new car for me yet). I had grown up as a USAF brat and believed (was taught by the Colonel) in "Buy American"! I wanted to buy a mower that would last and bought a "built in the USA" Snapper http://thelawnmower....nds_snapper.php after looking at a number of them, including Honda which was cheaper (dollar wise). Well I can sorely report tonight (after more than 35+ years) that the Snapper is still working great. I'm on my second discharge bag and I'll probably have to finally replace the wheels soon (maybe some GoodYear F1 G:2's?). Americans produce many fine products, we just have to look for them amidst all the foreign stuff.

socalwrench,

I have to respectfully disagree on the lawnmower thing (after spending a long day in the yard today). I purchased my first mower in 1975 when I bought my first house (a new one) at the young age of 22, going on 23 (no new car for me yet). I had grown up as a USAF brat and believed (was taught by the Colonel) in "Buy American"! I wanted to buy a mower that would last and bought a "built in the USA" Snapper http://thelawnmower....nds_snapper.php after looking at a number of them, including Honda which was cheaper (dollar wise). Well I can sorely report tonight (after more than 35+ years) that the Snapper is still working great. I'm on my second discharge bag and I'll probably have to finally replace the wheels soon (maybe some GoodYear F1 G:2's?). Americans produce many fine products, we just have to look for them amidst all the foreign stuff.

No, no, no. You misunderstand. What I mean is, products THESE DAYS, as in the least 15 years especially, aren't made to last. Products are actually designed with a recycled aspect in mind. I hate that. You're 1975 mower was built during a different era. Some American products, as of 2011, are trying to hold out. I just bought a lawnmower last year- a Bolens. It was the cheapest mower with a Briggs and Straton engine. The freaking assembly instructions had a list of phone numbers for the different parts manufacturers and a number to call for taking away worn out household items. WTF? It's brand new I thought, why do they want to give part numbers and manufacturers numbers. Oh well. Hopefully, you get what I'm saying.

No, no, no. You misunderstand. What I mean is, products THESE DAYS, as in the least 15 years especially, aren't made to last. Products are actually designed with a recycled aspect in mind. I hate that. You're 1975 mower was built during a different era. Some American products, as of 2011, are trying to hold out. I just bought a lawnmower last year- a Bolens. It was the cheapest mower with a Briggs and Straton engine. The freaking assembly instructions had a list of phone numbers for the different parts manufacturers and a number to call for taking away worn out household items. WTF? It's brand new I thought, why do they want to give part numbers and manufacturers numbers. Oh well. Hopefully, you get what I'm saying.

Greg your right just look at your kitchen appliance if you really start to look at the bulit quality they are bulit to fail after a certian amout time.They have a much shorter life span then the same product from just ten years ago. It's just a profit strategy.

Archived