TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SHELBY GT350 vs Challenger SRT 392

Damn video shows the crooked exhaust on the stang........ :banghead: Damn you SA :glare: but thanks for building the 350 :yahoo: .

Looks bad being off that's for sure............................. but dang, it sure sounds fantastic.

Damn video shows the crooked exhaust on the stang........ :banghead: Damn you SA :glare: but thanks for building the 350 :yahoo: .

Embarrassing. I'm thinking of telling Steve to keep my '12 until they get a fix for this. Of course, I think I probably have 8-9 months to go anyways. Great.

I dont think the crooked exhaust will be an issue going forward. I spoke with Roger last week, and while it is not my place to reveal information told to me by him, Im sure he will come on here and explain what was found to be the issue and how they will resolve it with the cars that have already gone out. Any cars still there wont have the problem, and while Im not giving out specifics, I will say as an owner, I was very satisfied by what he told me, and how they plan to make it right. Frankly, I was very impressed with how they handled this situation. The explanation alone showed me that they had been working with every aspect to find the real trouble spot which suprisingly was not where I had thought it was, which explains why even after welding I had some more movement. Anyone that has watched a performance car without a hood in place knows just how much an engine will pivot under heavy load, so really none of this came as a surprise to me when it happened.

I dont think the crooked exhaust will be an issue going forward. I spoke with Roger last week, and while it is not my place to reveal information told to me by him, Im sure he will come on here and explain what was found to be the issue and how they will resolve it with the cars that have already gone out. Any cars still there wont have the problem, and while Im not giving out specifics, I will say as an owner, I was very satisfied by what he told me, and how they plan to make it right. Frankly, I was very impressed with how they handled this situation. The explanation alone showed me that they had been working with every aspect to find the real trouble spot which suprisingly was not where I had thought it was, which explains why even after welding I had some more movement. Anyone that has watched a performance car without a hood in place knows just how much an engine will pivot under heavy load, so really none of this came as a surprise to me when it happened.

Glad to hear that you received a satisfactory response. I am waiting for my 624 and will see if it has been fixed. But I really do not care as long as the car performs as expected. Heck, maybe the first generation "crooked exhaust" series will have greater value some day!

Interesting how the conversation here started with the 350/Dodge comparission video and took a right turn at the cockeyed exhaust tips. First off, the Shelby in the comparisson has the 525 HP blower, not the 624. Did anyone else notice that? Second, seeing as how I started the whole cockeyed exhaust topic, I want to let you know that first of all, Shelby told me to get it fixed and send them the bill. Second, Shelby has since told me they have fabricated a bracket that will corect the problem. I sure hope they send one of those to me. As for the cockeyedness of the left tip being a 'signature' on the early '11 350s? I prefer nice, level pipes while blowing by all the 'other' guys. Ciao and God bless...Jon R :shift:

Interesting how the conversation here started with the 350/Dodge comparission video and took a right turn at the cockeyed exhaust tips. First off, the Shelby in the comparisson has the 525 HP blower, not the 624. Did anyone else notice that? Second, seeing as how I started the whole cockeyed exhaust topic, I want to let you know that first of all, Shelby told me to get it fixed and send them the bill. Second, Shelby has since told me they have fabricated a bracket that will corect the problem. I sure hope they send one of those to me. As for the cockeyedness of the left tip being a 'signature' on the early '11 350s? I prefer nice, level pipes while blowing by all the 'other' guys. Ciao and God bless...Jon R :shift:

Jon,

Did they give you any indication when the bracket might be available? And how we're supposed to get it installed? Seems like the only information getting out on fixing this problem is from the TS members..... :headscratch: Thanks for any insight.

John

Jon,

Did they give you any indication when the bracket might be available? And how we're supposed to get it installed? Seems like the only information getting out on fixing this problem is from the TS members..... :headscratch: Thanks for any insight.

John

No date on when the bracket will be ready. I did take mine up to the local Ford dealer and had a master mechanic whom I know personally do some adjusting on the system. It helped some, but the left one is still out of align. I sent Shelby the bill, per their instructions, and am awaiting reimbursement. I am not suggesting anyone here take theres in for 'treatement' without first talking with Shelby. Ciao and God bless...Jon :slapfight:

No date on when the bracket will be ready. I did take mine up to the local Ford dealer and had a master mechanic whom I know personally do some adjusting on the system. It helped some, but the left one is still out of align. I sent Shelby the bill, per their instructions, and am awaiting reimbursement. I am not suggesting anyone here take theres in for 'treatement' without first talking with Shelby. Ciao and God bless...Jon :slapfight:

Thanks for the info.

John

Archived