TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Garage door opener

davegt500

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That makes 3 of us...

I dont care about the lighted mirror, but Homelink transmitter would be really nice...

Anybody yet looked at twelve to see if the visors appear interchangeable? Local dlr sez can put in "aftermarket" for $400.

(Somehow, I don't think so!)

I'm thinking they "should" be, as the body style of the car has not changed at all since the '10 model year...

But my Ford dealer is going to let me know as soon as a '12 Stang comes in, so I can go have a look.

Will keep everyone posted.

GUS

Excellent! Are you gonna swap? If so please maybe a few pics? Especially running wire down the A pillar.

Anyone yet found out if the sunvisor with garage door opener on the '12's will go right into earlier MY's, and if so what about wiring?

I don't know what options are available in newer models but in the '08 time frame the option was to replace the rear view mirror. The mirror is a Gentex (who basically makes all of them for everyone, including the GM goofy thing). You can get any or all of self-dimming plus compass, temperature and HomeLink (garage door opener) . The kit is available from Ford dealers, but Gentex sells them as well. I bought one for the Mustang from Ford. For my Dodge truck I bought it from Gentex's retail distributor and I liked the Gentex wiring harness and connection better. The spring clip on the Mustang vibrated a lot - I had to have it replaced. The Dodge version attached with a hex set screw much more rigid and no vibration.

Note that the self-dimming mirror is worth it alone! I can't figure out why the cars don't come with them. My wife's 99 Jeep came with all that stuff (self-dimming, compass, temp and garage openers). That stuff should be standard now. Kind of like a steering wheel :).

If anyone is successful at getting the '12 visors with garage door opener installed on an '11, please post as I'm interested in doing the same.

Can you even buy the 2012 visors yet? I looked that part number up and couldn't find anything.

Does anyone have an idea of how difficult this will be to wire up? What power source would you tap into, would you have to buy a wiring harness for them?

Can you even buy the 2012 visors yet? I looked that part number up and couldn't find anything.

Does anyone have an idea of how difficult this will be to wire up? What power source would you tap into, would you have to buy a wiring harness for them?

I'm another one that is interested and can't believe this was left off the 2011. Is there a recommended dealership on line that gives Shelby club members a cost + X % price on things?

I'm gonna guess that Tousley Ford will probably be your best bet to source the parts...

They give a GREAT discount off list. Very fair shipping too.

I'm going to call them tomorrow, the website doesn't list any 2012 parts yet.

Here's how to find them:

Tousley Ford Parts

Good luck...

GUS

Hi All,

I posted up the part number to Tousley for a price check (on SVTP) and they came back with "$198 plus $10ish for shipping."

I'm little surprised it wasn't lower but what are you gonna do :shrug:

DaFreak

I'm gonna guess that Tousley Ford will probably be your best bet to source the parts...

They give a GREAT discount off list. Very fair shipping too.

I'm going to call them tomorrow, the website doesn't list any 2012 parts yet.

Here's how to find them:

Tousley Ford Parts

Good luck...

GUS

Hi All,

I posted up the part number to Tousley for a price check (on SVTP) and they came back with "$198 plus $10ish for shipping."

I'm little surprised it wasn't lower but what are you gonna do :shrug:

DaFreak

Ok....so, who's gonna lead the way, with a nice tutorial. Probably going to be a popular mod. I know I'm in after someone pioneers this.

The biggest thing I think is going to be how wire(s) are run maybe down the A pillar without animalizing the trim.

There is a very good write-up on the Mustang Source on how to install a "salvaged" Homelink module in the dome light console. I followed the instructions for a Homelink for my '09 GT500 and when I traded for the '11 I moved it over. I bought a '07-'09 console w/alarm for the Homelink and moved the guts from the '11 console to the '09 console. The only thing I lost was the "Passenger Air Bag Off" light. (it still lights up, just can't see it as it's inside the console). :peelout:

http://forums.themus...98/#post5592480

I'm in the process of installing the 2012 visor with mirror light & home link into my 2011 vert. The wiring harness is $11.57, which I've ordered but has not come in yet. I don't have the part # yet, but when I do I will post it. The visor listed for $283; my dealer sold it to me for $257. It appaears the convertible visor is more expensive than the coupe's The part # for the convertible visor is BR3Z*7604105*DA The harness coming out of the visor is a simple 2 prong plug to receive 12v power. The dealer has told me that the harness that I've ordered actually travels across to the passenger side and then down to the passenger side floor where it will plug in to another harness. The magic question is there a place to plug this new harness into the existing harness. If so the job will be done; if not the dealer said he will be able to wire it directly the fuse box. I will post my results when the job is done.

I'm in the process of installing the 2012 visor with mirror light & home link into my 2011 vert. The wiring harness is $11.57, which I've ordered but has not come in yet. I don't have the part # yet, but when I do I will post it. The visor listed for $283; my dealer sold it to me for $257. It appaears the convertible visor is more expensive than the coupe's The part # for the convertible visor is BR3Z*7604105*DA The harness coming out of the visor is a simple 2 prong plug to receive 12v power. The dealer has told me that the harness that I've ordered actually travels across to the passenger side and then down to the passenger side floor where it will plug in to another harness. The magic question is there a place to plug this new harness into the existing harness. If so the job will be done; if not the dealer said he will be able to wire it directly the fuse box. I will post my results when the job is done.

Oo-rah! Thanks

How is it going?

How is it going?

I am the parts manager at Freehold Ford in NJ and owner of 2010 vert. I ordered the visors for myself. When I researched the part #'s I figured there would have to be some kind of harness running thru the pillar for obvious reasons. The little harness they list for the 2012 is actually listed for 2010's and 2011's as well. Same exact part #. So I did NOT order it. I've worked on late model Harleys and they actually have wiring harnesses that allow future upgrades without splicing and dicing. I assumed this would be the same. Well this evening I removed my driver side visor (which takes about 25 seconds) and kinda stuck my finger in the little opening hoping to grab ahold of some harness. None to be found. So I put the old visor back in (which takes about 25 seconds) and scratched my head. Why would I order a harness that's supposed to already be in my pillar? Like I said the catalog lists the exact same part # for 2010 thru 2012. Perhaps it's wrong. I'll figure it out. Meanwhile anybody that needs this or ANYTHING for their Shelby feel free to contact me or my counterpeople at (800)411-FORD. You'll get 10% over dealer cost + actual shipping cost. Oh yeah. Another cool thing that nobody mentioned about these visors is they slide back and forth about 6 inches in case the sun tries to 'f' with you. Pretty cool, Steve.

I am the parts manager at Freehold Ford in NJ and owner of 2010 vert. I ordered the visors for myself. When I researched the part #'s I figured there would have to be some kind of harness running thru the pillar for obvious reasons. The little harness they list for the 2012 is actually listed for 2010's and 2011's as well. Same exact part #. So I did NOT order it. I've worked on late model Harleys and they actually have wiring harnesses that allow future upgrades without splicing and dicing. I assumed this would be the same. Well this evening I removed my driver side visor (which takes about 25 seconds) and kinda stuck my finger in the little opening hoping to grab ahold of some harness. None to be found. So I put the old visor back in (which takes about 25 seconds) and scratched my head. Why would I order a harness that's supposed to already be in my pillar? Like I said the catalog lists the exact same part # for 2010 thru 2012. Perhaps it's wrong. I'll figure it out. Meanwhile anybody that needs this or ANYTHING for their Shelby feel free to contact me or my counterpeople at (800)411-FORD. You'll get 10% over dealer cost + actual shipping cost. Oh yeah. Another cool thing that nobody mentioned about these visors is they slide back and forth about 6 inches in case the sun tries to 'f' with you. Pretty cool, Steve.

can you give us the prices for the two mirrors or at least pm me?

i also would like the prices for the two door blindspot mirrors from the 2011-2012 can i get a price on those as well.

shipped to 70454.

Keep us posted and thank you!

Looks like this is going to require running a pwr wire down one side or the other. Big question to me is how is the A pillar trim removed without animalizing.

Does it pry off, or snap off?

Archived