TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Extreme front brakes

springer

With the 33% discount on the Extreme brakes, I couldn't resist the urge to buy the Shelby Extreme front brake package today. It seems like the old SGT doesn't quite stop the same since the SC conversion! I can't quite figure that out! :banghead:

Anyone else popping for these brakes?

Any reviews by those that have the Extreme brakes?

With the 33% discount on the Extreme brakes, I couldn't resist the urge to buy the Shelby Extreme front brake package today. It seems like the old SGT doesn't quite stop the same since the SC conversion! I can't quite figure that out! :banghead:

Anyone else popping for these brakes?

Any reviews by those that have the Extreme brakes?

BEST MONEY I EVER SPENT.

No kidding.

I put the Extremes on the front, and Eradispeed +2 on the rear -

On the track at the Bash, I was wondering why everyone else was braking so early... <grin>

My wife was in the car for a few laps, and even she remarked "I can see why you spent the money, this thing's on rails".

Put stainless lines all around, and use a high-temp fluid (Motul, A'te) and you'll be happy. And follow the bedding/seasoning procedures!

Congrats on a smart move.

Jer

Thanks Jer, sounds like I made a good decision today. I just found this ebay auction for the Extreme brakes. At the bottom of the auction page is a great video comparing the stock SGT brakes against the GT/SC brake package (upgraded rotors, stainless brake lines and improved pads) and the Baer Extreme brakes installed on another SGT/SC . The braking differences between the three are amazing. While the GT/SC brake package is a very nice improvement over the stock SGT brakes, the Baer Extreme brake package was an unbelievable improvement over the GT/SC brake package. I should have upgraded to these last year!!!! ( I believe the seller in this ebay auction is affiliated with Shelby Performance Parts, as they have the Extremes listed at the same price as the Shelby store.)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-11-Shelby-Extreme-Plus-Brake-System-Front-SALE-/280631842420?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4156f61674

Is this the same pricing Shelby PP has on them?

The ebay auction is priced the same as Shelby Performance Parts - with the same color of calipers. Try this link Swede.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-11-Shelby-Extreme-Plus-Brake-System-Front-SALE-/280631842420?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4156f61674

John, what color did you go with? I'm pretty damn close to pulling the trigger myself. I just need to figure out my 'please forgive me' speech for the wife.

I purchased the silver calipers with blue lettering.

The ebay auction is priced the same as Shelby Performance Parts - with the same color of calipers. Try this link Swede.

Thanks. Yes that is a good price.

Archived