TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Is this real? CS6 convertible

1965coupe

Has a Paxton Supercharger but I don't see any other CS-6 parts. Kind of like putting a roots supercharger in a Mustang and calling it a GT-500.

I asked him about its authenticity (it really upsets me when people label their cars as being something they are not), and he said it's not a 'signed' CS6, so he's only asking $20k.

As far as the modifications, they were done by a 'registered' shop.

:doh:

I asked him about its authenticity (it really upsets me when people label their cars as being something they are not), and he said it's not a 'signed' CS6, so he's only asking $20k.

As far as the modifications, they were done by a 'registered' shop.

:doh:

This is a base V6.....sorry...with a "Pony Package"..no dual exhaust...no hood...no hood pins....no front fascia..no driving lights, .no rear fascia, no side scoops...no rotors..no brakes..no wheels..no suspension....blah..blah..blah..

At best it is a supercharged V6 and we can't even tell if that's correct or if it's tuned for that car...

I'm very leery about black seats in a parchment car as I haven't seen this before and don't believe it was available and the V6 option were never available with a cloth roof only vinyl.

My best guess is this vehicle was trashed and they bought what ever was available to put it back together.

I'd stay clear of this vehicle at all cost..

This is a base V6.....sorry...with a "Pony Package"..no dual exhaust...no hood...no hood pins....no front fascia..no driving lights, .no rear fascia, no side scoops...no rotors..no brakes..no wheels..no suspension....blah..blah..blah..

At best it is a supercharged V6 and we can't even tell if that's correct or if it's tuned for that car...

I'm very leery about black seats in a parchment car as I haven't seen this before and don't believe it was available and the V6 option were never available with a cloth roof only vinyl.

My best guess is this vehicle was trashed and they bought what ever was available to put it back together.

I'd stay clear of this vehicle at all cost..

I wouldn't consider the car as I have the SGT, but I like to learn everything I can about special edition Mustangs; if I can avoid an illegitimately modified car, or at least help someone else, then I'm happy!

I always had to educate people on the 2004 Mustangs - all '04 Mustang owners think they have the 'Anniversary Edition' car because of the fender badges - wrong! Only about 5000 '04 Mustangs had the 40th Edition Packages (colors, stripes, cloth convertible tops, additional badges, special wheels, etc.). I got so sick of seeing every '04 advertised as a 'Special Edition'; to this day I'm still seeing it as a problem - I've yet to find a real 40th on the market.

:censored:

I just hate to see people duped into something that's a fraud - paying $20k for a V6 convertible that's just that, a V6 convertible (what's it actually worth? More like 12-15k?)

For all we know the seller was duped himself, but seeing how he's located in La Mesa it's more likely the Sun got him. :lol:

I've seen other Mustangs both V6 and GT wearing Shelby badging after the car was modded by an Authorized Shelby 'Retailer' where the car's owner was under the impression there Mustang was now a Shelby.

I've seen other Mustangs both V6 and GT wearing Shelby badging after the car was modded by an Authorized Shelby 'Retailer' where the car's owner was under the impression there Mustang was now a Shelby.

That could well be the case but the CS cars are maligned enough without someone saying that their, otherwise stock, blown six is a CS. Having said that anyone that can operate a google image search would quickly find out that it's not.

Archived