TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New GT500 owner in TX

Pauley_Walnuts

I have been reading your forum for almost a year now. Very informative and instructional. I used to consider myself a car enthusiast until I starting reading how much you guys/gals love your cars and the knowledge you all have. For that, I thank you. :rockon:

I had been looking for a late model Shelby to purchase for about a year now. After having many, many test drives, I determined that I liked the new technology, engines, and drive of the '10/'11 mustangs, but just couldn't justify paying that much. I settled on a 2011 Ford Mustang GT, however my ordered got canceled after waiting around for 45 days (long story).....So I resumed my hunt for a late model Shelby and found her on the week of Christmas. The asking price was way too low, so I expected this was too good to be true. I declined to listen to my intuition, flew out to see the car and drove her home on Christmas Eve (400 miles). BEST CHRISTMAS PRESENT EVER! :happy feet:

I am very excited and happy to join the Ford and more importantly the Shelby family of vehicle owners. I drive my Shelby every day (Daily Driver) and has changed how I look at my departure to and from work!

Looking forward to conversing with you all and hopefully one day meeting some of you!

Paul

Congrats Paul and welcome to Team Shelby! Your car is a beauty.

Make sure to check the Southern Plains regional section as Texas is VERY active almost year round. I am the regional director for Texas and my brother Warren (Dubbsfaris) is the director for TX, AR, OK and LA.

I look forward to meeting you at one of the many events here in Texas.

Take care,

Sean

East Plano, about 15 miles of Dallas.

Nice! Check out SCATRACK.org for the Shelby Cobra Association of Texas. We get together once a month or more thru out the summer. We mainly meet in the North Dallas area so it's in your back yard. Several folks here including myself are members in addition to TS. There isn't much listed on the calendar as of yet but will be soon.

Jason

Nice! Check out SCATRACK.org for the Shelby Cobra Association of Texas. We get together once a month or more thru out the summer. We mainly meet in the North Dallas area so it's in your back yard. Several folks here including myself are members in addition to TS. There isn't much listed on the calendar as of yet but will be soon.

Jason

Jason,

Would you mind posting SCAT events in TS? I never seem to remember to check their website, but I spend plenty of time here. I'd like to come every once in awhile.

Thanks,

Earl

Congrats! Be glad your GT order got cancelled as you would have still wanted a Shelby in the long run. That is what happened to me. I bought my 05 GT and then immediately wanted a Shelby when they came out. I ended up dumping a lot of money into my GT only to sell it 3 years later to buy my dream car. Needless to say, I am much happier as I have the car I always wanted. :)

Jason,

Would you mind posting SCAT events in TS? I never seem to remember to check their website, but I spend plenty of time here. I'd like to come every once in awhile.

Thanks,

Earl

Will do, in fact I have in the past just not consistently. Everyone is welcome to attend the SCAT events, not just Shelby owners.

Archived