TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Ford Racing engraved Cam covers

Check out these new FRPP covers for '11 (available in blue or black). I found pics on another forum as someone received a set for Christmas, but I am very bummed as I just bought a set of blue FRPP covers 2 months ago and would have easily sprung for the additional $40 for the etching!! Looks like you can get them from buyfordracing.com for $269 shipped

But as with the new CS covers, the engraving could have easily been a bit larger.

82054d1293308648t-new-2011-frpp-3v-cam-covers-frpp-intake-035.jpg

82055d1293308648t-new-2011-frpp-3v-cam-covers-frpp-intake-041.jpg

Ok double poster, your car's paint looks too good. You're making the rest of the blue shelby gt's pain look dull and boring! Look at that shine!

ops, didn't notice the double post. Did it from the iPhone. I detail it almost every weekend but it might just be a good camera... hysterical.gif

Check out these new FRPP covers for '11 (available in blue or black). I found pics on another forum as someone received a set for Christmas, but I am very bummed as I just bought a set of blue FRPP covers 2 months ago and would have easily sprung for the additional $40 for the etching!! Looks like you can get them from buyfordracing.com for $269 shipped

But as with the new CS covers, the engraving could have easily been a bit larger.

82054d1293308648t-new-2011-frpp-3v-cam-covers-frpp-intake-035.jpg

82055d1293308648t-new-2011-frpp-3v-cam-covers-frpp-intake-041.jpg

check out Ford's racing parts 2011 catalog as they got some new valve covers for vintage engines too! They got this same Blue in 351 Cleveland valve covers and wow that'll get your attention

• 2 weeks later...

I posted this information in the Shelby Parts section, but forgot to post it here also. Tommie Vaughn Ford has Ford Racing laser etched Cam Covers in blue or black. $259 for a very limited time. Not sure if they are still available, but you can try.

I'd love to have Shelby ones, but these look REAL good to me!!!

Tommie Vaughn's # is 713-802-6600. Ask for Anthony “ I WANT NEW VALVE COVERS” Hoekstra

I like THESE...

Jer

shelvalvcovers.jpg

shelvalvcovers.jpg

Are these the mythical 'Race' Cam Covers!?

That's MY theory...

They were on display at the Shelby Gift Store this past weekend... The salesperson there was too busy to ask...

Jer

I am even more frustrated now after seeing the pricing at CJ Ponyparts as these list for $279 and with their current 10% off deal (along with free shipping), these are only $20 more than I paid for the plain ones!!!

I feel your pain. I recently installed a set of the plain blue ones too. But even thoses look pretty nice.

That's MY theory...

They were on display at the Shelby Gift Store this past weekend... The salesperson there was too busy to ask...

Jer

I tried to buy them. I was told they were not for sale they were a prototype. So Robert.........whats the story? :waiting:

I'd like a set of the Shelby GT covers in brushed, polished, or even painted white with etched silver lettering. Unfortunately, it looks like the only way I'll get that is to have them custom fabricated.

Hmm , I've put together a couple of other group buys in the past. Maybe that's something I should look into. Not sure Shelby does the group buy thing though. It may be more of a 'whatever we decide we're doing is what we're doing', period.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to buy them. I was told they were not for sale they were a prototype. So Robert.........whats the story? :waiting:

Yeah Robert... :waiting:

I tried to buy them too! I didn't know Dave already beat me to the punch.

Either way, I'm definitely waiting till these are available to buy with the Shelby etching on them.

Archived