TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 suspension diff from GT?

rsb5772

Are the springs/shocks/struts any different on a GT500, from a GT. 2011 in particular? I'm wanting better handling/cornering on my '11 GT, but I don't think I can lower it any, due to my tire sizes. Are there any higher rate springs that still sit at stock height? I'm going to replace both sway bars (Steeda) also. Thanks.

Good question. I would assume the spring and strut rates are different between the two as the weight of the two cars is substantially different ~200 to 300lbs. I would not recommend using GT500 springs and struts on a GT.

2011 GT Specs

2011 GT500 Specs

When looking for better handling I would go with a suspension package specifically designed for the GT, or one that is adjustable. And, unless you are running 12inch wide wheels or SuperSwampers for tires you should be able to lower your GT. People regularly run a lowered Mustangs on 20x9/20x10 or even 11's on the rear.

Good question. I would assume the spring and strut rates are different between the two as the weight of the two cars is substantially different ~200 to 300lbs. I would not recommend using GT500 springs and struts on a GT.

2011 GT Specs

2011 GT500 Specs

When looking for better handling I would go with a suspension package specifically designed for the GT, or one that is adjustable. And, unless you are running 12inch wide wheels or SuperSwampers for tires you should be able to lower your GT. People regularly run a lowered Mustangs on 20x9/20x10 or even 11's on the rear.

Interesting to note that the GT5.0 stabilizer bar is .6 mil larger thant the GT500 according the the specs given above.

Archived