TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Picked up my GT350 today!

tony356

Shelby's picture of my delivery on photobucket

1st impressions are the power is sick, the fit and finish are excellent, the sound is soooo good it might actually be better to be behind the car instead of behind the wheel, the chasis is superb, the ride is more compliant on the street then I thought it would be, steering is precise, tranny is good, shifter is different then the 500 but good (needs a short shift), huge brakes were probably overkill but will see after the first road course day, 3.73 takes some getting used too and overall after all the wait and stress - I'm very impressed with the car.

We were at Shelby around 10am today and went thru the car completely, took a tour of the factory (no photos were allowed - sorry) and took her for a nice test drive. We spent some more money at the museum store and headed on our way. Our 1st stop was the Hoover Dam. The parking lot was a bit tight and nerve racking but I finally found a decent spot. Amelia and I took the tour and it truly is one of Americas greatest engineering accomplishments. Then we hit some more open road and I was amazed that at 90mph in 6th the car is running about 2500rpm or about 22mpg if you stay off the boost. Speed limit on i40 in az is 75 and everyone is doing 85 so it was fun. We hit some of route 66 and stopes in kinsman az at mr. D'z diner. A route 66 landmark and a decent burger too. Then we headed back out and just checked in a mile south of the southern rim of the grand canyon. It's 30 degrees here now so I'm glad we got here earlier since this is no weather for summer tires. I will post my own car pics in the next day or so.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Car looks great! I think what I love most about this car so far is the smiles it has given the lucky owners, they just cannot be matched, the old proverbial kid in a candy shop look.

Have fun and drive safe on the way back, no tickets! You should also try and get some pictures of your car at some of the stops along the way, will make an excellent photo album as well us updates on the board here.

Thanks for sharing Tony , I also really like your hood without the GT350 in front of the hood scoop to me that makes the car look more like the original imho, and makes the car look that much better. Congrats & Enjoy !!!! :happy feet: :happy feet:

Scotty

Tony

One of the big things I love about your car that hasn't been seen is the Intercooloer with "SHELBY" subtly showing from the lower inlet. That would look menacing suddenly appearing in someone's rearview mirror!!! Just really cool!

Greg, I saw that! I think when I get to NJ, and get settled, I'm gonna take the frt. bmpr. cover off the BMW and do a stencil spray job on the intercooler on it just like that!

Good catch!

BIKEBOY

EDIT: Maybe I'll stencil "REVO EVOM" !

Thanks all. No wifi at ournhotel here in nm. Soent the day at the grand canyon and put another 300 miles on here today. Can't load pics with current 3G service. Maybe tomorrow after another 600 mile day the hotel will have wifi. I have taken a lot of the car pictures that I wanted to see while I was waiting. I'll get them up I promise. It's a pleasure to drive but it really would be happier running harder due tqo the tune. Btw no tickets yet.

Congratulations, Tony! What a beautiful car. I just happened to be at Shelby Friday morning and saw you arrive in the limo. (I'm the guy who accused you of child abuse when you put your daughter behind the wheel.) Amelia looked even more excited than you did! Yours is the 3rd delivery I've witnessed, I need to stop spending so much time at the Mother Ship, I think...

That is what life is all about - you, your daughter, and Shelby. As it has been stated before PRICELESS!!!

On the drivers side, on the jam - looks like a Shelby gold sticker, is that correct? :headscratch:

Lets see: college and a Shelby to go to it. Tony start saving those pennies, your daughter's smile and the pride you have for her, tells me it's in her future.

WELL DONE!

Doc :salute:

Archived