TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Airport Full Body Scanners

I'm gonna go off in a totally different direction this morning for a bit.

Last week when the wife and I headed down to NJ to house hunt, we were asked to step into the full body scanner at the Pearson Airport in Toronto. They seemingly do random picking of folks to send them into the 'ONE' and only line that has one of these monstrous, intimidating looking contraptions. Well, for whatever reason, we were asked to wait in that particular line. As we approached this thing, I could see a sign that basically explained that you still have the right to deny stepping into it. However, if you decline, you get a full pat-down search.

My wife was in front of me, and as the sheep that she is, she stepped into it. You have to put your arms up and turn around doing a full 360. I was next. I was having no part of this damn thing, as I am of the belief that we ALL get way more radiation in life from things that we not only know of, but things we probably have no idea of! Therefore, I declined. The guys says to me, with attitude, of course, OK, well you know I have to pat you down? I said, great go for it. He used the palms of his hands, and patted me down out in front of everyone, not behind any screenwall or anything. I frankly didn't care, but I could see that a woman might be uncomfortable with that. He absolutely ran his hands up into my groin and yes, he made 'contact'.

How does everyone else feel about these machines? I'm curious to see your input. We are getting way too much radiation in other things in life that we have NO control over...it doesn't make any sense to me to just volunteer getting more!

Thoughts???? :)

btw- I was on YouTube this morning looking to see if my wife's scan has appeared on there yet!!! :hysterical:

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I ever get drunk enough to Fly..........................I think it would really freak them out if you did a wierd Pose inside.......................... Do the Pose that all the Football Players used to do or do Mr Atlas, or the Incredible Hulk or the Thinking Man.................... :hysterical:

If I ever get drunk enough to Fly..........................I think it would really freak them out if you did a wierd Pose inside.......................... Do the Pose that all the Football Players used to do or do Mr Atlas, or the Incredible Hulk or the Thinking Man.................... :hysterical:

Hahahaha...The Thinker would be great, because as you set up to do it, they would think you were going down to get in the fetal postion....Awwww, YEAH, the fetal position!! That would be awesome!!

My grandfather went his entire 83 years and NEVER stepped onto an airplane! I hope you aren't planning on doing that tes? What if you had a loved one come down ill, far away in an instant? Then what? :waiting:

Hahahaha...The Thinker would be great, because as you set up to do it, they would think you were going down to get in the fetal postion....Awwww, YEAH, the fetal position!! That would be awesome!!

My grandfather went his entire 83 years and NEVER stepped onto an airplane! I hope you aren't planning on doing that tes? What if you had a loved one come down ill, far away in an instant? Then what? :waiting:

:tequila: :tequila: :tequila: :tequila: :tequila: :tequila: :tequila: :tequila: :tequila: :tequila:

I think its total BULLSHIPT and I would opt for the pat down as well.

It would be pretty fun if you brought an extra pair of pants and underwear in your carry on and when they are patting you down then you start to piss your pants and of course let out a HUGE fart that would totally freak them out; and have your buddy behind you taping it on her or his cellphone to put on youtube later that day.

I KNow I know my sence of humour does not apply to all.........

It would be pretty fun if you brought an extra pair of pants and underwear in your carry on and when they are patting you down then you start to piss your pants and of course let out a HUGE fart that would totally freak them out; and have your buddy behind you taping it on her or his cellphone to put on youtube later that day.

Wouldn't that be considered a "Terrorist Act".............................. :hysterical:

:hysterical2:

I think that would be too dang funny. Be sure to let us know when you get that posted up on Youtube.

I thought it was pretty damn funny. Similar story...My dad had to cross into Canada a few years ago and they put him in some room with 2 way windows and cameras for whatever reason...probably to run some checks. According to him, he went in there and started picking his nose and flicking boogers. He said they immediately came in the room and told him he was free to go.

Riddle me this Batman.

Has there been any, even a single, "terrorist" with bombs or anyone with intent ever been caught going through the airport scanners? Sure, there are lots of kids with knives and even a few people with handguns - but noone that could be identified as having intent of taking a plane down.

It's a waste of time and money. All it gives is a false feeling of security. A way to give more worthless government employees pensions. These are the ones that couldn't get into the postal service. Make you feel better?

As demonstrated, it's lots easier to get by air cargo.

Oh, don't bring any toner or ink jet cartridges on your flight.

I hate flying for this reason. What a crock.

OK...so now, on the return trip back to Toronto from Newark. Nothing quite as interesting as the scanner, but just an observation...........................

Riddle Me This Batman? How many people STILL believe it is OK to bring a 'BIC' lighter on an airplane???

Well, by the looks of the plastic see-through bucket at the TSA inspection point in Newark the other day....................some people are still challenging the system! The pumpkin sized bowl was half full! Really??? Are you freakin' kidding me? That many people live under rocks? Or, have no TV? I know you were all born before 9/11!! :angry22:

Once upon a time I traveled three weeks out of every month. I few all over the county and many parts of the EU & Asia. Of all the airports I passed through the most strengent with security was a little two gate rat whole of an airport in Washington state. I kept a bullet shaped laser pointer in my briefcase for presentations, it was confiscated because it was bullet shaped. TSA knew full well that it was a laser pointer. Some people just cannot think for themselves.

I'm all for the increased security at airports and don't mind the additional time it takes to travel because of it but the direction this country is taking on just about everything was predicted my a little movie call 'Idiocracy'.

OK...so now, on the return trip back to Toronto from Newark. Nothing quite as interesting as the scanner, but just an observation...........................

Riddle Me This Batman? How many people STILL believe it is OK to bring a 'BIC' lighter on an airplane???

Well, by the looks of the plastic see-through bucket at the TSA inspection point in Newark the other day....................some people are still challenging the system! The pumpkin sized bowl was half full! Really??? Are you freakin' kidding me? That many people live under rocks? Or, have no TV? I know you were all born before 9/11!! :angry22:

So let me see...A strange guy feeling yur balls will stop the plane from blowing up!!!

Uhhh got it... :doh:

Yep, habit more than anything. Another example. I used to carry a two-blade-with-screwdriver-and-lid-lifter Swiss Army Knife. Used it to disassemble a tank once. Anyway, it was my favorite tool.

Spent almost 4 hours in line to get through Security (yep, to go out of DIA I still arrive a minimum of 3 hours early, will be there 4 hours early now). Got to the head of the line, emptied my pockets of keys and change and there was my knife. Guy said I could go back out and mail it to myself (oh yeah, and spend 4 more hours in line for a $10 knife?) I tossed it in the bin. Don't carry one any more. At all.

Guys, it's just a job. The person looking at the scanner is off site and doesn't see your face. I could care less....scan me or pat me down, i'm just one of a thousand that day that passed through the scanner.

Riddle me this: Lets say you opt for the pat down. Do you think they'll catch you trying to get through security with a flat shaped knife made of polymer that's taped to your shin? I say you'll get though security without a hiccup. If I were a terrorist, I would assemble a team with sharpened plastic/polymer knives taped somewhere on your body and opt for the pat down vs the body scan. Guarantee they'll miss it and you'll skip on past with your weapon.

I once went through a pat down security check point (NOT at an airport) with a Sig Sauer P-239 .40 handgun which was located at the 4 O'clock position on the waist and the guy completely missed it. I got passed security with a fully loaded handgun. How secure do you think you really are ?

DISCLAIMER: Before anyone gets the wrong idea, I was lawfully able to carry that handgun into that secured area had I opted to ID myself to the person doing security beforehand. I was simply testing how secure their check point was and they failed....miserably I might add.

Archived