TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Should or Shouldnt

Well I have the roushcharged decals for my hood scoop that came with my SC should I put them on the scoop or not? I know its a Shelby but hey it does have a Roushcharger. I love the look of the decals but am a lil torn about if I should or not.. I was wanting something on the sides of the scoop and they fir perfect on there.

I think the SGT is the best looking mustang ever made. It's simple, elegant, and purposeful looking. You start slapping stuff on that detracts from the overall look and I think you can soon have just another Frankencar that's not sure what it's trying to be! I've never understood this need to attach every branding possible on a car. Like the brake light cover that says "Shelby" one inch above the trim letters that say "Shelby". But again this is just my opinion and you did ask!

I just ask a VERY simple question before I ad anything:

"Would Ford or Shelby attach this to the car?"

Well I have the roushcharged decals for my hood scoop that came with my SC should I put them on the scoop or not? I know its a Shelby but hey it does have a Roushcharger. I love the look of the decals but am a lil torn about if I should or not.. I was wanting something on the sides of the scoop and they fir perfect on there.

It is your car do what makes you happy !

That is how I ended up with painted on Black stripes !

web.jpg

Take Care

Andrew

Shelby and Jack are long time friends but I wouldn't put any decals on the scoop. Roush, Shelby or otherwise. Try the rear decklid to the left or right of the faux cap and stripes.

But as Andrew says, it's your Shelby. Do what you like. That's all that matters. Besides, they can always be removed with little to no effort.

First, I say that Jeff is sooo right about the SGT, even though I drive the 500. No rear deck spoiler...simple grille design...car makes a strong statement, without making a strong statement!??? Perhaps my love interest in the Bullitt?

Second, Andrew's car is BITCHIN'!!! So, his is modded slightly. Hmmmmm. What do you say to that? In my mind it's very tasteful modding. I've posted that to him before.

Now, as for the RoushCharger decal on your car...IMHO, since you've asked...No. Too much. I have badge-itus, and I still wouldn't. Keep 'em guessin'!

BIKEBOY

Very very good points guys and I agree I will leave them off. I love the look of my car right now anyway and dont think it needs much more. Maybe some headlight splitters and prepainted mirror covers and im done on the exterior. I kinda like people not knowing either whats under the hood but figured I would ask. But I do like my Shelby brake light cover Jeff!!! lol :D

Very very good points guys and I agree I will leave them off. I love the look of my car right now anyway and dont think it needs much more. Maybe some headlight splitters and prepainted mirror covers and im done on the exterior. I kinda like people not knowing either whats under the hood but figured I would ask. But I do like my Shelby brake light cover Jeff!!! lol :D

If you are thinking of painted mirror covers 2BIGFRED, check out this look.......

I have AGENT47's on my white car, and I love 'em!! But these would pop painted just like this on your black SGT...of course, JMHO! They would match your stripes.

BIKEBOY

I say "NO" - for all of the reasons stated above AND I don't want anyone knowing "what's under the hood", I like to keep it stealthy to a degree! I've got an Edelbrock E-Force charger, but no stickers or labels for me!

Sam

Steathy, until you lean on the go pedal and hear the typhoon building to glorious scream.... :superhero:

If you are thinking of painted mirror covers 2BIGFRED, check out this look.......

I have AGENT47's on my white car, and I love 'em!! But these would pop painted just like this on your black SGT...of course, JMHO! They would match your stripes.

BIKEBOY

These are nice I think americanmuscle has those.

I know....I wrote that to give you a hard time!

:happy feet:

There you go good choice ...... GG

Archived