TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008-2009 Shelby GT500KR Black Wheels!

robertlane

These look amazing. Just amazing. They would look great on a red KR. I'd consider putting a red paint stripe around the rim if I had a red KR. I'll mount one of these on a red KR Thursday and snap a photo.

I'm thinking that we'll make a really small run of these at $599.00 each,

These look amazing. Just amazing. They would look great on a red KR. I'd consider putting a red paint stripe around the rim if I had a red KR. I'll mount one of these on a red KR Thursday and snap a photo.

These would look great on red and black KRs. :yup: Don't know about the silver and blue KRs though. :headscratch:

Are original 18" KR wheels still available to KR owners?

Not trying to give you a hard time, Robert (well, maybe a little bit), but why do you tease us with this kind of thing? When we were trying to get shiny KR wheels but without KR imprinted in them, we were told that Alcoa would not do a small run. Now they will? If so, that would be great but a black finish, while it looks good on some color cars, does not look so good on other color cars. It is a beautiful wheel (which is why I tracked down and bought a set) but I would still like to have a set that did not say KR on them, out of deference to the KR guys.

It is approaching the holidays. Sure would be a nice present . . . .

Jim

Not trying to give you a hard time, Robert (well, maybe a little bit), but why do you tease us with this kind of thing? When we were trying to get shiny KR wheels but without KR imprinted in them, we were told that Alcoa would not do a small run. Now they will? If so, that would be great but a black finish, while it looks good on some color cars, does not look so good on other color cars. It is a beautiful wheel (which is why I tracked down and bought a set) but I would still like to have a set that did not say KR on them, out of deference to the KR guys.

Jim

:lurk:

Jim

I am guessing these are the 'regular' Alcoas that are just sent off to the Powder Coater. No changes for Alcos themselves.

These are wheels that already exist and changed. It's not a new run of wheels guys...

New wheels with different offsets and widths is extremely expensive to tool.

We've been playing around with the idea of offering the GT500KR 18" wheel in a black powder coating.

Here's the result :happy feet:

gt500kr_wheel1.jpg

gt500kr_wheel2.jpg

What do you think?

I am getting a set!

Robert, please put me down for a set! Thanks

How about 18 inch Aloca's without the KR LOGO AND IN DURABRITE OR BLACK POWDER COAT. We have all been wanting them for over 2 years. Let's make it happen , at one time I had a list with over 78 people that were will to pay 50-100% up front. So why can't Shelby Performance Parts post a sticky thread and take a survey and truely see how many of us will buy them and let's make it happen for us loyal members and non-members. The demand is there it is up to SAI to make it happen. My money is ready and waiting on you guys to make them.

Respectfully ,

Scotty

Is that $599 for the set?

Need pics on a KR.

I think the problem with making the wheels without a the KR logo is that the wheels were to my understanding part of the group of KR specific parts not for availability to non KR owners. Unless SAI is changing its position on the wheels even without the KR logo which they shouldn't out of deference to KR owners. Sorry. Thats MHO.

That would be great Robert, I'm interested to see how these look on a Red KR.

Thats the point, I don't want to buy a KR I just want the 18" alcoas.

I'm with you on that...

I kind of like one of the "options" on the new V-6 Mustang (not exactly sure of the size & specs):mst11_acc_18wheel.jpg

Obviously the center cap would need to change... But I like the clean, no logos or branding on these drool.gif

Probably why I have decided to stick with my OEM Chrome wheels from the beginning...

Gregg

07SGT0547

Jim

I couldn't have said it better. I also love the look of the 18" KR wheels, but would prefer to have a set that does not have GT500KR on them. A nice present would be a set that had SGT/SC on them!...

Thats the point, I don't want to buy a KR I just want the 18" alcoas.

The main point is I don't think SAI will do an Alcoa KR wheel without the KR logo. They set aside certain KR specific parts reserved just for KRs. You can get the 20" SS wheel without the SS logos. Similar to the KR wheel but larger. Some actually like them better then the 18s.

Archived