TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Woo Hoo!!!!!!

DubbsFaris

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for everyone's patience! It has been a crazy couple of days!!!!

So here is the full story, start to finish:

Got the call Tuesday night, and immediately set the plan in motion- I had a very tight window to get it, so I needed to get a last minute plane ticket, and hope someone could drive my truck and trailer for me. I was very happy Jeff was there for me, although he had commitments to do a clutch on a GT500 on Saturday morning. I ran the mileage on the map program and if we could pick it up and get it loaded by 2pm, we could make it by 8am wth no stopping. (more on this later) I was lucky Jeff could go, because Sean was already in Pennsylvania setting up an East Coast event for our friends out there next May, and of course Rick is in the middle of moving to Tennessee. Roger gave me a perfect time to pick up, 12PM PST. My plane was scheduled to land at 11:35AM, but since I flew Southwest, we actuay made it there, and standing in baggage claim at 11:15.

I met a guy holding a card with my name in a tuxedo that looked like Michael Buffer. His name is Randy, and he drives me up to Shelby, and seemed to have no idea what the car was, and never been to SA, although his has lived there his whole life.

We pull up to the museum entrance, and as I get out, I am shocked as there is a small crowd gathered around with cameras and camcorders, all pointed at me. I wasnt expecting that, and although Im not really a shy guy, it did catch me offguard. I walk toward the entrance, and Roger comes out to greet me, and takes me to the welcome sign on a podium stand, and the car is there, roped off, and Im already just in shock. Ive seen this car in person, and it still just is such a stunner! I couldn't beleive here it is...the car I have dreamed of, tuned out my wife's talking, and spent countless hours rereading every thread in this section. Roger shows me the car, under the hood is really nice, the interior is awesome, and the rear stripes are really what I hoped for. Since Jeff got there right before me, they even had time to put the custom plates I had ordered for it. I couldnt be happier with my choices.

Next, Roger took me into the museum, and showed me all of the goodies we get as museum delivery owners. I am going to choose to keep those things to myself, because I want everyone to have some level of surprise for their own deliveries. I will say, a couple things I really liked out of the goodies!! I then got my two minutes of fame with a very tall Carroll, but he wasnt much for talking. :hysterical: I did get a few minutes to talk with John Luft, and he seemed pretty excited for me, which I really appreciated him coming into the museum for the delivery.

Roger then informed me that the delivery came with a tour, so I grabbed Jeff, and our new friends that were there in the museum, and a couplr strangers who just wanted the tour, and Steve started walking us through it. Honestly, I made it about 5 minutes into the tour before I asked Steve to continue the tour for the others and I went over to Gary P. and said, lets go see what this thing can do!!

Gary and I jumped in the car and took off North on 15. I went pretty easy on it though, and was still shocked at the power. Im not sure I ever even got into the SC, and I know I didnt get into the brakes real well, and still got the car up well over 100. Its hard to gauge this car's speed. It really is just much smoother than the GT500. We got back and loaded it on the trailer, and off Jeff and I went.

The drive back was hard. It was nice all the way to Tucson, but then it was so late we knew we were running a couple hours late. I realized I had miscalculated the time zone change. Well, I didnt calculate it. That would put us at 10AM to get back. Jeff went to sleep at 12:30, and I drove till 7, Van Horn, TX. Then I slept for three hours, during which time I slept through a pig encounter. Poor guy missed the truck, but the trailer sits lower. At the next stop we found a lot of pig meat and hair all over the trailer, but the car was clean still. By noon, we realized we were REALLY late, and we had been driving over 80 the whole time. Dont know how we ran so late, but we didnt hit Jeff's in Bastrop until 2:30PM. We took the car off the trailer, and started doing a few rides. The first ride I gave was to Jeff's friend Eric, and that is when I first got on it the right way. Shifting is much different from the 500 with 3:31. 3:73 means that when you hit 6k RPMs, shifting into 2nd and you are already revving at 42-4500...takes a little change in driving style. By the third drive, I had it figured out, and the main thing about this car is the grip is really amazing! We gave drives the rest of the evening, and it was a great time, but I was wiped out. The drive home was fun, and my wife loves the car too.

I do have one odd thing that happened- the exhaust seems to have bent on the driver's side somehow. (engine torque?) I will need to rebend the hangers or find where it slipped out.

Okay, here are the pics from SA-

:happy feet:

http://s260.photobucket.com/albums/ii32/warrenfaris/GT350%20Delivery/

I drove the car for a few miles on Saturday and it is incredible. Great power and handling. Sound is amazing. Fit and finish is first class. happy%20feet.gif

The clutch is WAY different from any manual I have ever driven before. You could push it in with your pinky toe and you only need to push a couple of inches to engage it. Took me a while to get used to that. This clutch is perfect for a car that is driven a lot. Very little effort.

The only negative I can find is the shifter. The stock shifter is a bit of a slush box. Can't wait until Warren buys a FRPP shifter for it!:shift:

I can't wait to get this car on a track and see what it can do! We do have an open track day coming up next month! Lets see if I can get him to sign up....

Hey Warren,

WOW great looking car and sounds amazing to drive!

Been working OT (think bunny trailer) and just had the chance to look and comment.

I am so happy for you my fiend! :happy feet:

David

Wow! Thanks for the great pics of the car and the delivery! Looks like Shelby went all out for the delivery for sure. I'm glad the trip back went ok, except for one less pig in the world lol....Congrats and love ya Warren!

Thanks for everyone's patience! It has been a crazy couple of days!!!!

So here is the full story, start to finish:

Got the call Tuesday night, and immediately set the plan in motion- I had a very tight window to get it, so I needed to get a last minute plane ticket, and hope someone could drive my truck and trailer for me. I was very happy Jeff was there for me, although he had commitments to do a clutch on a GT500 on Saturday morning. I ran the mileage on the map program and if we could pick it up and get it loaded by 2pm, we could make it by 8am wth no stopping. (more on this later) I was lucky Jeff could go, because Sean was already in Pennsylvania setting up an East Coast event for our friends out there next May, and of course Rick is in the middle of moving to Tennessee. Roger gave me a perfect time to pick up, 12PM PST. My plane was scheduled to land at 11:35AM, but since I flew Southwest, we actuay made it there, and standing in baggage claim at 11:15.

I met a guy holding a card with my name in a tuxedo that looked like Michael Buffer. His name is Randy, and he drives me up to Shelby, and seemed to have no idea what the car was, and never been to SA, although his has lived there his whole life.

We pull up to the museum entrance, and as I get out, I am shocked as there is a small crowd gathered around with cameras and camcorders, all pointed at me. I wasnt expecting that, and although Im not really a shy guy, it did catch me offguard. I walk toward the entrance, and Roger comes out to greet me, and takes me to the welcome sign on a podium stand, and the car is there, roped off, and Im already just in shock. Ive seen this car in person, and it still just is such a stunner! I couldn't beleive here it is...the car I have dreamed of, tuned out my wife's talking, and spent countless hours rereading every thread in this section. Roger shows me the car, under the hood is really nice, the interior is awesome, and the rear stripes are really what I hoped for. Since Jeff got there right before me, they even had time to put the custom plates I had ordered for it. I couldnt be happier with my choices.

Next, Roger took me into the museum, and showed me all of the goodies we get as museum delivery owners. I am going to choose to keep those things to myself, because I want everyone to have some level of surprise for their own deliveries. I will say, a couple things I really liked out of the goodies!! I then got my two minutes of fame with a very tall Carroll, but he wasnt much for talking. :hysterical: I did get a few minutes to talk with John Luft, and he seemed pretty excited for me, which I really appreciated him coming into the museum for the delivery.

Roger then informed me that the delivery came with a tour, so I grabbed Jeff, and our new friends that were there in the museum, and a couplr strangers who just wanted the tour, and Steve started walking us through it. Honestly, I made it about 5 minutes into the tour before I asked Steve to continue the tour for the others and I went over to Gary P. and said, lets go see what this thing can do!!

Gary and I jumped in the car and took off North on 15. I went pretty easy on it though, and was still shocked at the power. Im not sure I ever even got into the SC, and I know I didnt get into the brakes real well, and still got the car up well over 100. Its hard to gauge this car's speed. It really is just much smoother than the GT500. We got back and loaded it on the trailer, and off Jeff and I went.

The drive back was hard. It was nice all the way to Tucson, but then it was so late we knew we were running a couple hours late. I realized I had miscalculated the time zone change. Well, I didnt calculate it. That would put us at 10AM to get back. Jeff went to sleep at 12:30, and I drove till 7, Van Horn, TX. Then I slept for three hours, during which time I slept through a pig encounter. Poor guy missed the truck, but the trailer sits lower. At the next stop we found a lot of pig meat and hair all over the trailer, but the car was clean still. By noon, we realized we were REALLY late, and we had been driving over 80 the whole time. Dont know how we ran so late, but we didnt hit Jeff's in Bastrop until 2:30PM. We took the car off the trailer, and started doing a few rides. The first ride I gave was to Jeff's friend Eric, and that is when I first got on it the right way. Shifting is much different from the 500 with 3:31. 3:73 means that when you hit 6k RPMs, shifting into 2nd and you are already revving at 42-4500...takes a little change in driving style. By the third drive, I had it figured out, and the main thing about this car is the grip is really amazing! We gave drives the rest of the evening, and it was a great time, but I was wiped out. The drive home was fun, and my wife loves the car too.

I do have one odd thing that happened- the exhaust seems to have bent on the driver's side somehow. (engine torque?) I will need to rebend the hangers or find where it slipped out.

Okay, here are the pics from SA-

:happy feet:

http://s260.photobucket.com/albums/ii32/warrenfaris/GT350%20Delivery/

Great story Warren. Sounds like the wait was well worth it and it sounds as your evaluation is, to some extent, throwing water on the fires about delays.

LOL!!! I wouldn't mind a bit Springer!!! If its not being driven, its just a glorified, oversized Diecast!!! :happy feet:

Now I did find one problem with the car. Its 80 degrees and sunny, and Im sitting in my office staring at a parked GT350. This SUCKS!!

Thats it, executive decision time!!! I _ AM _ OUTTA _ HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy feet: :shift::lurk:

LOL!!! I wouldn't mind a bit Springer!!! If its not being driven, its just a glorified, oversized Diecast!!! :happy feet:

Now I did find one problem with the car. Its 80 degrees and sunny, and Im sitting in my office staring at a parked GT350. This SUCKS!!

Thats it, executive decision time!!! I _ AM _ OUTTA _ HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy feet: :shift::lurk:

"It's good to be the king".

Jer

:hysterical:

just dont drive it to bid submittals!

:hysterical:

Archived