TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Stripe Delete?

Then I have no explanation for the bozo that had this car before me! Although after reading many of the stripe horror stories, maybe it will be okay :)

When I saw your picture, I thought "There's a car where the owner didn't wanna deal with the stripe and scoop issues".

Mine have been a hassle, but I *GOTTA* have my stripes!

Jer

When I saw your picture, I thought "There's a car where the owner didn't wanna deal with the stripe and scoop issues".

Mine have been a hassle, but I *GOTTA* have my stripes!

Jer

I know, I completely wanted as close to original as I could find...but money talks and I got one heck of a deal on this one...kind of like having an ugly kid, you get used to looking at it and love it anyway :hysterical:

Just kidding, it has the side stripes but not the top ones??? But I LOVE my new toy :shift:

I know, I completely wanted as close to original as I could find...but money talks and I got one heck of a deal on this one...kind of like having an ugly kid, you get used to looking at it and love it anyway :hysterical:

Just kidding, it has the side stripes but not the top ones??? But I LOVE my new toy :shift:

You should, these are great cars.

Have fun, stay safe, and welcome to the forum!

Jer

Contact Shelby for a new scoop. I assume that they keep records on which SGT's have received the final scoop. I'm sure they will charge you for it, but it would be an original Shelby part.

Another option would be the deep draw hood.

Yeah...I was one of those ugly kids, my Mom tells me now! She came to love me, thank goodness. :hysterical:

Just find a good autographics shop and get them done with high quality material.

+1

Get "7 year vinyl", installed by someone good... and protect it with carnauba.

Jer

Welcome to the forum. I am one who removed my stripes due to fallout issues. But who knows what the future will bring. Winter is coming, and if it cant be driven you have to find something to do with it????

Good Luck on yours!

Rich

how do u remove the stripes?

I paid a graphics guy! He then had the car buffed out 2x for about 16 hours worth of work. All in all it turned out really nice. But as I said winter is coming and my mind has to much free time lol. We will see what spring brings when the car comes out for the new car show season.

Rich

Slooooooooowly! You can make it easier by heating them up with a hair dryer, not too hot, but often the older 07 cars stripes come off in small pieces and it's a royal PITA!

What he said. that is why I paid a guy to do it for me. Yes he was cussing me later lol!

I am sure he used what is called a eraser wheel.

Does anyone know for certain if there was a "stripe delete" option for the 2007 year? I am trying to figure out if it was stripe delete from the order, or if the previous owner had them taken off.

Hi,

The previous owner removed the stripes. I know who owned it. When I saw what he did to the car I just couldn't understand why. He was never really happy with the car. Older guy owned it and took care of it. Sun State Ford in Orlando sold the car to him. Maybe there are some records. I tried contacting him but no answer. Don't know if he has the hood. You should feel confident that it wasn't abused and it was garaged. Drive it and enjoy and welcome to Shelby world.

Glenn

Does anyone know for certain if there was a "stripe delete" option for the 2007 year? I am trying to figure out if it was stripe delete from the order, or if the previous owner had them taken off.

Just an observation. It appears in your picture that the front lower valance air inlet is painted white. If so, then this lower area was originally black. If you wanted to have it original looking, there are many pictures of the SGT on the forum to give you the exact area of the lower valance that was originally black. Nice looking car either way. Enjoy and welcome to Team Shelby

how do u remove the stripes?

I had my stripes removed while having some fender bender repairs made.We used a product made for removing vinyl graphics and it worked quite well, the adhesive stays on the vinyl and not the car. I'm very happy with the results and have got lots of complements on it. The product is called Vinyl Off 10-4 and it is environmentally safe. If you decide to remove stripes and leave them off you will have to paint the scoop to match the car.

+1 on painted stripes.

If you can afford to have them painted on, then, for God's sake, yes, do it.

The vinyl stripes are always gonna need love.

Jer

I had my stripes removed while having some fender bender repairs made.We used a product made for removing vinyl graphics and it worked quite well, the adhesive stays on the vinyl and not the car. I'm very happy with the results and have got lots of complements on it. The product is called Vinyl Off 10-4 and it is environmentally safe. If you decide to remove stripes and leave them off you will have to paint the scoop to match the car.

+100 for the Vinyl Off 10-4! :happy feet:

-99 for no stripes on an SGT! :rant2:

+1 overall! :dance:

• 6 months later...

Archived