TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SCT - BAMA Tunes

I have looked at most if not all the post about Bama/Bred/Leth. tunes. What really interested me was the Computer codes on our SGT's. If what I read is correct - this is where I need the most advise is that the Computer codes that the are on out cars are not the true codes found on the Computer box within the eng. bay. - to get the true code you would need to hookup a SCT or Dia. to read the correct code so that the Tuner can make the correct tunes for the SGT's

Is this correct or is the code on the eng. bay box all that is needed. I am leaning towards Bama as of this writing.

Any help would be great.

Doc :salute:

I don't recall the code for te SGT, but Bama should have this already. They have done tunes for many SGT's. You might give them a call.

Or, I have a Diablo with three Bama SGT tunes set up for the Steeda Charge Motion Billet Plates. I'll sell you the entire set-up, including the plates. I've decided to go with the Ford Racing 3V manifold.

If you are interested send me a PM and we can talk specifics.

That's a hard one to know without a careful history of the individual car.

When the "interior" code leaves the Ford factory as stock, it's on a list I've seen, referred to by the external code pasted on the PCM box. If at some time after the car is put into service someone updates the PCM to a newer, different specification, the internal code is changed, and any future tuner needs to know the new code - if any - to make a tune that works.

I don't have any idea if the SGTs have some kind of updated data in their PCMs or not. It is an easy enough process to suck the current internal code from a PCM and see if it matches the list/external code. Whoever provides the new tune will have the internal codes list.

Archived