TEAM SHELBY FORUM

KR Tires

The 285 rear tire will fit, but its not ideal/recomended and the tire could loose it's seal in spirited driving.

The 255 fronts will fit no problem.

I run the "fronts" on all for corners using the OEM 18" Polished SGT wheels...

Still have the stock look, and can rotate them as necessary shift.gif

EDIT = Remember the only significant difference between these KR tires and the regular GT500 tires is that the KR version is designed to be a little softer/stickier compound... Look for the Goodyear "Wingfoot" symbol on the sidewall of the KR tires...

Gregg

07SGT0547

What were the shipping charges?

Gregg

07SGT0547

Shipping on mine was $71.00 to Detroit area but 15% TS discount was applied making it onlt $11.00. Just could not pass it up. Too bad discount is gone.

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

I swear, I HATE ODESSA!!! Got my new KR tires delivered last Monday, and I can't find anyone who can install them after 5PM or on Saturday when I'm off work! Ford dealer said come on down this afternoon, but when I got there, they said "Oh, we didn't realize that you needed the stick on weights. We don't have those." No one else here in town wants to touch the GT500 wheels and the KR Tires...Everything out here closes at 4:30PM or 5PM daily and most are closed on the weekends...really sucks!

• 2 weeks later...

Searched the goodyear site regarding the tires for a GT500 and noticed 2 EXACT specs on the F1 supercar tire.

I is $130 and the other $285. The dealer does not know the difference and cannot explain it.

Any thought's?

Tire compound. Goodyear provided a new tire (same tread different compound) for the KR vs the GT500. Shortly there after Goodyear discontinued the OE tire for the 07-09 GT500 and dropped the price for remaining tires in inventory. The KR tire should provide better traction at a higher price.

the KR tire has a treadwear of 180 I think vs the 220 on the other. Those numbers equate to rubber hardness

Or softness as these tires want last long with that rating, but i don't think any of us are looking for 60,000 mile tires but handling and performance.

Tire compound. Goodyear provided a new tire (same tread different compound) for the KR vs the GT500. Shortly there after Goodyear discontinued the OE tire for the 07-09 GT500 and dropped the price for remaining tires in inventory. The KR tire should provide better traction at a higher price.

I gotcha, thanks

Archived