TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Motor Trend: 2011 Shelby GT350 First Drive

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like...WOW... :drool:

edit - What tires does SA install on the GT350? Those babies must really grip!

Goodyear Supercar F1 G2s.

I don't think it's the tires per se, Gary Patterson was peeling off 12.60s at SAAC 35 and the tires on the naturally aspirated proto were almost bald.

Here is the kicker:

Although the article states 550HP, its really 525HP. Therefore, the 624 is 100HP above those numbers.

Did I mention that that test was done on street tires? They also didnt adjust the tire pressure at all. :happy feet: :superhero:

Hey Scott,

Its 624 at the engine as far as I know. But still, Its nearly 20% more HP than what was tested. Surely good for .2 seconds...that means 0-60 in less than 3.5 seconds.

Thats faster than a Z06, nearing the ZR1.

I might add 0-60 faster than a Porsche 911 GT2, Ferrari F430, and Audi R8. Its on par with a Nissan GTR.

I mean, can those really be the specs on a mustang? I just cant believe how good those numbers are!!!

So is this at the wheels h.p. or at the motor Warren ?

Scotty

Evolution ran dyno on the same set up with an automatic and got 560 RWHP!

I believe the manual trans in our cars will yield more. Cowabunga!!

Evolution ran dyno on the same set up with an automatic and got 560 RWHP!

I believe the manual trans in our cars will yield more. Cowabunga!!

That sure seems like a lot of RWHP for a non forged motor. I guess it will be interesting to see what really plays out in regards to longevity of the 5.0 engines.

Scotty

That sure seems like a lot of RWHP for a non forged motor. I guess it will be interesting to see what really plays out in regards to longevity of the 5.0 engines.

Scotty

The 624hp version of the coyote comes without any warranty at all? How much extra does it cost over the 525hp version?

750.00 more than the 525HP.

Scott, I hear a lot of people raise concerns, but Ford Racing did 100 hours of acceleration testing without incident, and while I can see aftermarket vendors selling super chargers well past the engine's threshold, I dont see Ford doing it.

Scotty

Scotty

624 HP is only seven pounds of boost. With a sophisticated Ford tune, it seems to be very manageable.

I have been running their 550HP Whipple on my 3v for almost 50K miles now without incident. That tune is 12.5 lbs.

I will be a very good test case, as I plan to daily drive my 350 when I (or if I ever) get it banghead.gif

Regards,

Michael

I'll admit, I must have been misinformed somewhere along the way in that I thought/heard some people were saying this car would be a bit of a disappointment... umm.... I must have TOTALLY drempt that!

This article left me slack jawed and thinking of all the things I could sell to get $63k cash. Whats a kidney going for these days? My new goal in life is to own one of these someday. Everyone that orders one new... take great care of them so when one of you sells it, I can BUY IT!! Unbelievable. I hope the news is this good when they finally hit the street. BTW, HAVE any hit the street yet?

Archived