TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Interesting Clone

slbgtsc

I can see LOTS of legal problems naming that clone "2006-2009 Ford Mustang Shelby Super Snake 500 KR Roush" They even have the nerve to have SHELBY across the top of the windshield. Hopefully SAI sees this and gets out a "cease and desist" order immediately.

I don't understand how he can use the names Shelby or Roush if he's not with either company, or doesn't have explicit permission from them?????

For the same reasons that a person can buy a 65 fastback mustang, paint it white W/ blue stripes, put GT350 on the side.

it appears that he really went out of his way to make everyone believe the car is a genuine Shelby. Look at the engraved, aluminum Shelby plaques in the car and under the hood.

Odd...the dashplaque appears to be very thin metal, and does NOT appear to be engraved. Looks like it was printed. Find the guy that is doing that and ``Hang `em High``!! :angry2:

I can see LOTS of legal problems naming that clone "2006-2009 Ford Mustang Shelby Super Snake 500 KR Roush" They even have the nerve to have SHELBY across the top of the windshield. Hopefully SAI sees this and gets out a "cease and desist" order immediately.

"2006-2009 Ford Mustang Shelby Super Snake 500 KR Roush" is just a very good use for eBay search words. Car is described as a clone.

I don't understand how he can use the names Shelby or Roush if he's not with either company, or doesn't have explicit permission from them?????

If you look at the Car, he has Parts from all of those Vehicles. The Listing Title is NOT what is on the actual Title of the Car. He is using those words to help draw traffic to his Auction. He is allowed to do that and he is allowed to put those items on his Car legally because he purchased them. If Shelby and Roush doesn't want any Clones then they need to stop selling Parts to Vendors.

If you look at the Car, he has Parts from all of those Vehicles. The Listing Title is NOT what is on the actual Title of the Car. He is using those words to help draw traffic to his Auction. He is allowed to do that and he is allowed to put those items on his Car legally because he purchased them. If Shelby and Roush doesn't want any Clones then they need to stop selling Parts to Vendors.

Hmmmmmmm. Interesting....Very interesting. :headscratch:

Right........He brings up a good point, you know. :doh:

Take off all the of the decals / emblems / fake dash plaques etc. and it's not a bad looking vehicle. At least the guy is being honest and declaring it as a clone right off the bat.

"2006-2009 Ford Mustang Shelby Super Snake 500 KR Roush" is just a very good use for eBay search words. Car is described as a clone.

+1, I would do something simular if I was selling a modified Mustang. It grabs more potential buyers.

What burns my butt (as Dolly Parton would say) is the dash plaque! I paid good money for mine and the sig is genuine on it! What's that other word for clone???? Oh yeah, counterfeit!

Ahem, don't you love those "dueling" fuel pumps and throttle body!

What burns my butt (as Dolly Parton would say) is the dash plaque! I paid good money for mine and the sig is genuine on it! What's that other word for clone???? Oh yeah, counterfeit!

Ahem, don't you love those "dueling" fuel pumps and throttle body!

where are they getting those dash plaque from it we find the source we can all email him with friendly messages. We don't want to break any cyber laws.

Yup!............let's spend thousands of dollars to make a guy take off a few hundred dollars of decals. :confused:

It's still a free country.......................somewhat.

I really like the Roush supercharger with the Shelby badge on it. :hysterical3: Like others have said, take all the Shelby badging off of it and have a really nice car for a pretty reasonable price with all the money that is in it.

Archived