TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Swing-Up Doors?

09KR0058

Saw a car today (some kind of kit car) that had the doors that, when you open them, they go out just a hair and then straight up in the air. That reminded me that I wanted to look into getting that done, but so many questions:

What do you call those?

Is this a simple conversion? In other words, is it basically a bolt-on or does this get into major body modifications involving blow torches, crowbars and jack hammers? :unsure:

Anyone here had that done?

Recommendations on a shop to do it (Atlanta area) or where to buy the parts and DIY?

Thanks

Saw a car today (some kind of kit car) that had the doors that, when you open them, they go out just a hair and then straight up in the air. That reminded me that I wanted to look into getting that done...

April first went by several months ago...

I know it's hot out, but please don't do that to a KR. :)

There are many different kits on the market. Some good, most are bad. They don't require major surgery. But as all the have said, please don't. This would be a sin in the good book of Shelby, but it's your KR and it is easily reversible.

Ok, time to fess up. I was actually thinking yesterday about that old thread here where someone asked about what kind of trailer hitch would fit on a GT500, or some other Shelby. This place went nuts!

Just checking to see if anyone was paying attention.

:hide:

BTW FiaCobra, love that poster. :hysterical:

Archived