TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 V-6 Shelby displayed on Woodward

JeffJ

Only thing that t's me off a little about this is all the talk of Team Shelby always includes something about getting first information on new products, etc. Again, here's a car on the street that they didn't say anything about on Team Shelby. Just sayin...... I'm not thinking that they need to let the cat out of the bag way ahead of time, but couldn't they even post something about this on Team Shelby today showing us the car? No it's spotted on the street......... being shown by Shelby, with nothing here..... Not sure if this should really bother me or not, but... :headscratch:

Only thing that t's me off a little about this is all the talk of Team Shelby always includes something about getting first information on new products, etc. Again, here's a car on the street that they didn't say anything about on Team Shelby. Just sayin...... I'm not thinking that they need to let the cat out of the bag way ahead of time, but couldn't they even post something about this on Team Shelby today showing us the car? No it's spotted on the street......... being shown by Shelby, with nothing here..... Not sure if this should really bother me or not, but... :headscratch:

+1, it doesn't surprise me...not the first time but see what the Club membership includes.

CLUB MEMBERSHIP INCLUDES: • Kit includes *: T-shirt, Shelby annual magazine, 2010 member key chain, 2010 member pin, 2010 member decal and more!

• First news on all of the products and vehicles coming out of Shelby.

• Exclusive access to members only areas of the Club web site.

• Exclusive e-mail newsletters.

+1, it doesn't surprise me...not the first time but see what the Club membership includes.

CLUB MEMBERSHIP INCLUDES: • Kit includes *: T-shirt, Shelby annual magazine, 2010 member key chain, 2010 member pin, 2010 member decal and more!

• First news on all of the products and vehicles coming out of Shelby.

• Exclusive access to members only areas of the Club web site.

• Exclusive e-mail newsletters.

it's nice to see they pratice what they sell :hysterical:

it's nice to see they pratice what they sell :hysterical:

Surely you don't believe what you read on the TS forums? Or what the Various commercial arms of Shelby put out in public?

For just one example, I'm sure everyone has ordered something from the Shelby Store and/or its forerunners. During the check-out process you are assured the Store will send you an email with tracking info when your order ships. Not to be knocking the current order-taking and shipping folks, who seem to be doing an outstanding job, but in dozens of transactions, I can't seem to find even one such email.

It is just a feature of the organization, a personality trait: "It makes no difference how we look; we're the only game in town!" That sort of transfers to the Forums, where complaints about to operations of the site are seldom acknowledged, and consistently ignored. "Hey, it's just a Web forum; who cares if the scrolling is jerky and annoying? Who cares if the Go-to-first-unread-post feature works on most forums but not on the Terlingua forum? We're the only game in town!"

Well, they ARE.

This thread will probably be deleted just because you acknowledged that you saw the car...

:yup:

No, those pictures are right out on the street. They are actually asking the public's input on it and other concepts. Heck they even have a webpage for this now asking for input. Don't you think that they would want all their current supporters for input? Just strange they they did not come in their own forums to introduce this stuff and ask for input. Crazy.....

http://shelbyamerican.com/concepts/

No, those pictures are right out on the street. They are actually asking the public's input on it and other concepts. Heck they even have a webpage for this now asking for input. Don't you think that they would want all their current supporters for input? Just strange they they did not come in their own forums to introduce this stuff and ask for input. Crazy.....

http://shelbyamerican.com/concepts/

We got to see the car first at the Ford track day on Friday..several TS members were there with other Mustang enthusiasts, Gary Patterson, his Son and a ton of great Ford personnel..

I asked Gary about the car..if it was a new platform for Terlingua .. (remember..I have a CS6 so I was very interested in this V6 platform) but it's not.. it's a great looking vehicle, at a budget price (around 10K) and that colour combination is sweet..

Gary told me himself that they just brought it to look for feedback and Woodward was a great venue for this.

I'm a TS member, a CS6 and GT-500 owner and I personally don't see anything wrong with taking an opportunity to showcase a vehicle in this venue regardless of notifying anyone..

For all we know the car was only ready for viewing a day or two before the event but this is a once a year opportunity..

No, the car has been out there for weeks, at least a month. And ask me how I feel about making the "exclusive" GT350 front end and Borla exhaust a 10k feature on another car. Word is they want to have Ford offer this pretitle like the SGT. That means any slack-jawed yokel with a mustang will be able to make a GT350 clone, VERY close to the real thing.....and before I get the hood response...it has been demonstrated time and time again that hoods are the most common and easiest things to reproduce.

I typed the rest of my comment and then :censored: myself....Im in big trouble if I type how I really feel about a great many current things.

Hey Warren, Remember the lecture you gave me on being exclusive? Now that the shoe is on the other foot, maybe you should lighten up and take your own advice. SA is only trying to sell affordable, nice upgrades and stay in business. So what if they used a few exclusive parts off the GT350? They took a 40th and used 90% of the parts for the SE, which was an upgrade package you said you were on the list to get. You also said you were on the list for the 40th and SS and now you want a Boss. I think it is fine to express your opinion, but treat others the same way you would expect to be treated. Congrats on your 350 and remember that word exclusive has very little meaning these days.

BTW, I think this GTS is good thing for a person wanting a CSM number Shelby at an affordable price.. Also like the upgraded internal engine parts on the new 5.0 Boss 302.

Well, at leat the 40th WAS exclusive for a short time.... :hysterical:

And yes, I wanted a SS, but they wouldnt let me do red stripes, and the limited edition RS is lost if you SS it. Then the SE came out, and I was interested for sure, thought it was exactly intended for my car, and was all ready to get it, but by then I had most of the items in the package already, wouldnt get credit on that, and then found out about the 350, in name only, and was told my money would be best saved on that car.

I mean, you are right to the extent that 90% of the parts used comment went on other models. But, how many different brake designs, superchargers, and suspensions do you expect them to make?

Im not talking about those things here. Im talking about MAJOR body differences, and an EXCLUSIVE in THEIR WORDS Borla exhaust that apparently will be used on a new model all for less than half the cost.

I love the fact that they are opening the Shelby brand to a market that would not otherwise be in a position to buy a Shelby. Im fine with that. I just wish they would have not done two models back to back with the same designs and body parts. It doesnt scream innovation to me. It screams something else that ends with 'tion. :headscratch:

BTW- WOW, I think you followed and remembered my comments over my time better than anyone!! Thanks for that! :salute:

No, the car has been out there for weeks, at least a month. And ask me how I feel about making the "exclusive" GT350 front end and Borla exhaust a 10k feature on another car. Word is they want to have Ford offer this pretitle like the SGT. That means any slack-jawed yokel with a mustang will be able to make a GT350 clone, VERY close to the real thing.....and before I get the hood response...it has been demonstrated time and time again that hoods are the most common and easiest things to reproduce.

I typed the rest of my comment and then :censored: myself....Im in big trouble if I type how I really feel about a great many current things.

Wow! Can Shelby do any more to make me have "Buyers Remorse" on their exclusive GT350? :banghead:

I understand they need to get the product out there but for the sake of our good lord why have the price 15K lower than the GT350? :redcard:(With a choice of superchargers)? Am I missing something here?

Please someone tell me otherwise. :headscratch:

Yes, if all you wanted was a GT that looks like GT350 then you got a bad deal. Otherwise "YOU ARE GOING TO OWN A FREAKING GT350!". :lol: No matter how many parts that are introduced on GT350 end up on any other Mustang, those cars will never be the legend that is the GT350.

After the bashing Shelby received with the introduction of the GT350 in this forum I don't blame them for holding out on TS.

Yes, if all you wanted was a GT that looks like GT350 then you got a bad deal. Otherwise "YOU ARE GOING TO OWN A FREAKING GT350!". :lol: No matter how many parts that are introduced on GT350 end up on any other Mustang, those cars will never be the legend that is the GT350.

After the bashing Shelby received with the introduction of the GT350 in this forum I don't blame them for holding out on TS.

I guess you can say we bashed them so much that we put down 15k for it. I understand that Shelby will use parts or mod parts from the GT350 for other autos.

I'm not bashing or complaining about that. What you failed to state in you post was the mere fact that the price was also reduced 15K with a choice of superchargers. What do you care it's not your cash!

So my friend (or not) type with your caps off and keep drinking the …:koolaid:

So, you would rather own a Shelby GT with a supercharger then a GT350? :headscratch:

The caps were not intended to be taken as an insult, its intent was to show excitement. I would be very excited to have a GT350 on order and would happily pay the extra coin if I was so lucky to afford it. From where I stand, I am extremely envious of those that can aford a GT350. And yes, I realize you are paying a premium for the GT350 moniker so there is no Kool-aid here. I could have saved some coin myself if I had purchased Mustang GT then added stripes, intake, tune, and suspension but I bought an SGT knowing I was purchasing a piece of history, just as you have done with the GT350.

It's your call if I'm a friend or foe for stating my opinion.

So, you would rather own a Shelby GT with a supercharger then a GT350? :headscratch:

The caps were not intended to be taken as an insult, its intent was to show excitement. I would be very excited to have a GT350 on order and would happily pay the extra coin if I was so lucky to afford it. From where I stand, I am extremely envious of those that can aford a GT350. And yes, I realize you are paying a premium for the GT350 moniker so there is no Kool-aid here. I could have saved some coin myself if I had purchased Mustang GT then added stripes, intake, tune, and suspension but I bought an SGT knowing I was purchasing a piece of history, just as you have done with the GT350.

It's your call if I'm a friend or foe for stating my opinion.

No way I'm all in on the GT350. Sorry I misunderstood the cap thing Hopefully you will be ok with the consideration as a friend. That will give me 2 friends and my other friends name is Rover (he's my best friend).

I'm starting to look at this whole thing as a pregnancy. You know the 9 months thing. A long 9 months than bingo life changes and the excitement begins.

I can use all the encouragement I can get.

No worries, we're good. Completely understand the anxiousness with money spend and nothing in the garage. But, with the Carb approval things should start rolling. I can't wait to see your GT350! You are a lucky SOB!

I will say this, I talked with Roger for quite some time yesterday. He answered my questions, he listened to me, and he gave me information and insight that he didnt have to. When we take on the responsibility of owning a Shelby, (and yes I did use responsibility) it is more than just a name, a car, or a title. We are the ones that will one day sooner than we want be left to carry this whole thing forward. SA is simply addressing one MAJOR problem that we cannot ignore. We are ALL aging. Im one of the younger guys here at 38, and have devoted much of my income to this hobby? or lifestyle or whatever you want to label it as. It is tougher for me to do this than for many of you. Not many 20 somethings can afford a 50k car, and if we are to bring in the next generation BEFORE they reach our ages, then I guess it is a smart plan. I understand it even if I dont completely agree with it. I wonder how special it will end up being -owning a Shelby, if it is something you dont have to dream about for some period of time. But hey, its not up to me. :shrug:

Dubbs, point well taken. I had a nice conversation with Roger also a couple days ago, and he made the same points with me. But my take is a little different than yours. The younger generation hasn't changed much since when I was their age, which was back in the early 70's. One thing us car guys have in common is that we all feel "the need for speed" and when younger, the more bang for the buck, the better. With that in mind, I don't see the new generation of youth buyers doling out $33,000 to $34,000 for a V-6 Shelby with 320 to 340 HP (after a Shelby tune) when they can get a Mustang GT with a V-8 for the same price with 400 plus horsepower. I just don't see a market for this type of buyer. While an entry level Shelby would be nice, and with some mods, maybe a few more ponies could be found in the "V-6" but the same money put in a V-8 GT would offer more substantial gains.

I've owned two other GT 350 Shelbys, a Boss 9 and a 455 SD Trans Am during my muscle car days, and the small blocks were always the stepchildren of the big blocks. I always knew when driving the GT 350's that the big boys were the ones with the big blocks. Things haven't change that much in the last 30 or 40 years. While the Shelby V-6 might be a great idea for entry level Shelbys, I don't see a demand for the cars, or see any significant number in sales. Horsepower is king and I just don't see it in a V-6, 300 horsepower car when there are better alternatives for the same price. Anyone looking for a performance car, like a Shelby, is going to want some grunt to go with the name it evokes.

Just my thoughts my fellow Texan.

Dubbs, point well taken. I had a nice conversation with Roger also a couple days ago, and he made the same points with me. But my take is a little different than yours. The younger generation hasn't changed much since when I was their age, which was back in the early 70's. One thing us car guys have in common is that we all feel "the need for speed" and when younger, the more bang for the buck, the better. With that in mind, I don't see the new generation of youth buyers doling out $33,000 to $34,000 for a V-6 Shelby with 320 to 340 HP (after a Shelby tune) when they can get a Mustang GT with a V-8 for the same price with 400 plus horsepower. I just don't see a market for this type of buyer. While an entry level Shelby would be nice, and with some mods, maybe a few more ponies could be found in the "V-6" but the same money put in a V-8 GT would offer more substantial gains.

I've owned two other GT 350 Shelbys, a Boss 9 and a 455 SD Trans Am during my muscle car days, and the small blocks were always the stepchildren of the big blocks. I always knew when driving the GT 350's that the big boys were the ones with the big blocks. Things haven't change that much in the last 30 or 40 years. While the Shelby V-6 might be a great idea for entry level Shelbys, I don't see a demand for the cars, or see any significant number in sales. Horsepower is king and I just don't see it in a V-6, 300 horsepower car when there are better alternatives for the same price. Anyone looking for a performance car, like a Shelby, is going to want some grunt to go with the name it evokes.

Just my thoughts my fellow Texan.

I hear what you guys are saying about the allure of V8 power.....especially after having owned 3 SVO's.....but I bought the SVO's, as well as my Terlingua, because I wanted something unique, and in the case of the Terlingua, something that embodies the carefree, "thumb your nose at what is expected" spirit of back in the day coupled with all things "bunny". I have a pet rabbit and happen to be all up in the bunnies as well as performance cars.....so.....the Terlingua was a natural choice for me. As for youth, you are right there are not a lot of younger folks out there who would be able to come across with the money for any of the Shelby offerings.....and being just about ready to turn 52, I too could not afford something that nice when I was younger, but always looked forward to the day when I could have something really special. I guess a V8 GT would be more bang for the buck, but when all is said and done it's still not a Shelby and it's definitely not a Terlingua. The nice thing is that many of us on this site have been blessed enough to purchase what we want and then even modify it, even if the modification process cost more money and more wait time. I'm not trying to disrespect anyone, this is just my 2 cents. It is cool that there now seems to be a Shelby for all budgets and personal likes....make mine Terlingua!

Evan

There are several advantages to the V6 over the V8. One of them is insurance. A V6 car will be much less to insure than a GT. That is something that most responsible young people will take into consideration. Another one is weight. There is not a huge difference in weight between the GT and the V6, but on a road course, every pound (especially on the front end) makes a difference. There is a reason why the Terlinguas do so well on the short, tight road courses. Still another advantage is gas milage. 31 mpg sounds REAL good to me for a daily driver with SHELBY on the back and 300+ hp under the hood.

Archived