TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How Many Of You Go to Coffee & Cars Dallas?

DocHolliday

I am in the Houston area and love the Coffee and Cars Houston event.

I am planning on being in the Dallas area the weekend of September 4-5. If the weather is good I am going to drive the Shelby and plan on going to the C&C Dallas event. How many of you go to this one? It would be cool to meet up with some of the Dallas members while I am there.

• 2 weeks later...

Damn, I made it there at 8am on the dot and the place was packed! No open spots for parking unless you blocked someone in. With the temps in the mid 80's and a cool breeze it's no wonder. I parked a block away, took a quick tour around the lot and then headed home. You had to be there by seven to stake out a spot, and my beauty sleep is more important on a Saturday....

Damn, I made it there at 8am on the dot and the place was packed! No open spots for parking unless you blocked someone in. With the temps in the mid 80's and a cool breeze it's no wonder. I parked a block away, took a quick tour around the lot and then headed home. You had to be there by seven to stake out a spot, and my beauty sleep is more important on a Saturday....

There were still plenty of spots around 7:30/7:40. But, it filled up very quickly after that. Then every isle had two rows of cars parked down them. I saw you drive through. You should have just parked in front of the other Shelby's. I don't think anyone minds. I was parked between a white/blue '07 GT500 vert and a red/white '08 GT500.

What are the odds I can get one of you Dallas area guys to step up and be the Dallas area Team Shelby coordinator? We would love to start a monthly DFW area get together. If your even more brave you could do something EVERY week like Houston does.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

There were still plenty of spots around 7:30/7:40. But, it filled up very quickly after that. Then every isle had two rows of cars parked down them. I saw you drive through. You should have just parked in front of the other Shelby's. I don't think anyone minds. I was parked between a white/blue '07 GT500 vert and a red/white '08 GT500.

I didn't want to be blocked in or to block in someone else. It was an awesome turnout with a lot of guality rides. The Ariel Atom up front was amazing!

What are the odds I can get one of you Dallas area guys to step up and be the Dallas area Team Shelby coordinator? We would love to start a monthly DFW area get together. If your even more brave you could do something EVERY week like Houston does.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

We have a local Shelby club in Dallas- SCAT. Maybe we need to get more of the guys here involved with SCAT - Shelby Cobra Association of Texas.

The club has been around for 20 years and was one of Carroll's favorite clubs.

We have a local Shelby club in Dallas- SCAT. Maybe we need to get more of the guys here involved with SCAT - Shelby Cobra Association of Texas.

The club has been around for 20 years and was one of Carroll's favorite clubs.

Yes, I have talked to several of those guys. Seems to be somewhat of a disconnect between TS and SCAT from my perspective. Hard to know for sure because I'm not there. My understanding is there are not many new Shelby's in SCAT, but I could be wrong.

What we are looking for is one or more people to try to organize a monthly/weekly Shelby get together and maybe even a yearly "event". We need someone to recruit "foot soldiers" so to speak. Pass out flyiers and business cards at the various car shows and get togethers. Try to get a more organized presence for Shelbys in Dallas. We have every other large city in Texas on board. Dallas is the last hold out.

There are several late model Shelbys in SCAT. The club president just bought a 2008 Barret Jackson SGT convertible. Also, the club seems to be fairly connected to the Shelby family here. I think it would be nice for the members here, living in Dallas, to check out SCAT. Most of us have to manage our free time sparingly and being available for two separate Shelby clubs is pretty tough.

But, if you have something going on here, or in Texas, I'm always available to participate if the wife, kids, or my Harley-riding reprobate friends don't have something going on!

post-26281-128373681251_thumb.jpg

post-26281-128373681251_thumb.jpg

SCAT does have several late model Shelby's in the club as well as original A/C Cobras, GT350, and many more that are not limited to Shelby's or even just Mustangs. Several new and tenured members frequent TS, some more then others. SCAT has had a strong presents at Mid America, and many other related events. I and others have made several postings on TS about SCAT events but I have seen little in response to those postings.

SCAT holds a monthly meeting at various locations throughout DFW unless there is a show or other event where everyone meets. SCAT also frequently holds a 'Meet and Greet' where all are welcome not just members, however that doesn't mean that anyone is not welcome at any of the events listed on the calendar for a given month.

Please, anyone who is interested, checkout the site at SCATracks.org. SCAT actually has members all over the States. I've been a member since the first of the summer and have really enjoy getting know the members. There is a meeting in a couple weeks and I'll mention your desire to link with the Shelby owners in the DFW area.

There is also the North Texas Mustang Club which holds a monthly cruise, and host several shows through the summer, the largest of which is the Yellow Rose which is held every August in Fort Worth. SCAT stays fairly well connected with them.

Jason, I missed it today. The wife went to Austin today, so I was home working on the '83 GT.

By the way, the Shelby has gone back to Vegas - don't know when it is coming back here.

More mods, or did you blow something up?

Archived