TEAM SHELBY FORUM

the latest reason to love a Paxton

ughhhhh.....a taste small I would add as well! :) Frign awesome , just awesome.

Thanks Swede! It's killing me having to stare at this thing and not able to install it yet. If my car isn't out of paint this Thursday, I'm kidnapping it.

^It'll clear the strut tower brace with my 1/2" lowering motor mounts and a small spacer atop each strut stud. ;)

Paul, I sold my BBK TB and went back to stock for now. I'm still deliberating between the L&M and FRPP.

As for CAI, I'm still running the stock Paxton intake setup, but I intend on upgrading to an Anderson power pipe here shortly, in order to take full advantage of this new intake. :shift:

^It'll clear the strut tower brace with my 1/2" lowering motor mounts and a small spacer atop each strut stud. ;)

Paul, I sold my BBK TB and went back to stock for now. I'm still deliberating between the L&M and FRPP.

As for CAI, I'm still running the stock Paxton intake setup, but I intend on upgrading to an Anderson power pipe here shortly, in order to take full advantage of this new intake. :shift:

Ken if anything go for the FRPP and Anderson power pipe you know what they say bigger is always better unless you can't handle it !!!

Holy cow this thing is HUGE :)

DSC03100.jpg?t=1281503223

Ken,

Holy cow Batman, this could be a bat cave.

Any idea of install schedule once your car is back from the body shop?

Should be a heck of a lot easier than when you installed the Paxton.

Larry

i have the anderson power pipe on mine and it is huge they SC version looks even bigger in the pics oh and they are ceramic coated to help with heat soak.

Hey, I was think of wrap my whole power pipe and the rest of the tube with a heat shield tape that would keep the air cool and you can get it in silver. Plus like, I said before make sure it's not resting on the upper radiator hose use a stiff hose to keep it off.

After surfing around various forums, I found this video, this cant be good.

http://s121.photobuc...current=058.mp4

That guy had a bad cast apparently. FRPP is taking care of him.

As for my install, it came to a screeching halt late last week. The Paxton supplied spacer that sits underneath the thermostat housing, in order to rotate it for coolant hose clearance around the blower, is causing an interference with the new intake manifold.

There's absolutely no way to get this intake to fit with the Paxton t-stat housing spacer installed. I'm working on cutting and re-welding my stock t-stat housing, so that I can rotate it in the direction it needs to go in, while deleting the Paxton spacer.

This is going to be a serious PITA for guys that can't weld aluminum, so I wouldn't doubt if someone (Paxton/Vortech maybe?) comes out with a modified t-stat for sale soon enough. Till then, ya gotta do it yourself. I was surprised that I only found one other guy online that's tried installing this intake with a Paxton/Vortech blower. Anyway, fear not - I'll get her installed within a few days and I'll be back with pics. :shift:

^Hey man, a MIG has it's place! Personally, I love laying some wire fed welds down on damn near everything. I'll use it over anything else, if I can get away with it, only because it's so effortless and it puts down some really nice beads sometimes. :)

As for my install, it came to a screeching halt late last week. The Paxton supplied spacer that sits underneath the thermostat housing, in order to rotate it for coolant hose clearance around the blower, is causing an interference with the new intake manifold.

There's absolutely no way to get this intake to fit with the Paxton t-stat housing spacer installed. I'm working on cutting and re-welding my stock t-stat housing, so that I can rotate it in the direction it needs to go in, while deleting the Paxton spacer.

This is going to be a serious PITA for guys that can't weld aluminum, so I wouldn't doubt if someone (Paxton/Vortech maybe?) comes out with a modified t-stat for sale soon enough. Till then, ya gotta do it yourself. I was surprised that I only found one other guy online that's tried installing this intake with a Paxton/Vortech blower. Anyway, fear not - I'll get her installed within a few days and I'll be back with pics. shift.gif

I hope I get to personally see this infamous car some day and meet Ken. I feel like I know everything about it.

^Hey man, a MIG has it's place! Personally, I love laying some wire fed welds down on damn near everything. I'll use it over anything else, if I can get away with it, only because it's so effortless and it puts down some really nice beads sometimes. :)

i dont know ken i have alway loved arc welding for some reason. :confused:

This is going to be a serious PITA for guys that can't weld aluminum, so I wouldn't doubt if someone (Paxton/Vortech maybe?) comes out with a modified t-stat for sale soon enough. Till then, ya gotta do it yourself. I was surprised that I only found one other guy online that's tried installing this intake with a Paxton/Vortech blower. Anyway, fear not - I'll get her installed within a few days and I'll be back with pics. :shift:

How about a different housing from a different car ??? just a thought before you go weld crazy there has to be housing spec's to match up too. and did I ever mention that I LUV Man !!!!! :drool::hysterical:

How about a different housing from a different car ??? just a thought before you go weld crazy there has to be housing spec's to match up too. and did I ever mention that I LUV Man !!!!! :drool::hysterical:

Thanks guys. Racer, that's a good idea, but I'm not sure where I'd start. There's probably another housing somewhere that would work, but I don't really have the time to go hunting for it. I'll give you a nickel and a PBR Light to track one down though, k? :lol:

I've also heard that the 05-06 coolant crossover clears the intake. In that case, I would need to purchase the Paxton kit that re-routes the coolant hose for the 05-06 setup, then invest in the fugly looking t-stat-in-the-hose contraption that comes on the 05-06. That doesn't appeal to me too much, so I'm still working on modifying my own housing. But I wanted to throw that out there, in case anyone else was interested.

Thanks guys. Racer, that's a good idea, but I'm not sure where I'd start. There's probably another housing somewhere that would work, but I don't really have the time to go hunting for it. I'll give you a nickel and a PBR Light to track one down though, k? :lol:

I've also heard that the 05-06 coolant crossover clears the intake. In that case, I would need to purchase the Paxton kit that re-routes the coolant hose for the 05-06 setup, then invest in the fugly looking t-stat-in-the-hose contraption that comes on the 05-06. That doesn't appeal to me too much, so I'm still working on modifying my own housing. But I wanted to throw that out there, in case anyone else was interested.

If you sent me a pic of your set up and what you needed, I can find you a back up if all fails. Always good to have a back up plan.

Ken, you may have seen this already, beware.

http://www.s197.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40496

Wow, after reading through that thread I don't think I could see putting the FRPP manifold on any motor, NA or SC.

Ken - I'm sure you already have a lot of effort involved in modifications to make it fit but you may want to re-consider going to the C&L manifold. That video and all of the follow up posts of people with the same issue would be a deal breaker for me until someone can confirm Ford has the problem resolved.

Archived