TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Thoughts From a Fellow Team Shelby Member

CrzyHorse

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to add to the discussion from a "newb" point of view.

I had a member on here insult me about a question I asked in the "stupid question" thread. It all started because I used his avatar....because I thought it was a sweet pic. Because of the avatar issue, he chose to attack me on a personal level. To add to that, the next person in line decided to applaud him for his flaming of the new guy. At that point, I was completely done with TS. Figured I would just lurk and search from that point forward.

Fortunately, the member that was hurt over the avatar issue posted an apology for what he said and it is behind us now.

My point to all of this is, that one post was what I saw as TS as a whole. I thought it would be like another forum I visit from time to time where the only reply seems to be, "you need to learn now to use the search button". And where there is more trash talk between members than car talk. First impression was negative but I am sold now. Everyone has a bad day and some just choose to take it out on whoever. It is because there was an admittance that what was said was wrong that I am really learning to enjoy TS.

Well, i would say 98% of those I have met here I have become GOOD friends with. Those that I have MET in person. There arent enough mods in all the forum land out there that could possible cut out all the ignorant and inflamatory statements made by the crazies that are always out there....99% of those comments are made by people who arent involved, and we dont know....we ignore them like they are background chatter on an open CB radio channel. Just learn to ignore the ignorant, and you will have a much better experience. :salute:

Again, I don't think anyone is saying others should not post in a sub forum for a car they do not own. What they are trying to say is.....they should not come into a sub forum for a car they do not own and negatively put it, and the owners down.

Agreed

"they should not come into a sub forum for a car they do not own and negatively put it, and the owners down."

The same sub forum members should not put others down, KR ownership or not.

Not saying all KR owners do this.

:beerchug:

I think the reason people come onto other subforums is that, when you chose "view new content" or "todays active content" it shows that someone has said some snide remark or maybe an interesting remark in that sub forum then you click on it and there you are in that subforum. Cars are cars and Shelby's are a Thoroughbred of such cars. I have been known to talk alot of trash about the "other brands" and mainly the rice and chevy varients. But the bottom line if its special deep down inside i respect what it is and what was done to get it there... Drive them enjoy them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Again, I don't think anyone is saying others should not post in a sub forum for a car they do not own. What they are trying to say is.....they should not come into a sub forum for a car they do not own and negatively put it, and the owners down.

Agree. Unfortunatley there are far more good people that don't put others down than those that are just plain disrespectful to anyone or anything.

Amen mciarochi. I've never understood the bickering either. We are all here for the same reason.

I have been involved in Internet forums since the late 80's starting with Usenet and moving on to private owned forums.

I have leared over time that it is just "the nature of the beast"....

People get "Internet balls" when thousands of miles and a phone cord separates them from the person they are "talking" to.

It's kind of like "Phone Balls" where some little punk kid gets on the phone and M*th*rf*cks you, tells you you're a pussy, tells you he's gonna kick yer ass.....until you show up on his doorstep and suddenly he's the little punk ass bitch he really is.

My best advice is "have thick skin" and if you don't already, grow some! Let the crap roll off your back like water on a duck. If you let it bother you, you will go crazy (because there is LITTLE you can do about it).

I find that just flat out ignoring it works real well too!

HTH,

Phill (I reply in kind) Pollard

There has been a lot more threads as of late that have taken a unnecessarily negative slant. In fact, I considered dropping my Team Shelby Membership and the forum all together simply because I was embarrassed with the tone and attitude of some members in a recent thread. No one should ever feel they need to consider dropping off this forum do to another member or members.

I can live with the trash talking and ribbing that occurs but when a thread turns personal and derogatory names are being passed around I loose faith in those individuals and choose mentally ignore their post going forward.

A long time ago I learned to accept that some people are predisposed to be #$%&@ (choose your explicative) and cannot help themselves. When I accepted this it made it easier for me to tolerate those personalities.

Everyone passes judgment on others in some form or fashion. And a few never learned to keep that judgment to themselves when it served no value. Pity...

We have a great group of mods on this site, and we all agreed to certain standards of conduct. If anyone feels a member has crossed a line, notify a mod and let them either remind that member of agreement they made when they signed on or give you ('you' refering to all of us) some unbiased perspective from another point of view.

And one last thought; my father told me back when I was in High School to never do anything I wouldnt want my Grandmother to read about in the paper the next day. I've failed to do this on occasion, but it has kept my nose clean. I suggest we all heed this advice next time we post up with our panties in a bunch or our 'internet balls' hanging out.

My God loving Grandmother grew up as a farm girl in Oklahoma and was the most

kind and generous grandmother anyone could ask for............She had a great work

ethic and taught my mother and uncle with the proper respect for other family, friends

and strangers................

Also what she had was a great sense of humor and the ability to not get her

"panties in a bunch"..........................

Of course when she first met my wife and was asked to twist my Grandmothers finger

I told my new bride not to do it...............But you know wives never listen????????? :hysterical:

My Grandmother was one of the "Thick Skinned" ones that loved life and did not take offence

to trivials and knew how to have a good time with anyone...............

But I cant recall anything seen or read on this site that would have offended her........... :salute:

..Get your kumbaya over with and get under your cars and start wrenching!

KeeRipes, you expect a KR owner to turn wrenches, too..? We just drive the damn things!

(told wifey it's already modded from the factory, so I won't need to do it..) ;)

"Internet balls"???????????? :hysterical:

Yep, "Internet Balls".

The closest analogy is "Liquid Courage".

In both cases, a person with no balls suddenly grows balls the size of bowling balls. One because of alcohol, the other because of that little cable between you and him.

Internet Balls goes right along side of "Keyboard Flexing" in the dictionary (the dictionary of life).

You see plenty of Keyboard Flexing going on around here too (as you do with ALL Internet forums).

Oh, and there's just one more thing......

Just my observation,

Phill "Columbo" Pollard

To me its kinda simple.

This is the KR forum. Therefore its fair to say that the majority of those participating are going to be KR owners. KR owners own KRs because they love them.

Others that don't own KRs shouldn't be surprised when they come in to our subforum, lay a turd on our living room floor and then get hit with flak. Thats like saying they were surprised that Killer whales kill.

I have no problem with non KR owners coming in here and participating but don't come in here and make comments designed to denigrate the KR and then expect to be received warmly and sing Kumbya with us. There are a few non KR owners that visit here that fit this pattern and are real wise a$$es.

My feeling. If you have something negative to say about the KR that is intended to denigrate it rather then provide some constructive criticism which is within the bounds of reasonable discussion take it elsewhere or be prepared to take some flak.

Try going into the Ford GT forum and denigrate the FGT. You won't last long there. It will take only seconds before a killer bee swarm decends upon you and after you are throughly trounced you are summarily booted out the door.

The KR guys are Mother Teresa compared to the reception you'd get there. Point is don't disrespect someone else in there own house.

Takes care.

You have your information wrong. The fellow who was fed up was the fellow who's posting this thread. And the dime a dozen comment was mine based on what GT500 owners were bashing our cars. I owned a "dime a dozen" GT500 and purchased it on the notion that it was going to be limited as they said. The comment was based on one GT500 owner who said "my car is faster than yours, na na nana na. Who cares!

Who gives a crap who could beat who. I could put a 300 shot on mine also and do the same. The thing is this car was made in very limited numbers, not like the dime a dozen GT500 which everyone thought was going to be exclusive and I owned. Doesn't matter if you could beat it, run next to me and drive faster and tell all your friends you beat a KR!!!! You could care less if you beat a STi, your thrill would be to beat a KR. Well our thrill is to own a KR. I have had 11 Mustangs a SHelby GT vert, GT500 and now a KR and none of them hold a candle to just driving this machine. As a matter of fact I tried, just like all GT500 owners to mod the car left and right to be something it was never built to be. I finally got a Mustang that I don't ever have to worry about doing exhaust, gears,rims,shifter,lowering the car like I did my GT500 which looked like a 4x4, hood,CAI...etc. If you don't own a KR you could talk and mod until your blue in the face. You would all love to own one...trust me

I__d_get_off_my_high_horse____by_Mellowmonkey1.jpg

Whats really funny is the fact that guys who don't own KRs continue to hang out on this subforum and try to stir the pot. I tihnk the answer is for them to finally get the KR that they really want.

As far as being on a high horse, yup as far as I'm concerned KR owners are on a high horse and justifiably so as far as I'm concerned. Not in a "I'm better then you way" but in a "I think my KR is the best" kinda way. I agree with Mustang Scotty. I'm pretty sure most KR owners think their KRs are the best of the breed. Did you seriously expect something else here. LOL. Yes, we do think there is somethng special about KRs for many reasons and so do many others. Witness the special event for KRs next year at Carlise.

If I didn't like and think the KR was the best I would have bought a standard GT500 or another variant of Mustang and called it a day. I could buy the new GT500 today with the new aluminum block 5.4 which probably will out perform the KR but to Mustang Scotty's point...so what?I like them all but love the KR.

If guys who don't own KRs here don't like the high horses that they think we are on....theres the door...try not to let it hit you in th a$$ on the way out.

Most people buy the car they love. If you don't love it anymore buy something else and stop pissing on others parades.

Takes care.

I totally agree with some of the folks on this forum that there is too much negativity and bad feelings beginning to be displayed and it is dragging down the benefit of the KR forum. Its one thing to provide your perspective and opinion but its entirely different to make a personal attack toward someone which is what happened to me. In the now closed S-H-E-L-B-Y letter spacing thread I posted my questions about why a GT500 owner would want to add a KR hood (no need to restart that discussion here, though). Well, this is the KR forum after all and I thought it was ok to post my opinion. Well ati took offense at my questions and levied some personal attacks (at one point calling me an insecure asshole, if I recall correctly). I refused to lower myself to that level (but I'm not perfect) and replied back a couple of times with my opinions and kept getting bashed for expressing them (give the thread a read if you'd like some entertainment -- its not long like some of the others). Then Cobra Scotty chimed in and bashed me and all of New Jersey (nice touch on that one) and then ended as if he had the last word by saying to me to "Have a nice life." Well I responded again without personally attacking either of them and actually giving what I thought was a good suggestion to ati about getting a KR and having it modified by a legitmate shop to make it a convertible (someplace like droptopcustoms.com) but Grabber then stepped in and closed the thread. In hindsight, I think that Grabber did the right thing with closing the thread as nothing good was coming of it and ati had gotten the info he needed but I'm not sure why Grabber needed to give me a jab before he closed it by saying something about how I had started the pissing match (which I did) but then neglecting to mention anything about the personal attacks and name calling that ati and Cobra Scotty had posted. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and that is part of what makes America great but I think (my opinion) that someone should have mentioned to ati and Cobra Scotty that they can disagree with me without abusing me (kind of reminds me of monty pithon where the guy wanted and argument and got hit in the head). As was said in this thread already, this is the KR forum and its open to everyone but those of us KR owners in here are probably partial to KRs (for whatever reason) and their opinions (at least mine as I can't speak for all KR owners) will likely reflect that. Anyway, I hope we can get past this bump in the road so that the KR forum section of this site will continue to be a resource for KR owners and non-owners alike.

Ok, this shit is getting old. Lock this thread too and lets move on !!

The longer this crap goes on, the worse the reputations of KR owners and GT-500 owners will get.

/me throws towel in the ring

PaulW:

+1

Totally agree.

Plus I read the thread on the KR hood lettering. Your post in no way trashed the GT500. Your point was simple and you gvae good advice. Very simply based on expense it woiuld be better to by a Cervini or SS hood. The only trashing came from ati who basically characiterized the KR as an overpirced GT500 with bolt ons.

Funny, ati comes into the KR subforum, asks for advice and help from KR owners, he is given advice, he is even told not to spend the extra money on the KR hood by a KR owner on the premise it isn't worth it for what he is doing and then he trashes the KR!!!.

He's the a$$hole IMHO. If a KR was just an "overpirced GT500 with bolt ons" he'd have his KR hood with the right lettering and spacing by now because the hood with lettering would available to everyone who wanted it from Shelby. Fact is there not. So..., I guess the KR is not just a simple "GT500 with bolt ons" able to be duplicated by anyone.

I wish him luck with his lettering though. Hey there just bolt ons right?.

!@#$ him.

PaulW:

+1

Totally agree.

Plus I read the thread on the KR hood lettering. Your post in no way trashed the GT500. Your point was simple and you gvae good advice. Very simply based on expense it woiuld be better to by a Cervini or SS hood. The only trashing came from ati who basically characiterized the KR as an overpirced GT500 with bolt ons.

Funny, ati comes into the KR subforum, asks for advice and help from KR owners, he is given advice, he is even told not to spend the extra money on the KR hood by a KR owner on the premise it isn't worth it for what he is doing and then he trashes the KR!!!.

He's the a$$hole IMHO. If a KR was just an "overpirced GT500 with bolt ons" he'd have his KR hood with the right lettering and spacing by now because the hood with lettering would available to everyone who wanted it from Shelby. Fact is there not. So..., I guess the KR is not just a simple "GT500 with bolt ons" able to be duplicated by anyone.

I wish him luck with his lettering though. Hey there just bolt ons right?.

!@#$ him.

Jeeez man, lighten up. You are waaaaaay to anal about the KR stuff. It really is no big deal anymore. The KRs have taken a major kick in the balls with the 10s and 11s now occupying center stage. The '12 Boss is an all around performance bombshell sure to steal what little remaining thunder their is in the KR realm. Sorry but that is just how it works with the passage of time in the arena of late model cars. There is allways another Special Edition offering on the horizon that commands the lions share of attention as the previous hot items roll off and take their place among the ranks of the once were.

Jeeez man, lighten up. You are waaaaaay to anal about the KR stuff. It really is no big deal anymore. The KRs have taken a major kick in the balls with the 10s and 11s now occupying center stage. The '12 Boss is an all around performance bombshell sure to steal what little remaining thunder their is in the KR realm. Sorry but that is just how it works with the passage of time in the arena of late model cars. There is allways another Special Edition offering on the horizon that commands the lions share of attention as the previous hot items roll off and take their place among the ranks of the once were.

See, there you go again, bashing the KR. This thread is about trying to get past that and its within the KR forum but I'm going to bite my tongue. I think the KRs have only grown in respect around the globe (not for their performance) and not taken "a major kick in the balls", whatever that means. If you think about the pre-title / post title difference you would know that the KR is one of the very few that actually went to Shelby's facility before being titled (which may or may not make a difference to you, but it does to me). Many of us acquired KRs for very good deals and the value has not dropped nearly as much as a some of the other models (but thats not why most Shelby owners bought their car, regardless of its version). If you look back at the 1968 KR and what makes that car special you would understand why the new KR is similarly special. A 68 KR cannot hold a candle to the 08 KR in performance, but those of us who own early model mustangs didn't buy them for their performance, we bought them for their heritage and what they meant to the development of muscle cars. Some of us also bought KRs to drive and enjoy but are proud to know that the car was worked on by Shelby's team (not that they're better than Ford but it adds a touch of nostalgia for those of us that remember the 60s when his team worked on the Mustangs to transform them). An 08 KR may never be recognized for its interesting place in the history of Shelby by many people, but a few of us know what it means and really appreciate it. Most of us didn't buy the KR thinking it would always be the top dog or that it would go up in value but some of us knew what it was and why it was special. There will always be a new model that will outperform the current model but there will never be another 68 KR that came from Vegas or another 08 KR from Vegas. So, anyway, let the whole thing go about why you think we like our KRs or why we think they are special to us (as someone said earlier, you either get it or you don't). My opinion is that some folks should read a bit more about the history of Shelby (I'll probably get blasted for that comment by some Shelby historian) and you might come to appreciate the history of Shelby that is repeating itself right before our eyes and then we might all appreciate all of the Shelyb's out there, old and new, pre-title and post-title for what they are and what they each mean to us all. I'm no expert but I know that each Shelby is special and has its place in history and the Man won't be here forever so we should appreciate what his team gave us and help him keep on advancing the Shelby world. I can keep replying to each of these posts but I think we should all just move on and drive/enjoy our cars.

Mr. Speedyman:

Lighten up? I don't think I need to. All I'm doing is pointing out BS when I read it. If some guy has the stones to come in here and ask for help on the KR subforum then trash the KR after he gets some honest advice from a KR owner, even if he didn't like the advice that to me puts him squarely in the a$$hole category.

While I agree with you that the KR is no longer the pinnacle of Mustang performance (however it's still no slouch by any standard) I think you are totally missing it. Its not all about being the fastest and most powerful. I think its fair to say that most KR owners love their KRs and bought them because they think they are special automobiles. Very simply they are. They are limited production and amoung the very few variants of pre-title Shelbys and probably the last pre title Shelby. They are exclusive and SAI tries to preserve that exclusivity making a number of the KR parts exclusive to the KR. So, sorry ati they are not just "GT500s with bolt ons". If they were ati wouldn't be scrounging here for help on the letteri spacing and looking for hood pin locks or buying his KR hood from who knows where .

So.since ati has the stones to trash the KR in the KR subforum and after asking for advice and help and after getting advice and help from KR owners...let me call like I see it. Mr. ati bought a KR hood somewhere on ebay or wherever and wants to letter exactly like the KR because he would really rather have a KR but for whatever doesn't want to or can't spend the money to get one. So don't come here on the KR subforum asking for advice and help and then in the next breath put the KR down. Read his comments. Thats BS. His trashing comments actually give him away as they drip with envy.

KRs are special Mustangs with a special heritage IMHO and I'm sure most KR owners here would agree. They don't care that the new Mustangs may be lighter or faster. They love their KRs because lighter and faster is not everything in many cases. Most mini vans today are faster then muscle cars from the muscle car era. I guess all those muscle car guys should run out and trade up to the new Honda mini van.

Points simple. Don't come into my subforum as a KR owner, crap on the floor and not expect me to pick it up with a shovel and put it in your hat.

Constructive criticism is fine. Trashing is out of bounds.

FIA Cobra was concerned that KR owners reps would take a beating with all this bickering. Sorry, I disagree, I think our reputations and those of the KR will take a beating if we just lie down and take this kinda crap. I for one don't intend to.

I don't trash any Mustang or Shelby so don't come into the KR subforum and trash my car. If you do you won't like my response.

Archived