TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Flat Black 500

2kgt281

I actually like the flat clear, but it must be accented. In this case the wheels are too much.

What some people don't realize is that spraying a flat clear is not easy. The clear must be sprayed perfectly. There is no wet sanding and buffing out imperfections.

I never knew it went out of style...to me it means I like to go fast not polish a showcar...15 cans Krylon....done. A friend of mine did it to a brand new ZO6 about 8 years ago...resale was not a concern for him. Probably left the car at someones house and spaced it.

How long untill this fad goes the way of the dodo bird and spinners?

At first, with the spoiler, I thought it was a GT with some 500 parts, but, unfortunately, its a real 500.

Those mirrors have to go, and the spoiler. The paint is like F117, doesn't reflect light as much as other paints

Personally, a semi-flat black/clear on a chopped and channeled '49 Merc is awesome. Unfortunately, that's about where it ends for me.

Perhaps the owner checked the wrong box when ordering his GT500, instead of stripe delete, he got paint delete?Devil.gifLMAO.gif

FlatBlack001.jpg

That's just plain fugly.

Harley started doing this with their new bikes a couple of years back and believe it or not, there are SUCKERS that pay *more* for their "denim paint job" than for a nice gloss paint job ("it's a 'feature', folks").

PT Barnum was right.......

Phill Pollard

I never have liked blacked out cars. Seen some flat paint jobs that looked awesome. Just depends on the car or truck. Also what other materials and colors are used. This GT500 looks like crap to me. Takes all kinds of people to make the world go around. So if he likes it. That's all that counts. I for sure wouldn't go out of my way to have a look at it at a car show. I'd just walk right on by and grin a little.... :hysterical3: On the other hand. Ive seen cars at shows with so much chrome they looked like crap. So to me, any car with to much of one color. As in black or chrome looks like crap. I like a good combination of colors and materials. Thats what makes a car really stand out. This is JMO tho......

I used to love the mono-chromatic look until the ricers ran it into the ground.

There is a fine line somewhere when it becomes too much.

I think that is why Shelby appeals to me. It's much more bite than bark.

It's an understated look that undenyabley means performance.

I have a 2008 GT500 Convertible - Vapor and about to have black racing strips on it.. Installer recommends Flat Black stripes.!! Stripes on side of the car look like they are gloss. Any suggestion as to whether to put Flat Black stripes or Gloss? Installer is almost insistent that the Flat will look better on the Vapor.

I have a 2008 GT500 Convertible - Vapor and about to have black racing strips on it.. Installer recommends Flat Black stripes.!! Stripes on side of the car look like they are gloss. Any suggestion as to whether to put Flat Black stripes or Gloss? Installer is almost insistent that the Flat will look better on the Vapor.

Archived