TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Product Release: GT500KR Engine Coil Covers

Guest staff2

Guest staff2

Made in the U.S.A., these machined coil covers feature the "Shelby GT500KR" logo.

Applications:

2008-2009 Shelby GT500KR

Notes:

Sold as a pair.

Available in red, stain, black or blue.

$453.00

These are restricted for GT500KR owners only and your vehicle must be in the registry. You must call SPP at 702.405.3500 to order.

59167-1.jpg

59167-2.jpg

59167-3.jpg

59167-4.jpg

That blue one is STUNNING, too bad I have a red car. I might wait until a few more items are available but I WILL purchase these. GREAT going Shelby staff, keep up the good work!

Just called the Shelby Store and spoke to Cameron. Very up beat, courteous and professional. Should be receiving them in 3-5 business days. In case anyone is curious they are $453 plus S&H to your destination. Can't wait. Good job Staff and keep those KR specific products coming.

P.S. - Patiently waiting on door sills and fuse box cover. ;-)

Just called the Shelby Store and spoke to Cameron. Very up beat, courteous and professional. Should be receiving them in 3-5 business days. In case anyone is curious they are $453 plus S&H to your destination. Can't wait. Good job Staff and keep those KR specific products coming.

P.S. - Patiently waiting on door sills and fuse box cover. ;-)

The shipping time on these was a mistake. It was meant to say 1-2 weeks not 1-2 Days sorry for the confusion.

Coil covers. Nice!!!

I want a set!!!

:happy feet:

Wait are these exclusive to KRs???? or can any ol' GT500 owner buy them on ebay. :confused:

Sorry. couldn't help myself. :doh:

I'm thinkin Shelby needed to release these to raise some money ...... for all the staff they've had to hire to answer the phone ..........everytime you call upset about what is on ebay ........today.

Yup. And it all works to your benefit. Keep trolling ebay and you may be able to pick up a set. Hope you get the color you want. :hysterical::dance:

Man. You guys take this stuff way too serious. :hysterical3:

:talkhand: Sorry. What does "trolling ebay" mean exactly Real One?

Do you mean using ebay to find stuff you might like to purchase? That is "trolling how? Every part for your Mustang, Real One, is discussed in detail here.

One gives it a bit of time, searches ebay for the particular part you hope no one can get and voila, there it is. No trolling required.

If anyone trolls ebay, I'm guessing it is you. After you see something you don't like you can hit speed dial #1 and start telling Shelby your story. :cry:

Man, some of you guys are way too serious!!! :hysterical:

Fact of the matter I actually couldn't care less if you can find KR parts on Ebay. Doesn't matter to me in the least. Never said it did.

I think its actually cool that guys want KR parts. I'd love to see the KR tribute cars. :salute:

Its all good. Its a hobby. Do want makes you happy. Its supposed to be fun.

Takes care. :salute:

Guys I know the fellow that makes these parts, He also does parts for the Ford GT and bikes. His product is GREAT!!!. And his customer service is excellent. I have not seen them on a KR but have the same type of covers on my GT. I wouldn't hesitate a minute ordering these items . I will try and post a pic of my GT covers soon. Pics are on another computer.

ok here is a pic.

Very nice looking.

What's the price on those?

I'd be interested in a set for a GT500 if he makes them.

But.....I am ASSUMING he's not charging the same prices as the Shelby/Project 321 products cost, right?

Phill

So what's involved with installing these? Looks like just two screws/bolts? Any specific torque number to put them on? Any problems with taking the old ones off? Do we need some kind of gasket to install the new ones?

And as Scotty said above, if the driver's side is mostly covered by the plumbing (which doesn't really bother me), how difficult will it be to get the old one off and the new one on?

Thanks

It wouldn't be difficult. Just take off the intake hose from the CAI and it's clear to install.

I love them and probably will still purchase them but just have a problem that you really can't see it.

So what's involved with installing these? Looks like just two screws/bolts? Any specific torque number to put them on? Any problems with taking the old ones off? Do we need some kind of gasket to install the new ones?

And as Scotty said above, if the driver's side is mostly covered by the plumbing (which doesn't really bother me), how difficult will it be to get the old one off and the new one on?

Thanks

For those of you who are purchasing these, are you installing them on stock valve covers or what? and please show pictures once installed, I like them but can't help but wonder how hard they are going to keep clean with those ridges!!! headscratch.gif

Tim

Hey guys. I'm a GT500 owner and have a set of these made by the same company, just different etching. The install is very simple using a torx type srewdriver. There are three total, two on the drivers side and one on the passenger side. The other bolt on the passenger side is an extended type bolt that also acts as a bracket for the wiring harness. All it takes is a pair of pliers to loosen that one. Once off, reuse the factory gasket on the new covers and install. As mentioned, once you remove the intake tube on the driver's side you're good to go. Be careful with your tools when installing as the anodized aluminum covers will ding easily!

SAM_1148.jpg

SAM_1147.jpg

SAM_1150.jpg

SAM_1298.jpg

Hey guys. I'm a GT500 owner and have a set of these made by the same company, just different etching. The install is very simple using a torx type srewdriver. There are three total, two on the drivers side and one on the passenger side. The other bolt on the passenger side is an extended type bolt that also acts as a bracket for the wiring harness. All it takes is a pair of pliers to loosen that one. Once off, reuse the factory gasket on the new covers and install. As mentioned, once you remove the intake tube on the driver's side you're good to go. Be careful with your tools when installing as the anodized aluminum covers will ding easily!

SAM_1148.jpg

SAM_1147.jpg

SAM_1150.jpg

SAM_1298.jpg

Very nice looking!!!

I like the cobra on the blower great addition

Thanks guys. The blue Cobra emblem is the same one used on the stock '99 - '01 intake manifolds. I always liked it (see my old '99 pic below) and the top of the GT500 seemed as if it was missing something so I put one on.

000_0019Small.jpg

000_0018Small.jpg

000_0009Small.jpg

Archived