TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ouch!

dh777

http://www.mustangheaven.com/2010/polished-aluminum-cobra-wrecks-into-creek-a-few-miles-from-my-house/

From the article

This past weekend a few miles from where I live here in Arlington, Texas a 57-year-old man lost control of his polished Aluminum Cobra replica and ended up in a waterway adjacent to the roadway. The driver of the replica Cobra was attending an event called Texas Autocross Weekend at the University of Texas at Arlington when the Cobra’s throttle stuck wide open and the car spun out of control hitting a curb and flipping upside down landing in a creek. The Cobra was not taking part in the event, the driver was merely cruising by to show off his mirror like finish.

I drive by this intersection at least three times a week for various errands but would never imagine anybody ending up in the creek. The driver walked away without injuries but the car had noticeable damage. The polished Cobra replica is said to be worth $300K.

http://www.mustangheaven.com/2010/polished-aluminum-cobra-wrecks-into-creek-a-few-miles-from-my-house/

From the article

This past weekend a few miles from where I live here in Arlington, Texas a 57-year-old man lost control of his polished Aluminum Cobra replica and ended up in a waterway adjacent to the roadway. The driver of the replica Cobra was attending an event called Texas Autocross Weekend at the University of Texas at Arlington when the Cobra’s throttle stuck wide open and the car spun out of control hitting a curb and flipping upside down landing in a creek. The Cobra was not taking part in the event, the driver was merely cruising by to show off his mirror like finish.

I drive by this intersection at least three times a week for various errands but would never imagine anybody ending up in the creek. The driver walked away without injuries but the car had noticeable damage. The polished Cobra replica is said to be worth $300K.

You think he would let me paint his car ???? How can I screw up on polished metal

From the article

i operate a heavy rescue wrecker for the LA fire dept. from the way they rigged for the recovery it looks like the poor cobra had to be placed on the ground up side down and then re-rigged to rotate it on its wheels.......hopefully on the soft grass

That is seriously painful to see!

Why not just stomp the clutch, throw it in neutral and kill the ignition? Got my gas pedal stuck on the floor mat one time getting on the free way and had to stomp the clutch and pull the gas pedal back with my foot. I'm thinking he was sticking the throttle open voluntarily... but then, this is coming from a guy who drives a Mustang Cobra not a Shelby Cobra ;) some day...

That poor bast%#*d

More like Dumb Bast^%d!

Throttle stuck getting on the interstate last weekend! Didnt panic and got it unstuck. Stupid floormat had worked it way up. But this a F150 not a HOT ROD Cobra. I agree with an earlier post. He nailed it and lost control. Cant just admit you ended up in the drink. Got to be the cars fault!!!

MM

Throttle stuck getting on the interstate last weekend! Didnt panic and got it unstuck. Stupid floormat had worked it way up. But this a F150 not a HOT ROD Cobra. I agree with an earlier post. He nailed it and lost control. Cant just admit you ended up in the drink. Got to be the cars fault!!!

MM

I see the pictures, and there are no tire marks or anything in the grass. He must have been air borne the whole way into the water.

Archived