TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Officially Official

Well it was official a few minutes ago.

LeBron James has told ESPN that he will be playing the heat (AKA Miami) in the new basketball season.

I pretty much knew that he was going to go to Miami. I'm not a B-Ball fan myself, but with all of the stuff going on in the news about him, I just had to listen and also spread the word.

So what's your opinion on LeBron James going to Miami?

Officially the most hated man in Ohio. Not for leaving the Cavs but for the manner in which he went about it. I do not believe there is a larger ego anywhere on the planet! I have lost all respect for the man, but I still admire the player. I rank him up there with A-Rod and Bonds.

I hate NBA basketball!! Bunch of spoiled millionaires.

Hey.........It's Entertainment just like the top Movie Stars............

At least their not using your Money like Wall Street-Banking&Politics...........

What are those spoiled millionaire !@#$%^&* doing for you???????? :hysterical:

Officially the most hated man in Ohio. Not for leaving the Cavs but for the manner in which he went about it. I do not believe there is a larger ego anywhere on the planet! I have lost all respect for the man, but I still admire the player. I rank him up there with A-Rod and Bonds.

Couldn't agree more.

competatively, it was a cop out............and the heat is wade's team......lebron will never be the man in Miami.......

or anywhere else for that matter...........

I give it 2 months once the season starts and the finger pointing and whining will start and the 3 hosebags will realize its not that easy for

3 guys who always want the ball to play together........

so now they have to win and when they dont we can all enjoy watching the house of cards collapse! :hysterical::salute:

I think most of you guys have it all wrong.

LeBron owes nothing to Cleveland, he gave them 7 years, and the only help they get him is an old rundown Shaq that isn't even a game changer?

Cleveland was going to rely on LeBron's talent to make money, not championships. And that's fine if you own a team to make money. With Lebron gone, who do they have? No one...and you know, if Tim Duncan left the Spurs, we would still have two stars....same in LA with Kobe, or Boston.

See, Boston changed the way PLAYERS are looking at teams. Suddenly they began to realize a few years ago that they have the means and the motivation to create their own trades and build teams.

This particular one has been in the works for over a year. Wade and James are GREAT friends. Not good friends, GREAT friends. Bosh has the same agent as Wade and he basically just lucked into the deal, when originally, Wade and James had approached Carmelo Anthony with the same idea, and then Anthony signed a long term deal.

I think a lot of the anger and spill over from this is ownership pushed hype to put pressure on players to keep them from making their own deals on the multi-player level. Keep in mind, teams are restricted to make deals or offers at a certain time period of every year. Players can pick up the phone and call each other. All they need is their posse's accountant to crunch the numbers and find a team willing to pay.

As I said, it's the manner in which he went about it (hour long show, the BS that he didn't make up his mind until that morning, the rumor that he hire a documentary crew to follow him around for the last month or so while he supposively agonized over the decision.), not that he actually chose Miami. I'm surprised he stayed 7yrs with the Cavs to be honest. I expected him to jump after the 1st contract. Honestly, It would have been amazing if he won a title in Cleveland, but he needed help and if anyone was willing to move to Ohio to help make that happen would have done so.

I can find no fault with the move with the acception that he will never be able to claim the same real-estate as Jordan, Majic, or Bird as long as he plays with Wade. I'm not sure how James, Wade and Bosh will be able to elevate the team to championship status on their own. The Heat will not be able to afford the level of talent needed to complement the trio. Placing these guys on a court with a bunch of guys name Herb who are willing to take the minimum does not translate into a Laker killer. Just my opinion.

I hear Jackie Moon is willing to come out of retirement and move from Flint to Miami...but the money has to be right. :hysterical:

One other thing to just touch on...this whole anger towards the one hour special on ESPN. The money raised for that went to the Boys and Girls club of America. Maybe there is an ego thing in addition to, but hey, the guy raised free money for the kids they wouldn't have had if Clark Kent and Lois Lane broke the story in the Metropolis Globe....just sayin'

(Although Stephen A. Smith broke this exact story 2 full weeks ago.)

I know if people were labeling me the best thing since sliced bread at age 35, I would have a pretty big head. At 25, I'd need to wheelbarrow it around.

Yes, Lebron is simply misunderstood. His sole purpose for the entire dog and pony show since the calapse in the playoffs was so he could raise money for the Boys and Girls Club.

Lebron, Wade, and Bosh had this planned since the Olypics. As much as I dislike the idea of that I can accept it. But to act all "aw shucks, I was tormented by this decision" and then use the Boys & Girls Club as a vail for his ego, I would be insulted if I was a member of the Boys & Girls Club by Lebron using them in that manner.

Oh, Lebron's company requested they be allowed to sell sponsorship for the special with "proceeds" going to the Boys and Girls Clubs so you can bet his buddies were paid handsomely for their "consulting services". It wouldn't surprise me if his company gets the write-off.

I'm happy that the Boys & Girls club benefited from this circus act, but Lebron could have writen a check from his own account.

Archived