TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Updated clear coat with a splash

Can anyone lend me some money like 5k to fix my car oh wait there is this great body guy on here FOOSE jr if anyone can do it !! It's him he sprays Sema Paint :hysterical:

ant, might be time to chill...you put this out for "debate" so when you do that, you are going to get it. It's your car...do whatever you want, and yes I do want to see the finished product. No one's out to get 'cha just opinons for the "debate". I can't wait to see the next mod.....Craig

edit...one other thing..I agree you've got my vote on the brass ball award..... :hysterical:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like, I said your king and should me the FOOSE, I don't those are even your cars !!! Dude I guess you missed the part about the matches. Its a ford not a BMW body parts are cheap so stick with your day job and go crunch a couple of numbers. I home retired and you may need to practice more on your quality skills. Jobs are being lost everyday !!! Maybe I can work for you you can show what life is about.

Hey, at least if you burn it you might get book value for it.

Hang on, I need a minute to interpret what you are trying to type....

Only the '34 isn't mine, and the F150 was sold last year prior to buying the shelby, I only have the '68, the Jeep and the SGT now. But beleive what you want, I'm by no means the biggest baller on this site, my toys are low dollar compared to a lot of guys here, and that's NOT what this is about. But for what it's worth, I'd rather have my ford than a BMW ANY day. Maybe you're on the wrong site if these cars are so undesirable.

Can anyone lend me some money like 5k to fix my car oh wait there is this great body guy on here FOOSE jr if anyone can do it !! It's him he sprays Sema Paint :hysterical:

Do you know what SEMA is?

Hey, at least if you burn it you might get book value for it.

Hang on, I need a minute to interpret what you are trying to type....

Only the '34 isn't mine, and the F150 was sold last year prior to buying the shelby, I only have the '68, the Jeep and the SGT now. But beleive what you want, I'm by no means the biggest baller on this site, my toys are low dollar compared to a lot of guys here, and that's NOT what this is about. But for what it's worth, I'd rather have my ford than a BMW ANY day. Maybe you're on the wrong site if these cars are so undesirable.

Do you know what SEMA is?

i think it's what gets women pregnant... :doh:

:hysterical: Now that's funny!

I know what sema is it's hair gel !!! :hysterical3:

Ok , I give in on one thing my prep job suxed. I didn't even cover the window or back windshield. This is the longest, I ever owned a car my family is in shock.

But the blk was killing me its my 3rd black car in a row and no matter what you do every scratch stands out. To me thats like throwing out a hoaders property . :hysterical:

Anyway picture working with me all day and saying and doing stuff like this my last partner was a jamican angry man. I would screw to the point he starts to stutter. He ended up transferring down town to get away from me when ever he would see me and with his heavy jamican accent he call me a racist F-cker and he would start stutting. :hysterical: The funniest was taking him into brooklyn to an italian resturant he wasn't happy and the other patrons weren't either.

Here is a couple picks of the hood rubbed out not waxed or glazed

You have to admit, I got the blood moving again !!!

post-18733-127802463299_thumb.jpg

post-18733-127802470014_thumb.jpg

post-18733-127802479736_thumb.jpg

post-18733-127802483911_thumb.jpg

post-18733-127802490392_thumb.jpg

post-18733-127802494945_thumb.jpg

post-18733-127802463299_thumb.jpg

post-18733-127802470014_thumb.jpg

post-18733-127802479736_thumb.jpg

post-18733-127802483911_thumb.jpg

post-18733-127802490392_thumb.jpg

post-18733-127802494945_thumb.jpg

Looking good RacerX.

Your one of the reasons why I love this site your always up to something.

A day without RacerX comments is a boring day I hope someday we get to meet at a event

Looking good RacerX.

Your one of the reasons why I love this site your always up to something.

A day without RacerX comments is a boring day I hope someday we get to meet at a event

Thank you and we can always meet at my sunday meeting Husband against abusive wives !! Just say NO!!!

Jason, you planning on doing some surgery for your patients!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Sure did, I had a cranialanaldectomy to have my head removed from my posterior. Did that shortly after my teenage years.

It's nearly impossible to photograph black well. I'll save any kind of judgement until it's seen in person.

Believe me after all this wet sanding, I'm going to have to be nice to my wife my arms are dead weight :hysterical: But really way to much pearl. I'm not lieing only put a dash in and was shocked at the result. If anyone needs some silver pearl more than glad to share. You can also come to my sunday meetings it''s ok we can help stop the abuse and we have a safe house if you need to run from her. :hysterical3:

It's nearly impossible to photograph black well. I'll save any kind of judgement until it's seen in person.

Well I like to think I did a decent job of photographing my Black Ride!

img5525aa.jpg

img5539a.jpg

img5542a.jpg

img5543a.jpg

Good Luck on your project Racer!

Black is difficult to photograph because it reflects too much of the surrounding colors. It doesn't mean you cannot take a good photograph of your ride that happens to be black.

By the way, your Shelby looks great in the nude!

It was fun as it last once again I must bring the pleasure of wanting to read the forum's. But hands the youngester has beaten me my plan fail and my arms are still sore. I figure 3 to 4 more days of wet sanding and it will shine. It wasn't fun scraping the clear off the glass. The good is the wife is not happy till the car is finished and she been leaving me alone. It's been a quiet couple of days hopefuuly, I can go into next week. :hysterical::cry:

But I promise you guys that when I paint my truck.. I won't just plug the gun in and spray !!! But will play with those little knobs :salute:

Carry on

1st comment, what you've sanded looks a lil' better...

2nd... you didn't mask the glass??? how about the moldings? door jambs? undersides of the trunk and hood? engine bay? exhaust tips? wheel wells? wheels? hoodpin openings? hood pin lanyards? Now I'm picturing all the overspray in places it shouldn't be....

3rd... noticed the spoiler stayed on? isn't the underside rough now from the overspray?

Lastly, karma apparently got me last night, painted my jeep hood and all the shocks and some other parts, and two bugs went swimming in the clear coat on the hood :( Had to dig them out and bury the flaw in clear, hopefully I have enough material on it to be able to fix it..... I guess the bugs didn't get the memo not to screw with Mr. Foose Jr...... They did pay dearly for their sins though, one came out without his legs... which was actually worse for me to try and clean up the remnants... oh well, I'll add another "rule" to my earlier list, don't paint after dark!

1st comment, what you've sanded looks a lil' better...

2nd... you didn't mask the glass??? how about the moldings? door jambs? undersides of the trunk and hood? engine bay? exhaust tips? wheel wells? wheels? hoodpin openings? hood pin lanyards? Now I'm picturing all the overspray in places it shouldn't be....

3rd... noticed the spoiler stayed on? isn't the underside rough now from the overspray?

Lastly, karma apparently got me last night, painted my jeep hood and all the shocks and some other parts, and two bugs went swimming in the clear coat on the hood :( Had to dig them out and bury the flaw in clear, hopefully I have enough material on it to be able to fix it..... I guess the bugs didn't get the memo not to screw with Mr. Foose Jr...... They did pay dearly for their sins though, one came out without his legs... which was actually worse for me to try and clean up the remnants... oh well, I'll add another "rule" to my earlier list, don't paint after dark!

The answer is NO and no and no and no and yes the spoiler was on the car :hysterical: but I was able to spray under spoiler had it tilted up but you won't want to go in the trunk for awhile. But, I did know not to paint after dark :hysterical: I bow to you and surrender but I promise to take my time with my truck since the wife took my paint and till the stang is done and with her seal of approve no painty painty !!! I rushed for no stupid reason !!!

Have a great 4th everyone I'll be busy wet sanding

a little wetsanding and buffing for me in the plans for the weekend too, mostly need to do all the wiring and some minor assembly to wrap it all up.... we'll see how motivated I stay!

You don't want to know how long it took me to get the hood to look that way :cry: Thought about putting the sanded to work :drool: I know wrong move.

You don't want to know how long it took me to get the hood to look that way :cry: Thought about putting the sanded to work :drool: I know wrong move.

LOL, I know how long it takes to correct that much peel... your arms learn the hard way that it's better to spray practice panels to learn how to lay it out smoother from the start.... saves a TON of work. I would guess you had about 3 hours in sanding and buffing just the hood, and (not bein an asshole) it does look like it needs a little more buffing before you go to glaze. I can still see some sand scratches in the reflections...

They do make wet sand paper for d/a's, but I would stick with elbow grease. it's pretty pricey, and you need a special flexible pad to keep it from digging thru the clear.... I actually like to start with 1500 by hand, and go over it w/ 2000 after that also by hand, and then use the d/a w/ 3000 and it makes the buffing go quicker sometimes depending on how cured the clear is at that point.

LOL, I know how long it takes to correct that much peel... your arms learn the hard way that it's better to spray practice panels to learn how to lay it out smoother from the start.... saves a TON of work. I would guess you had about 3 hours in sanding and buffing just the hood, and (not bein an asshole) it does look like it needs a little more buffing before you go to glaze. I can still see some sand scratches in the reflections...

They do make wet sand paper for d/a's, but I would stick with elbow grease. it's pretty pricey, and you need a special flexible pad to keep it from digging thru the clear.... I actually like to start with 1500 by hand, and go over it w/ 2000 after that also by hand, and then use the d/a w/ 3000 and it makes the buffing go quicker sometimes depending on how cured the clear is at that point.

I have blisters on my blisters !!! I have never seen 3000 paper around here and next time I should read the direction for the clear. It stated to spray 2 light coats no more than that. So yesterday, I sprayed the side of my snow blower their way and you could see the clear like melt and flatten out. Live and learn but you have too a handi cap being italian we like extra everything :hysterical:

Going for a cruise in my IROC :hysterical:

I had the stripes removed at a Graphics shop with the intent of re-installing them. But once I had them removed and they had just buffed the car out to get rid of residue, I saw it and thought damn I like it just like that! Then they retinted my windows with cermaic IR tint, and clear bra'd the front and hood lip. Then they asked what else I needed done, so I said buff it all out again. With a fresh coat of wax, it looks like a black mirror. This winter I am going to have the whole car color sanded and buffed again before next years show season. :happy feet:

I have blisters on my blisters !!! I have never seen 3000 paper around here and next time I should read the direction for the clear. It stated to spray 2 light coats no more than that. So yesterday, I sprayed the side of my snow blower their way and you could see the clear like melt and flatten out. Live and learn but you have too a handi cap being italian we like extra everything :hysterical:

Going for a cruise in my IROC :hysterical:

2 light coats can be misleading... depends on how well it flows out and if you have the right hardener for the temp.... I put first one lighter, and second one heavy to make it look how I want, and sometimes 3 if I know it will get sanded heavily or sanded and buffed more than once, but that's rare.... you have a higher risk of solvent pop with more/heavier coats, that's when the outer coat dries out before the first coat can, and the solvents that are meant to come out as it cures get trapped and make bubbles... NOT good and the only fix is stripping it and starting over...

post-20396-127818136631_thumb.jpgpost-20396-127817934976_thumb.jpg

there both the same banga stang radiator cove the black and silver was painted first for the wife SGT. then she said i want it bright and loud so thats were the red fake carbon fiber came it the tower brace is also the fake carbon fiber . i airbrushed the caps with clear and red Candie concentrate mixed in the clear

the IWATA LPH 400 is a killer clear gun right now im doing same style rad. cover for my Roush 428 but it will be blue fake carbon fiber

JIM

post-20396-127817934976_thumb.jpg

post-20396-127818136631_thumb.jpg

Archived