TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New hood fit and ready for paint

Motor is out and comming apart to access the damage, clutch is good though. It looks like I hurt my motor at the same time I hurt my clutch, never made to the paint shop.

sorry to hear this Jeff. reminds me of the SGT builds. crack open the valve covers, thats where our problem was. heads were full of metal shavings. turned out they were built by MMR :censored:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

any update Jeff?

Everything was back, machined , balanced and layed out in the motor room Tuesday except for the new set of lash adjusters but they should gotten there by now. It should be in my car and running by Tuesday next week then it will be another day or so getting everything buttoned up and a little dyno time. Went back with a 2v chain tensioner and metal guides and thinking about dropping another heat range on the plugs to Brisk -2. How is yours comming along? If your like me and it's been running more than a week, the oils been changed twice and your getting ready to post up a sheet.

• 7 months later...

did you paint the rocker stripes? was the car painted outside the booth?

looks great!

All the stripes are painted. The car was painted outside the booth, they shut down Friday and pressure washed everything from the ceiling down including the bottom of my car and sealed the shop.Masked and sprayed the sealer Saturday and painted it Sunday, silver first then blue.They were getting ready to spray the last coat of clear when I showed up, and man that stuff ain't cheap either.Another day or two to dry then buff it and put it back together which might take awhile since they damn near stripped the car, even pulled the windshield and it's done.

I have thought about the same thing with 20K++ miles on my car. However that is a big step. Your car looks awesome, what type of paint did you use, how many coats of clear etc...? Thanks.

PS: Did you do new wheels too?

I have thought about the same thing with 20K++ miles on my car. However that is a big step. Your car looks awesome, what type of paint did you use, how many coats of clear etc...? Thanks.

PS: Did you do new wheels too?

PPG, I will get all the details tomorrow when I talk to them, want to make sure I have my facts straight before I post. We ran into a snag though, Ford sent the wrong windsheild moulding, they sent moulding for a vert and come to find out, you can't get the right moulding from Ford without buying another windsheild, sounds crazy but that's how it is and yeah I did new wheels too. :spend:

Congrats on getting blown.

More cellphone pictures:

216892_1706461705843_1367045559_3105978_7532731_n.jpg

208220_1706460425811_1367045559_3105974_7479900_n-2.jpg

207880_1706462305858_1367045559_3105982_7294368_n.jpg

121.jpg

PPG, I will get all the details tomorrow when I talk to them, want to make sure I have my facts straight before I post. We ran into a snag though, Ford sent the wrong windsheild moulding, they sent moulding for a vert and come to find out, you can't get the right moulding from Ford without buying another windsheild, sounds crazy but that's how it is and yeah I did new wheels too. :spend:

Congrats on getting blown.

More cellphone pictures:

216892_1706461705843_1367045559_3105978_7532731_n.jpg

208220_1706460425811_1367045559_3105974_7479900_n-2.jpg

207880_1706462305858_1367045559_3105982_7294368_n.jpg

121.jpg

I really would like to know for the record and your gloss looks like it is 5 coats deep! :)................ I had my car restriped down at Shelby Las Vegas along with new wheels installed and of course the "blower" and a few other things too :).... so a full repaint is not going to happen right now. However I am going to get the road rash and chips done. Just can't get enough you know.

Looking for more pics when your done.

Thanks-

I really would like to know for the record and your gloss looks like it is 5 coats deep! :)................ I had my car restriped down at Shelby Las Vegas along with new wheels installed and of course the "blower" and a few other things too :).... so a full repaint is not going to happen right now. However I am going to get the road rash and chips done. Just can't get enough you know.

Looking for more pics when your done.

Thanks-

Three coats of Glamour D8152-Performance+ then block sanded, buffed and final polished, so it will end up about 2 coats deep. The hood is back off now waiting on the windsheild to get here and be installed. There is enough paint left to do my original hood so I'm going to have it done and store it.

http://www.autocentral.com/article.mvc/PPG-Introduces-D8152-Performance-Glamour-0001

Three coats of Glamour D8152-Performance+ then block sanded, buffed and final polished, so it will end up about 2 coats deep. The hood is back off now waiting on the windsheild to get here and be installed. There is enough paint left to do my original hood so I'm going to have it done and store it.

http://www.autocentr...ce-Glamour-0001

Thanks...

Love almost everything, paint work, painted stripes, new hood...the car looks just about perfect in my book. Ok now I will say what I think about the wheels, they look like the 1990's style and your car with everything so perfect deserves something special. Don't bash me to hard now. Maybe someone can photoshop this car with Alcoas, CS wheels etc... I think that would be a different proscpective. All in all...... a beautiful car.

Love almost everything, paint work, painted stripes, new hood...the car looks just about perfect in my book. Ok now I will say what I think about the wheels, they look like the 1990's style and your car with everything so perfect deserves something special. Don't bash me to hard now. Maybe someone can photoshop this car with Alcoas, CS wheels etc... I think that would be a different proscpective. All in all...... a beautiful car.

LOL, I just sold a set of CS 40 wheels to get these, I guess I'm just not a 20's kind of guy and I needed 11" rears for the 315's. No bashing here, if everyone liked the same thing it would not take long before you got tired of looking at it no matter how good it looked the first time you saw it. I appreciate your opinion and thanks for the kind words.

LOL, I just sold a set of CS 40 wheels to get these, I guess I'm just not a 20's kind of guy and I needed 11" rears for the 315's. No bashing here, if everyone liked the same thing it would not take long before you got tired of looking at it no matter how good it looked the first time you saw it. I appreciate your opinion and thanks for the kind words.

Whew....I thought I was in for it. But in hearing your response I agree with your wisdom.

Dave

• 1 month later...

Hey, I found other posts by you stating the color code for the silver as M7049A / 63454..... is that what you ended up using? I'm going to do some paint work this weekend and would like to get it right the first time!

thanks!

Hey, I found other posts by you stating the color code for the silver as M7049A / 63454..... is that what you ended up using? I'm going to do some paint work this weekend and would like to get it right the first time!

thanks!

They used a Ford silver, I had some more work done and I will be picking it up today. I will varify the code and post it up this afternoon.

Thanks, I'm working on my radiator cover, so I want it to match the factory stuff... Did you have an opportunity to compare your silver to the original color on any other cars?

Thanks again!

quote name='jmn444' timestamp='1306927489' post='1162823']

Thanks, I'm working on my radiator cover, so I want it to match the factory stuff... Did you have an opportunity to compare your silver to the original color on any other cars?

Thanks again!

The code is Ford,TS Silver Frost and it's pretty damn close if not exact. I gave my extra stripe kit to another member or I would have compared the two but it looks to be an exact match to me and my painter.

Hope this helps.

Archived